Recent Topics

Ads

SC- Should Loosing side get rewarded aswell?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dabbart

Re: SC- Should Loosing side get rewarded aswell?

Post#21 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:32 am

The OP is to Loose with his definition of Reward. The Losing team doesn't get a trophy. Sorry.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Cyttorak

Post#22 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:09 am

I've just been doing SCs in my playtime, because I need Dominator to improve my gear, that's about 3-4hs/day. This is the opinion of a player that just queues solo /join all and waits for the calling. If you play order, you can't say there is no problem with SCs. AFK people are nothing compared to how frustrating SC's have been these past days... You can't even call it farming anymore, it's straight up losing EVERY SC. Last week you could still just leave Tor Anroc aside and still collect some wins, but this week, It's all Destro... If I were playing Destro I woudn't want anything to change either, just keep collecting. Idk why things are so unbalanced, if it's due to more geared players, more organized, or even skilled players on Destro side, but Order should have a chance to scale and still farm gear when losing. I'm not talking about 500 > 400 victories, yesterday I played for 2hs on SCs just to give up, all I had was 500 > 0s, how can I get better If I can't even farm gear? More importantly, If I experience ZERO accomplishment, whats the point, why should I keep playing?

If you ask me what do I think about rewarding a fixed amount of emblems to the losing side? That would be a lot better than what's happening right now for people that like me, just play SCs for emblems, that make friends on the process, and wanna have a fair way to improve their gear without feeling they are just corpses feeding the Destro machine.

Serrow

Post#23 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:14 am

I've pretty much experienced the same thing as Cyttorak all week. I get that the losing side doesn't deserve a trophy as it were, but if I spend three to four hours getting stomped in lopsided 500 - 0 games and receive no renown or currency, then what's the point? I get no experience, no gear and it's not fun at all. The only thing you can do is not queue up, which further exacerbates the issue.

Madcatmech
Suspended

Post#24 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:57 am

you are losing because destro pugs are overall better players, this is partly because order is ridden with roleplay shitters. if you play 2 to 4 hours every night and you still dont take the initiative to look in /5 for a group, even if you are losing 100 percent, you dont deserve emblems or dominator gear.

szejoza

Post#25 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:27 am

As an order player that for last 3 weeks that have been playing mostly sc's Im amazed.
I play mainly in the EU primetime, I queued solo, and yet with 2-3 hours daily of sc's (which gives 10-15 scenarios, considering the wait time and length of the game) I was able to get over 1.5k emblems for the gear I needed (tho I wish I'd have a trophy for 1k emblems one day x)).
It's not about playing vs premade, it's about being braindead stupid, I had games (mostly in tor anroc tho) when order players would just run forward one by one getting killed, with no regrouping, well, if people play like that don't expect to win. Or would be spread as hell running between god knows what. Or even when being better at fights would ignore the objectives (can't get the flag in Phoenix Gate solo when you can be stopped by 2 players that got a bit of brains).

So, overall, order players sucks - generally, there are some exceptions. People are making jokes of Chinesehero but he is the one few to get first to the objective, he tries to rally forces, but all order do is make joke of him instead of listening to his advices. No matter what, it's the general order playerbase that suck and should not be rewarded with anything, if they will have a guaranteed 1 emblem then they will queue. They will grind their gear with loses rather than focusing on playing better, learning scenario objectives, countering specific classes. They would be noobs with good gear in the end, and nobody wants that, let noobs suffer and don't put them in the same basket as people that took the effort of 'gitting gud'
Spoiler:

Nidwin

Post#26 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:54 am

Let's forget T1 but what I saw in T2-T3 bracket and in T4 is that a lot of order queue up for scenarios while meta playing their toons (dps Healers, semi-glass canon 2handed dps tanks) while destro tend to be more heal and tank builded and played.

Don't get me wrong, everyone has the right to play his toons the way he/she wants but you've to realise that the matchmaking can't sort these kind of anomalies out or easily out.

In most cases there's also more discipline and less heroic fantasy attitude on destro side while having a more compact and often mdps pug train gameplay.

I like the actual reward system but I can understand that when you end too often under a 100 score and not even get an embleem while having done your best folks feel a bit "cheated".
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Manatikik

Post#27 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:56 am

Real issue is why do you get half rewards from dominating? You're doing too well so lets take away half of what you earned in this SC. I understand its to stop 6 mans from farming too many emblems quickly but why punish people for playing the game effectively?
<Montague><Capulet>

Foltestik

Post#28 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:05 am

Nidwin wrote:Let's forget T1 but what I saw in T2-T3 bracket and in T4 is that a lot of order queue up for scenarios while meta playing their toons (dps Healers, semi-glass canon 2handed dps tanks) while destro tend to be more heal and tank builded and played.
try to play destro you will see it from diferent perspective :)
when you have huricane and his sidekick leprechoun in sc you know you waste 2 healers spot and you will lose that sc and there is many players like this on both side

Ads
Nidwin

Post#29 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:12 am

I play destro Folt as I can't get used to order side, the side not the players.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Panzerkasper

Post#30 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:32 am

Ofc loser side should be rewarded and the closer the fight the more rewards they should get.

SCs just have the general problem of not beeing attractive to play, because the all around better loots and rr gain of the zergfest that is orvr doesnt encourage people to really play in 6mans.

Especially for healers since the SC sets are the damage ones and for a part of the tanks because it's the offtank variant.
Could be solved with a unified currency for each tier of gear, but this suggestion has been refused many times because of reason.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen