Recent Topics

Ads

Bring back the champion Rats!!!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Do you want to bring the rvr champ rats back?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Yes!
36%
No!
36%
I see no difference whatsoever!
5%
You are a disgrace to Mork(Or is it Gork?) Delete dis Post!
24%
Total votes: 42

Toshutkidup

Re: Bring back the champion Rats!!!

Post#11 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:56 am

Fey wrote:I played Daoc, and I leveled 10 toons to 40 on this server with zero help. It is beyond easy to level on this server. You have no idea what the term, "grind", means. Whatever, you post more than I do so I suppose you win.

Leveling in DAoC became much much easier when they implemented the instant lvl 50 as long as you already had a lvl 50.... DAOC was also for the 7 years I played very very PL friendly. Albion, find a necro buddy, easy to get leveled. Midgard, Spirit Master done, Hibs.. find a Animist , done. This game is much harder and slower to level. Is that bad.. eh maybe not , sure is tedious tho.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 am

Hard to believe that not even 20 ppl are online in mid tier to make sc pop during US prime time.
Dying is no option.

flatfoot1987

Post#13 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:54 am

I gotta agree that bringing back the rats isn't exactly the best idea as it feels a bit wrong from the game design perspective.

But an xp multiplier for people who already have 40s would be great and it seems totally justified.

For example, I've stopped playing because I'm not really happy with the class choices I've made earlier but leveling again seems like a real chore. So I just keep an eye on server news, log every once in a while and log out without actually playing.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Hargrim
Developer

Post#14 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:02 am

flatfoot1987 wrote:I gotta agree that bringing back the rats isn't exactly the best idea as it feels a bit wrong from the game design perspective.

But an xp multiplier for people who already have 40s would be great and it seems totally justified.

For example, I've stopped playing because I'm not really happy with the class choices I've made earlier but leveling again seems like a real chore. So I just keep an eye on server news, log every once in a while and log out without actually playing.
How boosting xp for players with r40 characters affect new players?

Danord
Suspended

Post#15 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:07 am

The 3x xp on quest was nice.
This game prolly has one of the worst ratios on quest xp vs time i have seen.

Sulorie

Post#16 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:27 am

Danord wrote:The 3x xp on quest was nice.
This game prolly has one of the worst ratios on quest xp vs time i have seen.
Because quests are primary done for lore and steady progress to 40, not to rush it.
Dying is no option.

roadkillrobin

Post#17 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:49 am

How about just better rewards for PQs so people actually do them as a way to level up?
More XP, better gear and even some renown could be rewarded, but up to a renown lvl cap at each tier.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#18 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:50 am

Thread was dead from the second post.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads