Recent Topics

Ads

Quick explantation of current meta

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ArtAshoak

Re: Quick explantation of current meta

Post#11 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:46 pm

TreefAM wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:40 pm Guy asks in destro subchannel about the current wb/sc meta and all he gets is random "All is good" and other useless solo player crap.

The usual city wb meta
Tanks:
4 chosen (to spread their auras) 3borcs (also to spread their aoe buffs) and for the last spot you can but you don't have to take a 2h BG for aoe debuffs
Healers:
4 doks (backbone of every warband with their strong aoe heals and tankyness) 3 or 4 zealots because of their aoe buffs and strong ST heals and instead of a last zeal you can take a shamy for slow puddles or insta ress or pumps depending what you want to do with your warband.
Dps:
Can be tricky but these days it's mostly just aoe mara spam with a choppa or two for chop fasta, if you have the choppas you can pair them with mSH and these days putting magus as aoe rdps seems to be more popular than sorcs.
ST parties usually revolve around st mara and we.

For open rvr it doesn't really matter much since it's usually just pug stomping or handholding but even then you'd rather have mdps > rdps and you don't want to stack too many squishies, like the old bomb wbs with 4+ sorcs or stack more than 1 choppa in each party.
Every wb needs chosen, borcs, doks, zealots and maras, everything else is optional.
If you want to bring mSH or shamies you need to pair them with choppas otherwise they just don't work so well.

In scs you can run any combination of destro tanks outside of borc/borc since you lack a st punt in that case. Healers can work either way and for dps like I mentioned in the ST party bit.

With all that in mind, everything these days is just pure pugging, there's rarely anyone right now running "proper" comps for cities since they're just for gearing and you'll often fight whatever nonsense (like dps AMs in guild warbands lol)

If you are new and want to start on destro, then I suggest you start as one of the 5 classes I mentioned earlier (dok, zeal, borc, chosen or mara) and find a guild to run with. Everything else you can start as a side project.

This is actually one of the most informative and helpful posts I’ve found on this forum, thank you.

I made a black orc and am enjoying it and researched some of the meta and found that my class was just nerfed pretty hard about a month ago with the loss of CDR on waaaagh tactic.

I’m just curious if the meta you mentioned has shifted for BOs in cities because of the nerf. I like this class.

Is there still a place for me?
Should I re role a chosen, I think BO Is way cooler though.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#12 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:15 pm

There's still spot for borcs, I hear people run more snb bgs for the aoe snare, but it's still whatever, the Borc morale pump is still strong, his aoe buffs are still strong.
It's still a fine tank that can find a spot in any wb (also only tank that has a ws buff) even though I agree that the replacement tactic for WAAAAGH cd reducer is garbage.

Wattser

Post#13 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:11 pm

Not reading much love towards rSH, which I was planning on playing. Maybe back to my DoK then.