Dok/wp gear issue

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Dok/wp gear issue

Post#1 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:59 am

With the recent changes to dok/wp shield changes only makes the gear more undesirable. Before a dok had a 50% chance that the gear would be relavant, now it's a 33% chance. Before it was heal or dps now it's heal, dps or melee heals. The big difference is the melee heals has block making it irrelevant for other specs.

I heard rumors that the dok/WP gear had block on it. Sentinel gear is the new gear set and it's for melee heals. Now that spec gets another set?
Gunbad is heal with some stat mix
Onslaught is heal
Anni is heal
Conq is heal
Vanquisher is heal
Beastlord is a mix
Merc is dps
Dom is dps
Oppreasor is dps
Sentinel is mheal
Invader mheal?

There are plenty of options for healing. Technically 6 if you group all healing types but only 3 dps(2 of them endgame)

I suggest removing block from the mheals so they can be more inclusive for dps in general

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Dok/wp gear issue

Post#2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:38 am

My only wish is Beastlord for DoK/WP to lose the Willpower and get relevant Strength. BL is great for all other classes, except for DoK/WP. Leave my mheal sets alone though :D
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

wachlarz

Post#3 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:51 am

Change 6 bonus from van set. Its most useless bonus. Better use 3 van/3conq or 4 van/2 conq. I dont know some1 use full set ?

zwerrie

Post#4 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:00 am

Spoiler:
Soo ur complaining you have "only" 3! sets to choose from in your point of view.. you seem to do allright in spawnkilling in your current choice-pool. Lets reward that kind of gameplay and NOT adress the issues that are going on with fortresses.

Priorities > personal wishlist

Sorry if i burst your bubble (ego)
Let’s not attack each other.

Snoxx

Post#5 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:16 am

Why not make the playstyle-specific set bonuses useful for both melee playstyles?

Example:
Sentinel 6pc bonus is "5% block". It's only useful for melee heal spec.
You could simply add something to the 6pc bonus that is only useful for dps spec, like "10% increased damage on Excecute / Hammer of Sigmar" (only available with dual wield / 2-handed hammer).

This way you don't make the 6pc bonus any stronger at all, but the set becomes useful for both melee playstyles.

Foltestik

Post#6 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:18 am

question is why have two sets for shield heal (sentinel / invader) when there is like 2 shield WPs and 1 shield DoK on whole server.
and dont perform very well :D

Snoxx

Post#7 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:46 am

Foltestik wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:18 am question is why have two sets for shield heal (sentinel / invader) when there is like 2 shield WPs and 1 shield DoK on whole server.
Well, I assume they really, really want to push the new 1h + shield spec, and hope the new sets gonna somehow fix this now-broken spec.

I've played grace spec WP all the time, back on live servers and now here on RoR - until the 1h+shield changes came. I really gave it a try, and another try, and another, but finally I gave up and went for dps spec.
If anyone wants to know why, here is my detailed analysis:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=29559&start=10
(my postings on page 2 of the thread)

Rydiak wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:38 am My only wish is Beastlord for DoK/WP to lose the Willpower and get relevant Strength. BL is great for all other classes, except for DoK/WP. Leave my mheal sets alone though :D
Yeah, BL has a pretty weird stat combination, not really useful for any WP/DoK

(but every BL group wants a WP/DoK as healer because of their cleansing tactic, so you always are the one who should help despite you don't even want the set :roll: ).

btw, the Ruin set for WP/DoK also has some weird stat combination, doesn't fit any playstyle. Neither heal nor dps.

And another issue I noticed:
Sentinel set from city dungeons is for melee healers, but melee healing doesn't really work in PvE dungeons. I've done them as willpower healer and as melee dps, both works fine, but if you try melee healing it's doomed to fail because even the trashmobs have huge damage mitigation. You can't generate proper lifetap heals when the mobs (especially the bosses) take so little damage. Dunno how or if this needs to be addressed, I'm just saying things don't really fit together here.

s3rv0

Post#8 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Foltestik wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:18 am question is why have two sets for shield heal (sentinel / invader) when there is like 2 shield WPs and 1 shield DoK on whole server.
Minority matters , you know...

Ads
Valarion

Post#9 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:30 am

Its not just Dok/WP.

The invader set bonuses for AM/Shaman/RP/Zeal are hybrid are not ideal.
If both sides didnt desperately need heals Id probably sideline all 6 of my healers right now.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ryzom

Post#10 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:20 am

My Wp is heal spec with book and invader set is useless for me that's why i'm not going in forts with this char.
Ni dieu ni maître