Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario/Objective flags!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Reesh

Scenario/Objective flags!

Post#1 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:24 am

Since the day one that case is making me crazy. It's an issue for either melee or ranged classes and i see it being abused by more and more players. I'm describing it, because it differs a lot from what it was on the official WAR servers.

Core of the problem is the not working as intented range and line of sight system, but i'll get to that later.

So... Scenario flags.
You can't target an enemy (by clicking on them) directly behind the flag, it's like they're in the black hole. On the off servers you could target the flag itself, and players behind them without much of an effort.

The problem rises, when we add to it how the range and line of sight system is implemented.
Currently, as it has been already said and observed by quite a few players, whenever the player you're targeting and casting at him anything, goes around the corner, steps back just out of the maximum range of an ability, or, for a split second steps behind a flag, or just runs through it, casting of the spell/ability immidiately stops.

Because of this huge issue and abusement of it, players have developed mainly melee premades. With abilities that are instant cast there isn't a problem.

To counter it up, as I do remember, on Off Servers, if the casting bar of an ability was above 2/3 or 3/4 of the lenght of the bar, lets say |--------+--| here, it didn't matter if the target ran behind a tree or out of range of an ability, it was a successful cast anyway and everything ran smooth.

Overall tell me what you think? Maybe you like the range and line of sight system as it is at this moment?

Ads
ostrogoth182

Re: Scenario/Objective flags!

Post#2 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:09 pm

Press tab to target instead of trying to click on them

bumik

Post#3 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:10 pm

Tab doesn't help in long range.

Aceboltz

Post#4 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Yes I have this problem too when I'm playing sorcerer, really annoying in GoE middle flag right? ;)
It may also be a problem for healer using casted direct heal on a melee running aroung the flag.
There is no real way to counter it, melees have a better time fighting around flags atm.

paps

Post#5 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Reesh wrote:
To counter it up, as I do remember, on Off Servers, if the casting bar of an ability was above 2/3 or 3/4 of the lenght of the bar, lets say |--------+--| here, it didn't matter if the target ran behind a tree or out of range of an ability, it was a successful cast anyway and everything ran smooth.

Overall tell me what you think? Maybe you like the range and line of sight system as it is at this moment?
This is why i dont play much my BW even when i play i play with DOT :D
And think i red this allrdy in other topic and devs know about it ... it is need time for them to find solution to problem ...
God Forgives... I don't!
Gru - Bright Wizard
Plissken - Slayer
Immovable - Ironbreaker
Magtheridon - Shadow Warrior
Luuca wrote:... you forgot that in RoR, you must jump every seconds to exaggerate the Melee Distance Bug.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:19 pm

Aceboltz wrote:Yes I have this problem too when I'm playing sorcerer, really annoying in GoE middle flag right? ;)
It may also be a problem for healer using casted direct heal on a melee running aroung the flag.
There is no real way to counter it, melees have a better time fighting around flags atm.
I don't understand why a flagpole would block line of sight, unless you're an elf maybe.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Reesh

Post#7 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:36 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Aceboltz wrote:Yes I have this problem too when I'm playing sorcerer, really annoying in GoE middle flag right? ;)
I don't understand why a flagpole would block line of sight, unless you're an elf maybe.
Unfortunately it does.

Dana
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:49 pm

Reesh wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
Unfortunately it does.
Done in next.

I will remember it :twisted:
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

Ads