[Sorc/BW] Sorc single target >> BW single target

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Caduceus

Re: [Sorc/BW] Sorc single target >> BW single target

Post#31 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:32 am

balvor877 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:56 am

Yeah, that's exactly what they are doing. No discussion possible. Only sh*t posting, memes, personal attacks, l2p, detaunt, rampage op...

That's their strategy to get threads locked and it works. It's always the same few destro trolls.

This is nonsense.

Numerous posts pointed out you've presented incorrect data. By doing so you're confirming suspicions that you know very little about Sorc (and dare I say BW also).

Here is another example of a false statement by you:

balvor877 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:51 pm

Swell of Gloom and Funnel Power is not the same though. High base damage numbers are way better to get high crits and therefore more damage.

Swell of Gloom does not increase the base damage of Gloomburst, nor can Swell of Gloom crit.

Sharing false information, coupled with wild statements like this:

balvor877 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:56 am

Back to the topic: single target damage is what kills people. Aoe ist just fluff.

What were you expecting, honestly?

If you want to be taken seriously, do serious research first.

Cheers,

- Caduceus
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
balvor877
Suspended

Post#32 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:48 am

Lorsten wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:25 am Sorc ST is better and easier to actually perform (since like......forever?). BW ST is worse, but still good enough to timestump unguarded targets who didnt pay attention to their debuffs. BW has more utility in st build, like compensation to weaker ST damage.
Doesnt it seem fairly balanced? Sure you want easier burst like sorc has, but are you ready to give away some utility for it?
Both sorc and bw rotations can be easily defended against. To actually kill anyone who can see BB/WOP on him you need a pocket heal and tank who will punt ppl for undefendable timestamps.
I play both, i like both, i have no problems killing unguarded puggies with sorc or BW, and both classes are struggling against anything organized.
Yeah, but close quarter BWs, bombing, AOE was once a thing. That stuff got nerfed long ago and yeah, it was overpowered. So basically the BW advantage got crippled while the Sorc kept their ST advantages.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#33 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:10 am

Likeaboss wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:22 am I don't understand the aggression in this Thread...
He does have any rigth to bring up his point of view and instead of talk about it with facts, people just start shitposting.

FACTS?? yo mean missinformation?? the initial post was showing wrong rotation for both classes and missing abilities...and not mentioning clear advantages of BW (even in ST burst) really i cant say if op did this on purpose or by ignorance (probably the second since he dont play eny of both classes that hes trying "to balance").

Starting a suggestion thread about classes that you dont play, showing wrong information is a easy way to fool yourself...only the order-forum warriors with multi-fake-accounts could agree this guy...

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#34 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:33 am

balvor877 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:31 pm - Stop, drop, roll: instant ELEMENTAL damage with 3s knock down, 20s cooldown (NO sorc mirror)

What they can use is Stop, drop, roll but it is ELEMENTAL and on a 20s cooldown
Another FUN FACT => how you totally underrate the 3 secs RKD//100 ft range// INSTA CAST

But, SOMEHOW, you feel that the sh RKD was totally OP and " has to go" (lets remember that sh RKD is 65 ft and 1 sec cast):

viewtopic.php?t=43222

And the ranged heal debuff?? where is the BW heal debuff in your "balance proposal"??

What a fcking joke...

wachlarz

Post#35 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:44 am

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:33 am
balvor877 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:31 pm - Stop, drop, roll: instant ELEMENTAL damage with 3s knock down, 20s cooldown (NO sorc mirror)

Another FUN FACT => how you totally underrate the 3 secs RKD//100 ft range// INSTA CAST

But, SOMEHOW, you feel that the sh RKD was totally OP and " has to go" (lets remember that sh RKD is 65 ft and 1 sec cast):

viewtopic.php?t=43222

And the ranged heal debuff?? where is the BW heal debuff in your "balance proposal"??

What a fcking joke...
New topic: ranged instant 100 ft 3 sec knockdown its to OP and need To go. 🤣

Master plan backfired 🤔

balvor877
Suspended

Post#36 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:03 am

viewtopic.php?t=43222

What a fcking joke...
Stop, drop, roll is deep in the tree you would miss all the good stuff in the other trees when you take it.

What does SH miss when he takes it? Nothing. Does he hurt himself while doing damage? Does BW/Sorc have a pet with frenzy and moral 1 boost? Do they have various escape abilities like Sticky Squigs and Run Away! for charging or escaping? Do they have squig armor? Do they have finishers when the target is low on health? Do they have to build up combustion first to do any real damage? I mean are you serious? That was not even a full list of what tools they have. SHs are eating BWs alive. With SH I knock the BW down, then silence him and before he can do anything he is dead. A frenzied m1 pet kills a BW alone. I can go get some coffee in the meanwhile.

This thread is not about SHs though...

PS: The only reason the frenzied m1 pet got not nerfed yet is that most people dont know yet how strong it is. But some of them already saw the posts here in the forum and are now starting to use it. Yesterday I had a SC with two SHs and they were using it whenever it was ready. Just a matter of time before the nerf bat is gonna strike here.
Last edited by balvor877 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#37 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:14 am

balvor877 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:03 am

viewtopic.php?t=43222

What a fcking joke...
Stop, drop, roll is deep in the tree you would miss all the good stuff in the other trees when you take it.
What you miss?? could post your build ?

Neverever

Post#38 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:46 am

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:14 am

viewtopic.php?t=43222

What a fcking joke...
He is the embodiment of order bias. Teiloh and Balvor just keep trollposting where they keep constantly asking nerfs for destro classes and buffs for order ones. They are ignorant and blinded by bias. Hmm, let's see what SH misses by taking 2sc 65ft ranged KD -- well actually nothing since big shooting tree is probably the most useless tree in game... So yes BW misses a lot since it has 3 good and working trees for different playstyles. Poor BW-- Spoiled SH... tut tut tut !!! Here is a useful quote from Mark Twain :

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Ads
Lorsten

Post#39 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:53 am

balvor877 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:48 am
Lorsten wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:25 am Sorc ST is better and easier to actually perform (since like......forever?). BW ST is worse, but still good enough to timestump unguarded targets who didnt pay attention to their debuffs. BW has more utility in st build, like compensation to weaker ST damage.
Doesnt it seem fairly balanced? Sure you want easier burst like sorc has, but are you ready to give away some utility for it?
Both sorc and bw rotations can be easily defended against. To actually kill anyone who can see BB/WOP on him you need a pocket heal and tank who will punt ppl for undefendable timestamps.
I play both, i like both, i have no problems killing unguarded puggies with sorc or BW, and both classes are struggling against anything organized.
Yeah, but close quarter BWs, bombing, AOE was once a thing. That stuff got nerfed long ago and yeah, it was overpowered. So basically the BW advantage got crippled while the Sorc kept their ST advantages.
Even without CQ, BW aoe dmg is superior to sorc, and its been like this for very long time. You seem to struggle with the current state of BW and Sorc, so im not sure what you trying to achieve here... Sure ppl overreact to your initial post, but honestly you doesnt seem to have much of experience of playing Sorc and BW... No offence

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#40 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:54 am

Neverever wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:46 am
emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:14 am
He is the embodiment of order bias. Teiloh and Balvor just keep trollposting where they keep constantly asking nerfs for destro classes and buffs for order ones. They are ignorant and blinded by bias.
I know, really i was a bit dissopointed they not were ones of the Gurf´s fake-accounts...LMAO

Im still waiting to him post his build...sure he will need some time to check in forum or ask to Zarbix (his balance hero) for a BW build, since he has 0 clue about BW...