Recent Topics

Ads

Idea for Isle of the Dead

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tykros

Idea for Isle of the Dead

Post#1 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:58 am

Isle of the Dead – suggestion/idea

I've always thought it was strange to only be able to play/see 4 of 8 winds of magic in the Isle of the Dead because it is Order/Destruction dependent. Why can't everybody on both sides have a go on all 8 winds?

Idea in a nutshell:
When Elf T4 or all T4's lock, Isle of the Dead opens with 8 BO's in RVR (replacing the original PQ's), similar as Capital fights for a few hours (let's say 2 hours). This can be done while other T4 RVR-zones are still open (in case of an Elf-only T4 scenario) or as some sort of replacement (or in combination with) capital fights (when they become available).
After lock, players are able to teleport/fly to the Isle of the Dead.

Suggestions/ideas:
Change PQ's to BO's and make 1 huge RVR-zone in which both sides fight for control over all 8 for a restricted amount of time. After that time factions (on all tiers and for the whole realm so lower tiers and/or players who want to get those bonuses on other characters also benefit from the achievement from the stronger T4 guys in the game) get a bonus/reward.

Bonus option1:
“X” times bonus of Y% on INF/EXP/RR/other where “X” = number of BO's controlled by the end of 2 hours of fighting.
- Bonus option 2:
Unlock a bonus for each BO under control by the faction
Example
– 0-1 BO's: No bonus
– 2 BO's: XX% bonus on EXP
– 3-5 BO's: XX% bonus on RR/other (ex: 3% for 3 BO's, 6% for 4 BO's, 9% for 5BO's)
> In this case even the faction that did lose still has something
– 6 BO's: XX% Increased rare drops or token drops in RVR/Scenario's
– 7 BO's: XX% Increased Crit chance
– 8 BO's: All the above and a Gold Bag containing a Super Deluxe Gear piece for people who actually won.

Bonus options can also be combined/changed etc etc.

Additional options:
– After X number of the 8 BO's are controlled by 1 of the 2 factions some big monster spawns (Greater Daemon Lord for example)
– Have neutral Critters running around that attack both Order and Destruction. Maybe recycle the critters of the old PQ's or use stuff like Chaos Spawn, spirits of some sort or Elementals etc. These can be used depending on the specific wind where they hang around.
– Put in some extra teleport-spots to travel around the Isle. Optional make them in 1 direction and/or open/close after X players used them or have them not open all the time. Or make them only in 1 direction and then change directions etc etc. (It's Chaos so let it be Chaotic)

Again, this is just an idea and I have absolutely no clue where the Dev's are going with Isle of the Dead and/or other future plans for the game. This is just an idea I've been thinking on from the days from live, originally as some sort of replacement for a capital fight for T4 Elf.
I also have absolutely no idea on what is doable in terms of programming and stuff like that so feel free to throw the idea in the garbage can if it's ridiculous and/or undoable.

Cheers!

Ads
Collateral

Re: Idea for Isle of the Dead

Post#2 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:52 pm

This map is not even available yet. But afaik when the patcher is done the devs will be able to do much more with the maps, if they so choose.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Tykros wrote:Isle of the Dead – suggestion/idea

I've always thought it was strange to only be able to play/see 4 of 8 winds of magic in the Isle of the Dead because it is Order/Destruction dependent. Why can't everybody on both sides have a go on all 8 winds?

Idea in a nutshell:
When Elf T4 or all T4's lock, Isle of the Dead opens with 8 BO's in RVR (replacing the original PQ's), similar as Capital fights for a few hours (let's say 2 hours). This can be done while other T4 RVR-zones are still open (in case of an Elf-only T4 scenario) or as some sort of replacement (or in combination with) capital fights (when they become available).
After lock, players are able to teleport/fly to the Isle of the Dead.

Suggestions/ideas:
Change PQ's to BO's and make 1 huge RVR-zone in which both sides fight for control over all 8 for a restricted amount of time. After that time factions (on all tiers and for the whole realm so lower tiers and/or players who want to get those bonuses on other characters also benefit from the achievement from the stronger T4 guys in the game) get a bonus/reward.

Bonus option1:
“X” times bonus of Y% on INF/EXP/RR/other where “X” = number of BO's controlled by the end of 2 hours of fighting.
- Bonus option 2:
Unlock a bonus for each BO under control by the faction
Example
– 0-1 BO's: No bonus
– 2 BO's: XX% bonus on EXP
– 3-5 BO's: XX% bonus on RR/other (ex: 3% for 3 BO's, 6% for 4 BO's, 9% for 5BO's)
> In this case even the faction that did lose still has something
– 6 BO's: XX% Increased rare drops or token drops in RVR/Scenario's
– 7 BO's: XX% Increased Crit chance
– 8 BO's: All the above and a Gold Bag containing a Super Deluxe Gear piece for people who actually won.

Bonus options can also be combined/changed etc etc.

Additional options:
– After X number of the 8 BO's are controlled by 1 of the 2 factions some big monster spawns (Greater Daemon Lord for example)
– Have neutral Critters running around that attack both Order and Destruction. Maybe recycle the critters of the old PQ's or use stuff like Chaos Spawn, spirits of some sort or Elementals etc. These can be used depending on the specific wind where they hang around.
– Put in some extra teleport-spots to travel around the Isle. Optional make them in 1 direction and/or open/close after X players used them or have them not open all the time. Or make them only in 1 direction and then change directions etc etc. (It's Chaos so let it be Chaotic)

Again, this is just an idea and I have absolutely no clue where the Dev's are going with Isle of the Dead and/or other future plans for the game. This is just an idea I've been thinking on from the days from live, originally as some sort of replacement for a capital fight for T4 Elf.
I also have absolutely no idea on what is doable in terms of programming and stuff like that so feel free to throw the idea in the garbage can if it's ridiculous and/or undoable.

Cheers!
Wow... It seems someone have read my notes :). Got something quite similar in the head, planned for LOTD ( if team is agree ofc) +
making west praag, Isle of deads and East of TM more usefull...

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:40 pm

I dreamt of something big for isle of the dead. Its the most important part of the old world and even gets its own game now (total war warhammer 2).

Kretschmer

Post#5 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:46 pm

Sounds fantastic. Half - afk zones reworked, alive and fun.
This game is going in the right direction.

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:25 am

But how would this affect the TOVL dungon itself? Would it do away with it? What about the funn stuff like the world boss?

It would be in my personal opinion, nice to have some strictly pve content that dosnt get mixed in with all the rvr stuff

Martok

Post#7 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:10 am

Good stuff, would love to see something like you outlined in play. Don't really know why but I always enjoyed running around the Isle of the Dead.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...