Recent Topics

Ads

City pop problem

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Shooshpanzerer

Re: City pop problem

Post#11 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:23 am

EU problem is that it's locked in eternal stalemate. If there's >200 defenders in a fort, you are not taking it, unless other side throws.

Ads
doky

Post#12 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:29 am

EU player: what is city pop?

SuperStar

Post#13 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:09 am

Now I see not only me with this problem. Yep interrupt the sleep is not healthy but if I don't interrupt I Neva see city. And when I do sacrifice and woke up, group up would be nice if I didn't get pop coz the order number or I don't know why (there was IC so they are more I thought) so would be nice a lil reward like if I loose all stage and didn't get bag. I feel I don't wake up and group up for nothing. Just be frustrated at early morning. For me it's good if need contribution for city in fort too. It's fair enoungh. But we don't need contribution for city so if I there and ready to fight and I didn't got pop I would like to get some booby reward or else I will be sad and it's in healthy either.

I have a suggest if the t4 pop above 2000ppl don't need 2 fort for city only one if the population below 1000 need 3 fort.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#14 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:00 am

SuperStar wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:09 am if I there and ready to fight and I didn't got pop I would like to get some booby reward or else I will be sad
Really??

SuperStar wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:09 am I have a suggest if the t4 pop above 2000ppl don't need 2 fort for city only one if the population below 1000 need 3 fort.
So...if less ppl playing they need to grind more forts to reach city..?? emmm well...

Omegus

Post#15 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:12 am

doky wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:29 am EU player: what is city pop?
Dedicated EU player: what is sleep?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

nat3s

Post#16 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:19 am

I had a long conversation with some of the devs on Discord about the fact it's super easy to get cities with low pop and super hard with high pop...

Their response was that this is simply a "player issue" and EU needs to try harder. They don't currently recognise that zone locks are super easy at 5am with noone online and virtually impossible when defenders scale to 300+ in a zone. Keep/fort main doors only allow a certain number of attackers in due to collision, so offensive strength doesn't scale beyond the maybe 10 people/second you can squeeze through the funnel. Defensive strength on the other hand just keeps on scaling with every additional defender in the keep/fort. It's basically a defensive N+1 meta ala Eve Online for anyone who plays it.

It is exponentially easier for low pop late US TZ. They got it so good right now.

Not sure if design changes such as wider doors or an additional entrance to keep/fort is being looked at or not, from the feedback I received, it would appear not. If the RoR team are all US based they legit wouldn't see an issue as cities are happening daily at like 11pm US time (5am EU time). They may even think there are too many cities.

Last EU prime city was what, 2 weeks ago now?

I fear that EU pop, which is the server peak time, 2.5k players, will just shrink over time whilst the US TZ remains largely unchanged.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

nat3s

Post#17 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:50 am

emiliorv wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:07 am
zaauk wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:30 am We dont see cities and fort EU timezones....1 a week maybe while US/NA have it everyday. I can see your frustration, i feel the same.
But dont skip sleep, devs have to do something about it...
stop pushing zones in EU time => go to another things for 1 day (pve/scen/whatever) and let NA push the campaign

You misunderstand the problem and most US players will. Right now, EU pop is much higher than US pop. The game design is setup that defensive strength scales with each additional player but offensive strength does not (due to collision you can only ever fit 5 players/second through a funnel as I explained above).

This makes for super easy zone/fort locks during US TZ, particularly late evening from 9pm onwards. EU prime on the other hand has 2.5k+ online with frequent 400 vs 400 zones, attackers just cant cap a keep/fort with 400 defenders inside funneling in 5 players/second. Even the toughest of tanks get insta squished. This is why during EU prime (which you may not be aware of) there are very few zone locks.

It's a great state of the game for US players right now, daily cities. Pretty rubbish for EU prime who haven't seen a city in 2-3 weeks or a fort in 1 week.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Nekkma

Post#18 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:28 pm

nat3s wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:19 am I had a long conversation with some of the devs on Discord about the fact it's super easy to get cities with low pop and super hard with high pop...

Their response was that this is simply a "player issue" and EU needs to try harder. They don't currently recognise that zone locks are super easy at 5am with noone online and virtually impossible when defenders scale to 300+ in a zone. Keep/fort main doors only allow a certain number of attackers in due to collision, so offensive strength doesn't scale beyond the maybe 10 people/second you can squeeze through the funnel. Defensive strength on the other hand just keeps on scaling with every additional defender in the keep/fort. It's basically a defensive N+1 meta ala Eve Online for anyone who plays it.
Well, this was the case on live as well. You put your alarm on and had a realmwide coordinated citypush when lockout was over. Prime time city pushes very rarely happened. That's just the nature of the game.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Gibblix

Post#19 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:16 pm

There aren't any "player issues" in game developing. You can't just turn the blame on the players when your game encourages bad types of behavior. People who say it's an player issue must live in a fantasy land where all the worlds problems can go away if we just hold hands and sing kumbayaa. We are humans, not some ant colony with one single purpose.

sogeou

Post#20 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:03 pm

doky wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:29 am EU player: what is city pop?
People have so much false information. Most of the city pushes are NOT during NA time. I think EU people are confused on time zones. The russian's are the ones pushing the zones and doing cities early in the morning. Most times city happens at 1 am - 2 am EST for North America. So we are talking 8 am or 9 am for the russian's.

A lot of cities are done during early morning EU times or russian times. People can't help that it does not happen during prime EU time.