Recent Topics

Ads

[oRVR]/PVE hopping

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Valfaros

[oRVR]/PVE hopping

Post#1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:52 pm

You all know it you all see it most of us hate it. A premade standing close to a river ganking smaller grps and running into PVE as soon as they get some real challenge. They often use NPC's (often friendly only to them) as cover to just run away from a real fight. This is mostly a problem with oRVR zones limited by rivers.
I don't think that's how oRvR should be. If you screw up or get yourself caught in an outnumbered fight you either find some of your allies to help you or you will be directly delivered back to your warcamp (by dieing).
It's just plain annoying to get the same grp everyday on the same spot where they are pretty save from being ganked themself while they can gank smaller grps.

I propose some kind of debuff when you enter PVE while infight or deflag starts to tick (from 10 to 0) and at 0 you get a 15 minute no enter oRVR debuff.
This lame PVE/oRVR hopping without penalty has to stop. If you run away into a save zone "PVE"/port away/run into unfinished maps to get ported you should get a penalty a lot like the penalty you get from not entering a SC.
So basically if you are a chicken (at fighting) you will have to wait before you cross the road again (in this case often rivers).

Ads
Morthar

Re: [oRVR]/PVE hopping

Post#2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:18 pm

Valfaros wrote:I propose some kind of debuff when you enter PVE while infight or deflag starts to tick (from 10 to 0) and at 0 you get a 15 minute no enter oRVR debuff.
This lame PVE/oRVR hopping without penalty has to stop. If you run away into a save zone "PVE"/port away/run into unfinished maps to get ported you should get a penalty a lot like the penalty you get from not entering a SC.
So basically if you are a chicken (at fighting) you will have to wait before you cross the road again (in this case often rivers).
vote for a debuff... this grp dont want to fight 6vs6, just running and gank. In the rvr there are enough possibilities to go back to zihen without as the pve has to incorporate. It can not be meaningful and purposeful to the groups in the master zürich and thus a fight escaped which they might be lost in concept (yes also at 6vs6 unfortunately occurs)
Xarloc RR 80+ <Guerra>
Tokzok RR 80+ <Guerra>

War RoR Video´s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mllYzM ... qNIi_1-ls0
Deutsches Forum: https://waaagh.de/forum/

Dabbart

Post#3 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Set a trap. Don't follow them. Keep a few party members mounted pushing the sides to catch them. Utilize CC intelligently to lock them down.

You seem to want them to just stand there a die. Kiting is an extremely efficient strategy. If you lose to the exact same strategy over and over, try altering what you are doing?

Yea. Kiting into mobs can be annoying. But that's why you have Tanks with Challenge. Next you'll be saying that players shouldn't be able to use a Postern if in Combat since it's OP...

No debuff upon entering PvE. A lot of times entering PvE is the only want to bypass gankers enroute to a keep defense.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:47 pm

Just don't follow the small 6man with your bigger numbers, then? You want to force smaller groups to play with warbands, because without such exits they'll just get trodden over.

It's called situational awareness.

dansari

Post#5 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:31 pm

To quote Norkalli, this might be a "gitgud" situation.
<Salt Factory>

Tankbeardz

Post#6 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:42 pm

So you want to penalize a group ganking a smaller group but reward a larger group for ganking them? :roll:

The porting out option is another issue and is indeed lame, but kiting to thin the herd is just smart.

areanda

Post#7 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:45 pm

I agree wit the op .. its dumb and nasty penalize no but make the mobs around orvr zones neutral.. so both ends can go in ( make sure no aoe attacks :))

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Use actual tactics and dont get kited. Dont chase obvious bait.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:55 pm

I really do try to find some value in these suggestions, but I don't see it here. If there's some obvious entrance to a bad zone from PvE that we missed, put it on the bugtracker with screenshots. That would be the only thing we're interested in "fixing".
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog