Recent Topics

Ads

Quick explantation of current meta

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
biqbox

Quick explantation of current meta

Post#1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:53 am

Hey

I've been reading about classes. Which is better and why? Many times I read "this pick is for sure okay but you won't get invited to city sieges" etc. etc.

Can someone give me the quick and dirty state of the game?
What are the typical work-horses for WB/SC groups?

Not nessecarily a math breakdown with to 0.1% differences. Just generally, which classes are represented in numbers in oRvR/SC right now?

Ads
Taxen0

Re: Quick explantation of current meta

Post#2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:27 am

This is only for large scale rvr and destro pov, for other content it is even enough that you can get groups.

So for organised WBs all tanks and healers are needed, and you want a mix of all classes.

For dps you want strong aoe damage, so that mostly means melee dps and especially choppas, maras and maybe a squiggie. A ranged group with sorcs or magus is helpful as well but not as key.

So WE and rSH will have a harder time getting into those types of groups if that is your goal. But there are plenty of pretty organised wbs that don't really care.

For order the meta seems to be BW bomb wb, slayertrain or engineer spam.
Floffel - Zealot

phononHYPE

Post#3 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:23 pm

Taxen0 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:27 am ...

I wouldn't exactly say engineer spam, it's just that there happens to be a million of them laying around. For example, when I opened my cereal this morning, the toy surprise was an engineer.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

tazdingo

Post#4 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:30 pm

can confirm i'm tripping over engineers like coffee tables

Paxsanarion

Post#5 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:29 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:23 pm
Taxen0 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:27 am ...

I wouldn't exactly say engineer spam, it's just that there happens to be a million of them laying around. For example, when I opened my cereal this morning, the toy surprise was an engineer.

Thats hilarious! LOL

billyk

Post#6 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:59 pm

biqbox wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:53 am Hey

I've been reading about classes. Which is better and why? Many times I read "this pick is for sure okay but you won't get invited to city sieges" etc. etc.

Can someone give me the quick and dirty state of the game?
What are the typical work-horses for WB/SC groups?

Not nessecarily a math breakdown with to 0.1% differences. Just generally, which classes are represented in numbers in oRvR/SC right now?
The problem here is that forum meta ideas don't accurately represent game reality. You're better off playing some time and taking notes about how many toons of a given class you see. Enemy addon is good for this in SCs. For example:
- According to forum meta, Slayer > WH, but since there are a ton of WHs running around and only a few Slayers, this is incorrect - Slayers are frankly useless without a Slayer train and dedicated healers.
- According to forum meta, Order is 90% rdps and lacks heals, however if you look at scenarios, this isn't the case at all. If anything, Destro is rdps dominant because of metric tons of SHs everywhere, and Order lacks tanks.
- According to forum meta, Destro loses forts because of Order rdps. If you actually play forts, you will notice that Destro likes to push two forts, bait Order into defending one of them and then leave to roll over the second one because Order can't leave without waiving their medals.

tl;dr: Don't believe everything you read on here, instead pay attention in game.

TreefAM

Post#7 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:40 pm

Guy asks in destro subchannel about the current wb/sc meta and all he gets is random "All is good" and other useless solo player crap.

The usual city wb meta
Tanks:
4 chosen (to spread their auras) 3borcs (also to spread their aoe buffs) and for the last spot you can but you don't have to take a 2h BG for aoe debuffs
Healers:
4 doks (backbone of every warband with their strong aoe heals and tankyness) 3 or 4 zealots because of their aoe buffs and strong ST heals and instead of a last zeal you can take a shamy for slow puddles or insta ress or pumps depending what you want to do with your warband.
Dps:
Can be tricky but these days it's mostly just aoe mara spam with a choppa or two for chop fasta, if you have the choppas you can pair them with mSH and these days putting magus as aoe rdps seems to be more popular than sorcs.
ST parties usually revolve around st mara and we.

For open rvr it doesn't really matter much since it's usually just pug stomping or handholding but even then you'd rather have mdps > rdps and you don't want to stack too many squishies, like the old bomb wbs with 4+ sorcs or stack more than 1 choppa in each party.
Every wb needs chosen, borcs, doks, zealots and maras, everything else is optional.
If you want to bring mSH or shamies you need to pair them with choppas otherwise they just don't work so well.

In scs you can run any combination of destro tanks outside of borc/borc since you lack a st punt in that case. Healers can work either way and for dps like I mentioned in the ST party bit.

With all that in mind, everything these days is just pure pugging, there's rarely anyone right now running "proper" comps for cities since they're just for gearing and you'll often fight whatever nonsense (like dps AMs in guild warbands lol)

If you are new and want to start on destro, then I suggest you start as one of the 5 classes I mentioned earlier (dok, zeal, borc, chosen or mara) and find a guild to run with. Everything else you can start as a side project.

zulnam

Post#8 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:49 pm

TreefAM wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:40 pm Tanks:
4 chosen (to spread their auras) 3borcs (also to spread their aoe buffs) and for the last spot you can but you don't have to take a 2h BG for aoe debuffs
Healers:
4 doks (backbone of every warband with their strong aoe heals and tankyness) 3 or 4 zealots because of their aoe buffs and strong ST heals and instead of a last zeal you can take a shamy for slow puddles or insta ress or pumps depending what you want to do with your warband.
Dps:
Can be tricky but these days it's mostly just aoe mara spam with a choppa or two for chop fasta, if you have the choppas you can pair them with mSH and these days putting magus as aoe rdps seems to be more popular than sorcs.

[...]

If you are new and want to start on destro, then I suggest you start as one of the 5 classes I mentioned earlier (dok, zeal, borc, chosen or mara) and find a guild to run with. Everything else you can start as a side project.
This is very accurate, although keep in mind that even as a mara you might have difficulty finding groups since there is always a huge list of dps to pick from. That said your chances go up a lot with aoe mara.

Would also like to add that an oWB when put on the spot will run more than one BG or one Shamy. You should still avoid these for now however since they are the hardest to play properly in their respective archetype (tank/healer).

The meta however is more of a best practice guide that organised warbands try to follow in cities, but remember a very good player will find a spot with a RvR crew no matter the class. It's up to you then to make the class/spec work. ;)
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
TreefAM

Post#9 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:58 pm

I mean yeah, that's what the meta is, doesn't mean it's what you end up with in oRvR
For example I often used to stack choppas and run like 4+ choppa warbands.
Or 3-4 sorcs (including me) back when I was leading on the sorc.
If you don't have a big guild/alliance to pull the members from (my case in the last 6-7months) your warbands end up looking pretty strange but if people follow and just apply dmg on the wanted spot it will work against over 90% of the server.
But that's oRvR, there's literally no tryhard guilds/warbands in this game so it doesn't really matter much.

biqbox

Post#10 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:21 am

Thanks for all the replies.

So there seems to be a "meta" but it's not really mandatory outside of the "tryhard" guild warbands.

I've rolled a BG with my Choppa, BO and Shaman friends. We should be fine.

I'm a returner and I have a Mara parked at 40/50. I have a "plan B" :)

Cheers! I will try and make my 2h BG dream work.