Recent Topics

Ads

[SUGGESTION] Emblems bound to account

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: [SUGGESTION] Emblems bound to account

Post#41 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:49 am

Almost 7 years worth of necromancy, you are such a powerful spellcrafter.

I can't see why the stance on this should have shifted.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Talladego

Post#42 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:06 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:49 am Almost 7 years worth of necromancy, you are such a powerful spellcrafter.
Well, some old arguments may still be valid and some may not.
By now most people playing the game are veterans that have played for years and have one or more high RR toon already.
Personally I don't care too much about gear but play whatever toon I feel like playing.
Unfortunately that means my gear progression slows down though which with today's gear gap is kinda bad.
Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:49 am I can't see why the stance on this should have shifted.
Basically I think it would be good for the server population.

Inactive people with only one toon and tons of crests might start play more if the time they already invested in the game was rewarded on another toon.
Or people (like me) with tons of alts and crests all over the place could actually focus on one toon and gear it up properly.
Either way the crests have been earned by playing the game so I don't see what the problem is with allowing more ways to use them.

It would also make it easier to join a warband with whatever toon is needed at the time and still feel you make progress.

That some people would use their BiS toons to farm crests for lowbie alts seems far fetched, you still need the RR and besides BiS players farming lowbies is already happening as it is so even if they did what would really change?

Ashoris

Post#43 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:52 pm

actually this would probably help the whole server.

this game is centered around 2/2/2 grp composition while the class distribution is 3/6/3 if you not forced to play a specific archetype to gear it but allowed to switch to one of the needed archetypes that would help the overall expreience.
It could possibly even reduce the GAP between stomping premades (who run a good setup anyway) and the hordes of people who PUG Play to equip their next toon.

The fear of the premades that use their best toons is not really something i understand ... "The feared Premades" run a good setup anyway and for them nothing changes .... but the casual Group would greatly benefit from someone saying ok i dont have to play my "insert random dps class" rn ... i can log on something more useful for the grp and transfer the crests
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ashoris

Post#44 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:58 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:49 am Almost 7 years worth of necromancy, you are such a powerful spellcrafter.

I can :) There is a huge difference in gear progression between 2015 and 2022 :).
A fresh alt in 2015 was competitive way faster and the overall difference between beginner gear and BiS gear was much smaller !

WaR -dead-

Sulorie

Post#45 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:40 pm

Ashoris wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:58 pm

I can :) There is a huge difference in gear progression between 2015 and 2022 :).
A fresh alt in 2015 was competitive way faster and the overall difference between beginner gear and BiS gear was much smaller !
Ofc this was different but why would we allow players to bring their BiS chars into the lakes or SC to farm crests for their twinks? It will raise the numbers of high geared players and makes it more difficult for new players, who will face a higher percentage of strong enemies.

Don't get me wrong, exchanging crests between chars would allow me to buy several ranked jewels to complete 4pc but I think it wouldn't be positive on a bigger picture.
Dying is no option.

Ashoris

Post#46 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:57 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:40 pm
Ashoris wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:58 pm

Ofc this was different but why would we allow players to bring their BiS chars into the lakes or SC to farm crests for their twinks? It will raise the numbers of high geared players and makes it more difficult for new players, who will face a higher percentage of strong enemies.

Don't get me wrong, exchanging crests between chars would allow me to buy several ranked jewels to complete 4pc but I think it wouldn't be positive on a bigger picture.
like i said in another post it would solve the Warhammer Online inherent Problem of having a grp meta of 2/2/2 while at the same time having a class distribution of 3/6/3 .... this does not hurt organized or premade Players, they run 2/2/2 anyways. but mostly the unorganized PuG Players.

So give them the chance to play with the better suited chars even when they want to equip an alt would just close the gap between PuGs and premades.

Your new Players point is valid tho :) but they are fked anyway .... (since invader / SoV gear is existing)

WaR -dead-

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#47 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:57 pm

We don't have any problem if you open create a new thread and discuss the same topic again. Necromancy is simply not welcomed because it makes the context irrelevant.

Someone even quoted Wargrimnir from 7 years ago... Just create a new thread already nobody will stop you from discussing anything you want, with respect to this era though.