Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Time QoL

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
sgtnanners

Fort Time QoL

Post#1 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:56 am

My suggestion is in stage 2/3 of forts you reduce the timer to 35 minutes down from 45 minutes, but once you reach certain % on fort Lord, that lost time is added back. For example, you get lord to 75% then 5 minutes is added to stage clock and at 50% another 5 minutes is added. Fort Lords take approximately 6-12 minutes to kill so a lot of people give up on the attack of a fort when the timer is less than 10 minutes. Everyone is aware of that awkward period at the tail end of a clearly failing fort where destro or order idle at the jail because there is no time left to kill the lord. This change would keep people engaged and willing to fight their way into the room all the way until 0 minutes because if they get onto the lord, then time can be added back by reaching health thresholds. The total time should be the same @ 45 minutes so I think 35 + 5 + 5 (40%/70%) or maybe 30 + 5 + 5 + 5 (25%/50%/75) would be good intervals to have. I don't know if that is at all implementable but I think it is a way to ramp up forts and get people trying till the last second.

I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in Proposal category as those seemed mainly focused on class changes/balances.
84 Sorc
82 Squig Herder
7x Shaman
7x Ironbreaker

Ads