Recent Topics

Ads

What classes are needed most now for Destruction?

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sightbringer

What classes are needed most now for Destruction?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:30 pm

I played the original WAR way back in the day and am planning to try this version. I preferred Destro in the past and I played a DoK (DPS at first but switched to healing when DPS got nerfed) and also a Squig Herder (RDPS).

I've been reading that Squig Herder is all melee in warband mode (not even sure what warband mode really means) and that doesn't appeal to me so I'm thinking about rolling a healing DoK or a Chosen (the latter of which I have never played). However, I figured I'd ask what is most needed now (I'm in US central time fwiw).

Thanks

Ads
tazdingo

Re: What classes are needed most now for Destruction?

Post#2 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:03 pm

destro isn't really hurting for anything. highly saturated with chosen, BO, choppa, zeal & we. every other player is a shaman. feels like there might be a slight lack of maras and chalice doks these days

destro can sometimes feel like they dont have enough dmg if they don't hit the critical mass of choppas and just have dps tanks, so sorcs feel somewhat needed these days too

Detangler

Post#3 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:52 pm

Roll a tank or healer. Never enough of those. Especially the good tanks that guard swap.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

anarchypark

Post#4 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:57 pm

chosen plz or any tank
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Levioc

Post#5 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:10 pm

Slayer ... Tons of slayer ..

Schweedy

Post#6 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:21 am

For the love of Tzeentch. DO NOT GET A MAGUS.

It's a mediocre class with a role that a DPS shaman can do better. You will also be skipped for City Sieges and City Defences, since most warbands only require a geared one (sometimes) for rifting purposes.

DPS shaman (properly geared) can strip blessings and even heal while doing insane damage. All Magi have are DoT loading and fluff damage that is absolutely negligible in RvR and can be easily cleansed. Even Destro's worse healer (Zealot) offers greater utility due to their Armor Debuff and various Heal Debuffs. Anyone who argues for Magus utility/viability hasn't played this game long enough.
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60

mekal

Post#7 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:27 am

Schweedy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:21 am For the love of Tzeentch. DO NOT GET A MAGUS.

It's a mediocre class with a role that a DPS shaman can do better. You will also be skipped for City Sieges and City Defences, since most warbands only require a geared one (sometimes) for rifting purposes.

DPS shaman (properly geared) can strip blessings and even heal while doing insane damage. All Magi have are DoT loading and fluff damage that is absolutely negligible in RvR and can be easily cleansed. Even Destro's worse healer (Zealot) offers greater utility due to their Armor Debuff and various Heal Debuffs. Anyone who argues for Magus utility/viability hasn't played this game long enough.
This guys is hard gatekeeping a good Magus is prob best destro roamer a half decent zealot is best destro healer

To the point though whats needed is generic what you enjoy playing a person that enjoys what they're doing will look to improve vs someone that is stuck doing what they dislike

Sofong

Post#8 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:40 am

any healing type healers.

Ads
Schweedy

Post#9 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:43 am

mekal wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:27 am This guys is hard gatekeeping a good Magus is prob best destro roamer a half decent zealot is best destro healer

To the point though whats needed is generic what you enjoy playing a person that enjoys what they're doing will look to improve vs someone that is stuck doing what they dislike

Anything those 2 do, a Shaman can do better (Roaming AND Pure Healing). This isn't even a debate buddy. Zealot provides high levels of mitigation yes, but without group cleansing or comparable burst healing to compensate for insane Order DPS you making your Destro Warband a walking renown piñata for Order Warbands.
Spoiler:
Tell me you don't know about RvR endgame without telling me you don't know about RvR endgame.
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60