Recent Topics

Ads

For Grace WP and Sacrifice DOK

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Beara

Re: For Grace WP and Sacrifice DOK

Post#31 » Thu May 21, 2020 1:14 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:40 am Maybe change all dmg to spirit when using shield? you can then only worry about str and focus also on defensive stuff. Give both 25 % aa haste when using 2h / dualwield and maybe add the other 25 % on divine fury ?. Replace the AA haste tactic with ws+ini buff;) With that also give fanaticism 10% armour pene and the 25 % armour buff skill, replace it with some kind of reflective thing, maybe 65 feet range target 3 sec cast (can move while channel) with 8 sec coold down starting when you end the cast, that reflects half dmg back to target and half as a heal def target, add 20% slow on it for wp one, and wp dps buff needs to be double dmg cos no slow. I Played dps wp as main in live WAR so i will never stop dreaming/trying to have good ideas for these classes cos dps wp and dok is <3
DoK/WP already have AA Haste Tactics. What you're suggesting would be way OP. But if the devs are on your side, i'll gladly accept any and all buffs. All damage spiritual? No thank you. Weaponskill is defensive as well as offensive because it increases your armor pen and parry. DoK/WP don't need anymore armor. They're they heaviest armored healer already with an AOE detaunt. The reflective damage could be incorporated with the root/snare immunity soulward mirror.
Beara; Annarexia; Bellemia; Beawaaghh; Nightengale
Araeb; Beamz; Blockityblock

I'll be a douche at some point, but I'll be right about it.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#32 » Thu May 21, 2020 3:45 pm

Beara wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:14 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:40 am Maybe change all dmg to spirit when using shield? you can then only worry about str and focus also on defensive stuff. Give both 25 % aa haste when using 2h / dualwield and maybe add the other 25 % on divine fury ?. Replace the AA haste tactic with ws+ini buff;) With that also give fanaticism 10% armour pene and the 25 % armour buff skill, replace it with some kind of reflective thing, maybe 65 feet range target 3 sec cast (can move while channel) with 8 sec coold down starting when you end the cast, that reflects half dmg back to target and half as a heal def target, add 20% slow on it for wp one, and wp dps buff needs to be double dmg cos no slow. I Played dps wp as main in live WAR so i will never stop dreaming/trying to have good ideas for these classes cos dps wp and dok is <3
DoK/WP already have AA Haste Tactics. What you're suggesting would be way OP. But if the devs are on your side, i'll gladly accept any and all buffs. All damage spiritual? No thank you. Weaponskill is defensive as well as offensive because it increases your armor pen and parry. DoK/WP don't need anymore armor. They're they heaviest armored healer already with an AOE detaunt. The reflective damage could be incorporated with the root/snare immunity soulward mirror.
I know but they are tactic starved when 2h and shield also probably not much experience on that. Point of AA haste to be incorporated to other tactics that are must have, maybe put it to fanatiscm and make dps convenant give only for wp/dok and when 2h 5 % armour pene. And i actually would like to take 50% heal debuff tactic from dok away completely and replace it with something like guilty soul that heals you and makes all dmg tree and auto attack dmg 20% increase on 4 crits. And give both 10 sec healdebuff that does some dmg on start and for 6 seconds dot that does dmg every second and if you cleanse it, does aoe dmg not huge but noticable. Im just throwing some idea's around and i prefer to make some of em maybe a bit over the top but that gives idea's why they are bad or good and they can counter it with something=) Like i said i love dps dok/wp and there was very interesting class changes long time ago to dok and wp, it was stance based more i think and i know that willpower converted to str when using dps covenant/prayer, dok had 25% dmg increase and wp had 40 % i remember that. A bit much maybe i dunno i loved em but dont remember them that good, but they reverted ALL OF IT ;( Is there notes somewhere where i can read about the game and dok/wp changes and how it worked when it was applied on ror ?

That reflect idea is probably op, make it 25 % of dmg is done back to the target and 25% of that dmg heals def target. Imo all spirit dmg when using shield is good idea, you dont need ws if shield would make all dmg spirit and it's melee heal spec and dunno it's worth a try. Maybe make Transfer essence/Sigmars radiance usable on 2h/dualwield but nerf the heal part of it so dps spec cant grp heal good, but a bit like it should. I didnt say buff their armour. Divine stikr/DoK version should def have 20 feet range at least. And heal off keep doors shield and dps dok/wp only is great idea too=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Zxul

