Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Fort Respec

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
zij83

[Suggestion] Fort Respec

Post#1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Can we get trainers in front of all the forts so people can respec before going in?

Ads
Toshutkidup

Re: [Suggestion] Fort Respec

Post#2 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:21 pm

zij83 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:17 pm Can we get trainers in front of all the forts so people can respec before going in?
You already kinda already do. use a Guild Scroll, Respec then run from Main City to Fort.. can all be done in just a minute or two.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:46 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:21 pm
zij83 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:17 pm Can we get trainers in front of all the forts so people can respec before going in?
You already kinda already do. use a Guild Scroll, Respec then run from Main City to Fort.. can all be done in just a minute or two.
That only works when defending.

farng84

Post#4 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:17 pm

plus adding a career trainer at the respawn point (both atk and def) would not be that game breaking...Although I would wonder why you were running a different build for keep, that's not that different from fort

nebelwerfer

Post#5 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:17 pm

Yes, it's very necessary to get a high level of play to allow people to slot their funnel buster builds in Fort. For defenders as much as attackers. Having trainers in both camps for the duration of stage 1 and 2 seems like a good quality of life change to me.

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:46 pm

There used to be but then it was removed.

@Farng84. It depends on the class. Some classes (especially when playing pug) probably dont need to slot M4s from the trees. Also depends on level/rr.

Slayer for instance doesn't always have the points to bring normal AoE build + Doomseeker and it would be a QoL improvement to be able to change into a morale focused spec at the fort and not necessarily have to gimp your AoE build in the zone before in anticipation of need M4 morale drops in forts.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Starx

Post#7 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:59 pm

Removal of anywhere trainer was iir because of 6v6 ranked, and everyone in the 6v6 community at the time though the change was bad. I guess the reasoning was that they didnt want people to be able to change spec on the fly to deal with situations and you had to commit to whatever you qued up with, which I think is completely flawed thinking in the first place.

Ideally we would see a return of anywhere trainer, or better yet a dual spec system. This game is really showing its age on the QoL front but im not sure if there is any priority on the teams part to deal with that. The only thing in recent memory is war report, which was an extremely nice addition to the game.

And actually does anyone want to come out and defend the change to anywhere trainer? Id really like to hear that one. Maybe there some classic wow purist tier argument about having weight to spec choice?

Naelar

Post#8 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:18 pm

Bring a character to Eataine, Caledor, etc., that you want to bring to fort. Problem solved.

Ads
ChicagoJoe

Post#9 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:50 pm

I this may be more effective at progressing fortresses for destro than reducing total players admitted.

Reduction in 2H tanks and adding pulls for maguses probably solve the problems without limiting participation. Maybe require someone to claim the fortress and level it up, or a carry-over from last keep.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:26 pm

Starx wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:59 pm
And actually does anyone want to come out and defend the change to anywhere trainer? Id really like to hear that one. Maybe there some classic wow purist tier argument about having weight to spec choice?
It was essentially a hack that took advantage of code that wasn't making checks as to whether or not a trainer/vendor/flightmaster existed. At the same time we implemented a whole lot of other checks so people weren't able to access interfaces that weren't actually available to them.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog