Recent Topics

Ads

Fair rights to Lair bosses

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tesq

Re: Fair rights to Lair bosses

Post#11 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:15 pm

Sejanus wrote:
Tesq wrote:
i suggest instead a system with give the drop and kill to ppl who first pulled it and can only give them to the enemy if none of your party member is present alive at the kill. This way enemy kill you and then kill the boss instead db steal directly over the boss.

1 thing is db steal
1 thing is fight for the lair bosses

you should encourage the gank of the ppl not the gank of the bosses.

NB: make a check before boss reset to actually attack also the other side if all the party member die.
Its a good idea but you'd have to also fix it so people couldn't tag and run away. But also prevent it from being untagged from being reset if a tank gets punted and another group swoops in while there are still party members alive.
no sense i mean, if 6vs 1 and 1 tank get puntted tank will die from boss and enemy, or will tank boss and either self jimp the guard swap/ force healers into heal him vs other enemy that try to kill em or either reset it exit from the lair.
if boss reset wounds it also reset enemy party for kill/loot; there is no problem, is totaly right that the first that try to kill it cannot get stealed the kill if 1 of his member is alive.

1-because they probably camped there more times
2-because under an inc they will have to handle both the boss and the attackers which favour the gankers totally and not the ganked.

basically wait 25% life go gank healers and you have no disadvantage. You should both have one that make the fight more fair since gankers have teh surprise element.

ganked need to fight both boss and enemy BUt have loot/kill reserved
gankers need to wipe first the enemy to be able to loot / get the kill but have the advantage of the gank vs a in fight enemy.
Last edited by Tesq on Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
slightwriter

Post#12 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:04 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
slightwriter wrote:
bloodi wrote:Are Gms really respawning bosses for some people? How is that in any shape or form, allowed?
I think it is a matter of testing live. I don't think it is a mater of favorites getting special treatment. It would be nice if interference was met with something like "Please do not interfere with this test while we work to balance this encounter" rather than "banned". But power does that thing.
Storm wasn't part of the testing or the group that started this conversation, he was responding to player reports of misconduct as GM's are generally expected to do.

You can bring any further psuedo-accusations of GM misconduct to me via PM. I don't expect to entertain them further on the forums.
Ahh the mistake is all mine then. I seem to have conflated the account of Storm's unfortunate interaction with Torque's account above. Just a misunderstanding then. And I will certainly follow your advice Wargrimnir, thank you. I'm sure it will treated pseudo-seriously.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#13 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:06 pm

Or you need to observe an enemy group go in and try to kill it, kill them all and steal their kill. problem solved!

Tesq

Post#14 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:10 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:Or you need to observe an enemy group go in and try to kill it, kill them all and steal their kill. problem solved!
Actually that's exatly why it should be changed gankers have too many advanatge in these situations.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#15 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:28 pm

Become the gank. Embrace the gank.

Dresden
Banned

Post#16 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:40 pm

HAHAHAHAHAWOW.

There is no way in hell i'm going ANYWHERE near those lair bosses unless it's to gather info.

I think my beastlord gear can wait a few... years.

It's so chilly in here, is anyone else cold?
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Vayra

Post#17 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:48 pm

Tesq wrote:
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:Or you need to observe an enemy group go in and try to kill it, kill them all and steal their kill. problem solved!
Actually that's exatly why it should be changed gankers have too many advanatge in these situations.
So long as it's order ganking destro or destro ganking order it's all good. There just shouldn't be a way for a same faction group to come in and steal a kill. Which if they use the most dmg done for credit model isn't really an issue unless a much better geared group comes in very early.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Tesq

Post#18 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:39 am

Vayra wrote:
Tesq wrote:
So long as it's order ganking destro or destro ganking order it's all good. There just shouldn't be a way for a same faction group to come in and steal a kill. Which if they use the most dmg done for credit model isn't really an issue unless a much better geared group comes in very early.
link to the party of the first who tap it..... (as it should be and was in live ) would solve all the issuess... instead better dmg or who get the DB....

Ads
Vayra

Post#19 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:01 am

Tesq wrote:
Vayra wrote:
Tesq wrote:
link to the party of the first who tap it..... (as it should be and was in live ) would solve all the issuess... instead better dmg or who get the DB....
That would be even better. Had 3 lairs in a row stolen by other destro who came in after us and just did more damage. Really annoying when there's not much I can do about it as a healer. Or at least give quest credit to everyone who participates.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:10 am

Three/Four of our guildies (including me) now have 6/6 beastlord - and we were playing Order. We lost a few, got 'ninja'd', and it has been a pain in the a$$ - but it's done!

Suck it up, and follow Norkali's advice! :D