Recent Topics

Ads

thunderous blow

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
jughurta69

Re: thunderous blow

Post#11 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:09 am

teiloh wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:26 am Marauder does not need anything.
which prevents him from having a real burst stun specialization like all the other mdps.
Extremely dishonest way to frame an argument. Marauder is the only class with an AOE stun, it's the most survivable MDPS, and has the highest utility of any MDPS.
You look at the numbers as they suit you. actually at the end of capi it did a lot of damage but what damage ...

in aoe it is a mass weakener, it strikes yes but it is its longevity and not the damage by attack which they are correct but not crazy.

I am against the up aoe, so yes the mara aoe correct in view of its survivability but why would it not be entitled to a specialization burst

The WL has a good aoe spec but also a huge mono spec

Ads
teiloh

Post#12 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:30 pm

The Marauder would have to trade a lot of util and survivability in order to fairly get what the other MDPS have. It's arguable that Slayers and Witch Hunters don't have much burst either.

Foofmonger

Post#13 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:19 pm

teiloh wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:52 am
Sofong wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:38 am I suggested this before, game has changed alot, with new gear and stuffs, TB nerf should be reverted
Right, Marauders got a huge and undeserved str contribution buff. The game is different indeed.
Posted a longer post - decided to walk back my rant.

No Telioh, you are wrong. That's all. It's not worth the time to debate with you.

Foofmonger

Post#14 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:30 pm

teiloh wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:30 pm The Marauder would have to trade a lot of util and survivability in order to fairly get what the other MDPS have. It's arguable that Slayers and Witch Hunters don't have much burst either.
This is wrong and delusional.

teiloh

Post#15 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:24 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:30 pm
teiloh wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:30 pm The Marauder would have to trade a lot of util and survivability in order to fairly get what the other MDPS have. It's arguable that Slayers and Witch Hunters don't have much burst either.
This is wrong and delusional.
I'd be more than pleased to see a live DPS comparison between WH and Slayers and if you want we can do a side-by-side of MDPS (or all DPS) utility/survivability and see how the Mara fares.

Foofmonger

Post#16 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:50 pm

teiloh wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:24 pm
I'd be more than pleased to see a live DPS comparison between WH and Slayers and if you want we can do a side-by-side of MDPS (or all DPS) utility/survivability and see how the Mara fares.
Edit: (as usual, I start to rant and need to calm myself)

Sounds fine to me, I'm happy to participate and/or provide any data. Tried to last time we got into this but no WL's took me up on the offer to test or provide any data. You have any ideas on how you want to go about doing this/getting the proper people to test? I did all those Marauder tests and posted all the numbers/variables, but unfortunately that thread got deleted. I did save all that information though, and can always re-run (live or not).

I'm happy to have a fact based, objective, data-driven discussion.

teiloh

Post#17 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:25 am

I do have a Witch Hunter. I've been meaning to benchmark WE/WH abilities since options are being explored on buffing them.

wildwindblows

Post#18 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:40 am

Sav/brut mara has survivability like wl (both using medium armor) but has no brust. This is unfair. Regarding to monstro spec, if you want to survive, you have to stack armor unless 200 hp regen is nothing compared to wl brust.

Ads
nat3s

Post#19 » Wed May 27, 2020 7:06 am

normanis wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:09 am destro alredy have chossen free wounds debuff and wych wounds debuff and mara wounds debuff
order need spec for it or wait 40lvl and use 2h.
p.s 3 wounds debuff vs 2
p.ss 3 pulls vs 1 good pull and 1 shitty . where is balance in this game

Conveniently missed out the 4 pounces to 1 there! Pounces being wayyyyy stronger than pulls in every regard.

Also worth adding WL pull is way better than Mara which fails around 70% of the time and is a 2s cast (WL pet pull being instant).
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

nat3s

Post#20 » Wed May 27, 2020 7:10 am

This is a bit of a non argument, Mara as Sav/Brut has less survivability than a WL as they have no KD. WL have the 1.5k armour and heal debuffs too incidentally...

I'd happily sacrifice the wounds debuff on a mara if it meant:

• Maras had an instant cast pull as reliable as the WL pet pull.
• Maras had a pounce so they didn't get kited all the damn time (another reason why Mara survivability is low)
• Maras had a 3s KD as Sav/Brut.

WL is infinitely more powerful at present in terms of 6 man and solo roaming play, you may not be at the skill level where you can recognise it, but it's true :)
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG