Recent Topics

Ads

Low numbers quing for city.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Detangler

Re: Low numbers quing for city.

Post#31 » Tue May 17, 2022 5:15 am

billyk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:05 am
Detangler wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:40 pm What I really want to know is why Order is suddenly massively dominating cities. what happened to the years of destro dominance winning cities 60-80% of the time? what game mechanics were buffed/nerfed so that one side is now winning city instances 8-1?
nb ban
pug vs premade reworked
Nerfed Buttons affects both sides.

What exactly was reworked in pug v premade cities? Did they finally stop letting 24 mans go against 24 pugs? Cause I know that was a huge reason why Destro won so many cities. sorry i was away for a few months and may have missed a patch note or two. Unlike the sentiment of some who post on this forum, I am genuinely curious as to how the pendulum has swung so far in so short a time.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Earthcake

Post#32 » Tue May 17, 2022 5:46 am

Detangler wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:15 am
billyk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:05 am
Detangler wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:40 pm
What exactly was reworked in pug v premade cities? Did they finally stop letting 24 mans go against 24 pugs? Cause I know that was a huge reason why Destro won so many cities. sorry i was away for a few months and may have missed a patch note or two. Unlike the sentiment of some who post on this forum, I am genuinely curious as to how the pendulum has swung so far in so short a time.
I also took a long break and came back about 2 weeks ago.

Before leaving i had a hard time finding a group outside of guild on order side, noone would organise or group and just solo yolo crap.
Would always rush through weekend events in no time on destro side, and struggled a lot on order.

Now it s the exact opposite...

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#33 » Tue May 17, 2022 7:00 am

what's NB?

Kpi

Post#34 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:59 am

rejndjer wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:00 amwhat's NB?
The best add-on of the game, now only a few people can use it getting a great advantage over the rest of players
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

tazdingo

Post#35 » Tue May 17, 2022 11:13 am

it used to be the case that des had the best prems and order the best pugs but this has totally flipped. now des is extremely pub/casual friendly whilst order is mostly prems. last night order had like 5 people defending kv and no open wbs past midnight eu, but we were winning most scs. idk why it flipped

Ekundu01

Post#36 » Tue May 17, 2022 2:15 pm

City has low population for a number of reasons. The time it happens is a huge factor in how many participate. Rewards for city is a big factor as well. As seen in the lakes the majority of players are not making organized warbands but are just mostly pug players that join open warbands that don't usually have the most optimal comps. But for orvr if your side has the higher population you can usually get away with this type of playstyle.

If you are doing the open warband thing in orvr and don't have a solid group to play with in city there is a high probability you are going to end up in a losing city or no city at all. If your side is winning in orvr you will end up with more crests in orvr vs sitting in a losing city for over an hour and probably get way more renown too. Since we have zones that are always active there is no interrupt in having 0 orvr zones open so some players just decide to stay in the lakes instead of wasting time to que to possibly not get in or get in a losing city when they could of just stayed in the lakes.

Bottom line it is rewards.

The majority of players go the path of least resistance it has been this way for a long time. Unless someone is bringing a full bis toon to city they are looking to get some sort of reward/progression out of it for the class they are playing. The exact same thing happened when they changed Ranked rewards at the very start of when ranked came out. When you got 20+ medals for wins and like 10 for a loss we had a ton of people doing ranked (before currency change). The rewards were nerfed for the losing side and the population died for ranked over night. I am using ranked for an example because that catered to solo queing vs city that requires people to actually socialize and group up. It is no wonder no one wants to do city at this point if they can just continue to run in a zerg in orvr what is the point in doing city?
Trismack

Shanell

Post#37 » Tue May 17, 2022 4:48 pm

billyk wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:59 am You have to keep in mind Destro are all griefers. Pushing city then not queuing is exactly their style. Reason? No reason, they just do it to get on your nerves.
That is tru I play destro just to grief order and when I play order I am angry (grrrrr) at destro griefers.
Can I get a melee engi build?
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

zgolec

Post#38 » Tue May 17, 2022 9:40 pm

With nerfed rewards for cities low que is understendable :P

In time you sit i city you can easy lock 1-2 zones with better rewards ;p
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
termofor

Post#39 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:25 am

The problem is that this angry organized order 6/12 mans that did not get to City go for ORvR, and wipe that destro that wanted to go this "path with less resistance". But for sure they should rethink lower rewards for City loss.
Siram - Warrior Priest 80+
Grimnirson - Ironbreaker 80+
Siekierezada - White Lion 80+
Byebye - Black Guard 70+
Sirram - Disciple of Khaine 60+

oilpourer
Suspended

Post#40 » Fri May 20, 2022 12:28 pm

zgolec wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:40 pm With nerfed rewards for cities low que is understendable :P

In time you sit i city you can easy lock 1-2 zones with better rewards ;p