Post#33 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:34 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:45 pm Like i said i love dps dok/wp and there was very interesting class changes long time ago to dok and wp, it was stance based more i think and i know that willpower converted to str when using dps covenant/prayer, dok had 25% dmg increase and wp had 40 % i remember that. A bit much maybe i dunno i loved em but dont remember them that good, but they reverted ALL OF IT ;( Is there notes somewhere where i can read about the game and dok/wp changes and how it worked when it was applied on ror ?
As a dok player, the moment that idea got erased from RoR was one of my happiest RoR moments.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Beara

Post#34 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:07 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:34 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:45 pm Like i said i love dps dok/wp and there was very interesting class changes long time ago to dok and wp, it was stance based more i think and i know that willpower converted to str when using dps covenant/prayer, dok had 25% dmg increase and wp had 40 % i remember that. A bit much maybe i dunno i loved em but dont remember them that good, but they reverted ALL OF IT ;( Is there notes somewhere where i can read about the game and dok/wp changes and how it worked when it was applied on ror ?
As a dok player, the moment that idea got erased from RoR was one of my happiest RoR moments.
This is absolutely wrong in every way. These classes were never stance based. Willpower never converted to strength. Both had divine fury, which was 25%. Maybe if you're talking about Beta. I was a BW in the beta.

Beara

Post#35 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:20 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:45 pm
I know but they are tactic starved when 2h and shield also probably not much experience on that. Point of AA haste to be incorporated to other tactics that are must have, maybe put it to fanatiscm and make dps convenant give only for wp/dok and when 2h 5 % armour pene. And i actually would like to take 50% heal debuff tactic from dok away completely and replace it with something like guilty soul that heals you and makes all dmg tree and auto attack dmg 20% increase on 4 crits. And give both 10 sec healdebuff that does some dmg on start and for 6 seconds dot that does dmg every second and if you cleanse it, does aoe dmg not huge but noticable. Im just throwing some idea's around and i prefer to make some of em maybe a bit over the top but that gives idea's why they are bad or good and they can counter it with something=) Like i said i love dps dok/wp and there was very interesting class changes long time ago to dok and wp, it was stance based more i think and i know that willpower converted to str when using dps covenant/prayer, dok had 25% dmg increase and wp had 40 % i remember that. A bit much maybe i dunno i loved em but dont remember them that good, but they reverted ALL OF IT ;( Is there notes somewhere where i can read about the game and dok/wp changes and how it worked when it was applied on ror ?

That reflect idea is probably op, make it 25 % of dmg is done back to the target and 25% of that dmg heals def target. Imo all spirit dmg when using shield is good idea, you dont need ws if shield would make all dmg spirit and it's melee heal spec and dunno it's worth a try. Maybe make Transfer essence/Sigmars radiance usable on 2h/dualwield but nerf the heal part of it so dps spec cant grp heal good, but a bit like it should. I didnt say buff their armour. Divine stikr/DoK version should def have 20 feet range at least. And heal off keep doors shield and dps dok/wp only is great idea too=)
Of course they're tactic starved, they're healers that you're making into dps. It shouldn't be easy to do. You're not supposed to be invincible. And someone said to add an armor buff into a tactic. And I quote "With that also give fanaticism 10% armour pene and the 25 % armour buff skill," read what you wrote. Fanaticism only applies to the DoK/WP using it, so what else would that mean?

Divine Strike/Consume Essence should be 15-20ft heal range AT MOST because you can already select a target 100ft away to cast it on without having to be in LoS. So making it anymore than 20ft would break the skill IMHO and I main both WP/DOK(Usually shield).

A lot of suggestions I see are gamebreaking. WP/DOKs are already the most played healer classes due to their versatility. 2h WP/Dual DoKs aren't supposed to be able to heal. Torture/Wrath are DPS trees. They're not supposed to take the place of healers, so why should they be able to keep a group alive while being able to dps?

Most of the DoK/WP healing abilities are Spirit based minues the AOE Heal taps. Consume Essence/Divine Strike is already Spirit as well as Rend Soul

Zxul

Post#36 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:18 pm

Beara wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:07 pm
Zxul wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:34 pm
This is absolutely wrong in every way. These classes were never stance based. Willpower never converted to strength. Both had divine fury, which was 25%. Maybe if you're talking about Beta. I was a BW in the beta.
He is talking about an experimental mode implemented in ror by a certain dev, who after having a breakdown is no longer with us.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Beara

Post#37 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 pm

Wow, i must not have been here. That must have been aweful.

courtsdad1

Post#38 » Fri May 22, 2020 12:39 pm

He was asking for the world. Wow aim high I guess.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#39 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:15 pm

Dok/WP have had more time spent on them than all the other classes combined. Time to move on they were already one of the most overperforming classes integral to any party. They suffer from D&D tank wizard syndrome they cant be balanced.