Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Camouflage ability.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Spyked1106

Re: [SW] Camouflage ability.

Post#11 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:26 am

stop doing **** thread like that
be smart
ty

Ads
PlagueMonk

Post#12 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:46 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:10 pm stealth class with 100ft attack range, clearly balanced

Ask yourself, does SW really need more tools (lol no), more dmg (lol no) or does Order need even more rdps player (lol no)?

But considering they gave WE pounce (lol no wtf), there is a realistic chance devs might just give SW stealth...
I really like the idea and think it would add a new dimension to RvR, giving something ELSE to the opposite side is the problem. Plus you know if they only gave the SW this, Dest would throw a temper tantrum about it.

I say give it to the SH as well but at the same time a couple things need to be removed from the class to compensate (yes, more than one thing since this is a pretty big ability and SH we all know have been given too much already)

Kragg

Post#13 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:52 pm

I would like it on my engineer. Call it Dwarf Ranger and make it a tactic :D
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Grock

Post#14 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:17 pm

SH/SW defiitely don't need more tools at this point, at least until everyone else is brought up to their level.

That said though I'd love to have some sort of stealth available to everyone to be honst. Maybe a pocket item or a potion. To make it possible to roam the lakes as solo/smallscale withotu being ran over by full groups and warbands

Obviously would have to be balanced somehow, something like long cast time to limit in-combat use, a delay between leaving stealth and being ableto attack to mitigate the ambush effect, especially for ranged snipers like engi/magus and sh/sw, a high detection change at close range, etc

Genuinely the best thing would be moba-like bushes everywhere :)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#15 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:37 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:10 pm stealth class with 100ft attack range, clearly balanced
DAOC players probably want to get some words with you

mryay

Post#16 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:49 pm

Krima wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:12 am Since witch elfs got pounce
I wouldnt be surprised if SW get something like a Kamehameha
This one made me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the idea, of course, I proposed also the same at the time of Age of Reckoning. But when I realize where the balance change was focused on, I quickly abandoned all hope.
But this is Return of Reckoning, and devs can make our dreams come true (as long as they make sense).

One step at a time. Make the SW on par with SH's CC and survival tools (can my SW eat chicken too?)

Then we get stationary stealth to increase the depth of RVR (or just have a good laugh). Or make a simple change to shadow step, as proposed here: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=43192

Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)