Recent Topics

Ads

Information deficit

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
TiberiusD

Re: Information deficit

Post#11 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:18 pm

SuperStar wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:42 am Hello

I would like to ask to put more information about the game. And reminders in-game.
I think most of the players dont read forum. They work and raise child. So they haven't got time many to learn.
A short description in game when they do something can helps a lot.

Thy
There are useful information:
1. Scerarios - when you are in loading screen you can find some info about that specific scenario
2. Dungeons - same for dungeons (kinda)

Not to mention that you have those TIPS :D some are very useful.

Ads
madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#12 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:24 pm

I think getting into a guild is essential. As a new player its not a learning curve but a learning cliff. My guild for instance is lowbie friendly is one of the premier guild on Order. If you are an order player want a decent some proper advice and help with getting gear talisman pots and linements. Then ask for an invite to Knights of Order we dont bite and may find ror a more rewarding experience.

SuperStar

Post#13 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:46 pm

I can believe you guyz. But somehow in still see a lot of player without any clue about sc dungi or game.

So the information deficit is exist.

Kaelang

Post#14 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:50 pm

The game is an MMORPG, it's meant to be social, people are meant to ask questions. We aren't choosing to blindside people, but we're also not choosing to give players every bit of information, because that's boring and leaves no real mystery to content.

If you're struggling to learn how certain things work - I'd suggest joining a guild or asking in /5.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

zak68

Post#15 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:08 pm

perhaps /advice is more appropriate.

SuperStar

Post#16 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:18 pm

I know everything very well thx coz I have lot of time and energy to learn and read.

But many of us have to got imo

Yep mystery maybe a lair boss drop.

Know the sc mechanic should be basic knowledge.
But it isn't sadly.

Imo in 21th cent. No exists mystery there are simple easy info and hard time needed info.

And these guyz haven't got time to dig the info imo.

zak68

Post#17 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:43 pm

so are you SuperStar going to complete this project wiki ?

SuperStar

Post#18 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:56 pm

zak68 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:43 pm so are you SuperStar going to complete this project wiki ?
I can but wiki cannot made by random like me.

Also imo these guyz rarely read forum or wiki.
That's why I suggested in game pop up windows with very simple and brief information.

Ads
PantasTheDank

Post#19 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:08 pm

As others have stated, you can always /5 or ask a friend, this is an mmorpg, one of its perks is socializing and learning from others
Or just read the forums, it takes less than a minute to use the search function on the forums for something you're unfamiliar with so the excuse of not having time is invalid, it'll take a similar amount of time to search something on the forum as simply asking a guildie.

Urmig

Post#20 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:24 pm

This would actually very easy to implement since the system already has part of the needed infrastructure in the form of the "Message of the day".

If a text file is added with bits of information about feature, whenever a transition is made, the client could load from it a random string to give useful information to the player.

The only hurdle would be creating it, which is mostly a matter of finding people that want to contribute and also deciding in which format this should be disseminated (example text file locally stored on the client so that if someone does not want to see it they can just wipe its content and this ends not being used).