Recent Topics

Ads

Dok/wp gear issue

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
altharion1
Banned

Re: Dok/wp gear issue

Post#21 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:19 am

Rydiak wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:11 am
altharion1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:04 am Give up on melee healing, its fundamentally flawed as concept.
False!
Tell me why it’s false
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Ads
Rydiak

Post#22 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:20 am

altharion1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:19 am
altharion1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:04 am Give up on melee healing, its fundamentally flawed as concept.
False!
Tell me why it’s false
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=30627
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

altharion1
Banned

Post#23 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:35 am

Rydiak wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:20 am
altharion1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:19 am

False!
Tell me why it’s false
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=30627
Dunno what that post is supposed to prove. I could write a giant wall of text on a how to play an engi in melee stacking strength and melee crit for spanner hits.

Doesn’t mean it’s conceptially viable.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#24 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:12 am

Grunbag wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:04 pm Not talking about the mixed stats , but what is bad for a melee healer to have any melee bonus tied to a heal spec ?
You are probably one of the devs I respect the most so don't take offense but....that sounded like a riddle

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#25 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:26 am

What I meant is the career was originally meant to be melee healer (medium armor , small range attack) where the 2 other healers were clearly ranged (light armor and 100fr range attack with staff). I am not telling you that the shield spec is the best, I like diversity so maybe we can try to understand what makes a melee healer not viable actually instead of trying to turn all healer to ranged career ? Not going to do any revamp just trying to understand
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#26 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:40 am

Grunbag wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:26 am What I meant is the career was originally meant to be melee healer (medium armor , small range attack) where the 2 other healers were clearly ranged (light armor and 100fr range attack with staff). I am not telling you that the shield spec is the best, I like diversity so maybe we can try to understand what makes a melee healer not viable actually instead of trying to turn all healer to ranged career ? Not going to do any revamp just trying to understand
Thank you for clarifying and thank you for opening up the discussion.

The issue with melee healing is not being able to heal when there is no one to hit. Easy fix would be to add soul essence gain with a shield..maybe 4 per second. The second I don't have an answer for. But maybe reduce the healing done to 10 percent on the DMG increase tactics.

Doing this would than maybe make the sets make sense in a weird way. But it creates a bigger issue when creating sets. Before there was a 50 percent chance that the gear would be relavant to someone's play style it was heal or dps. Now it's a 33.3 percent chance. Heal, mdps, or melee heal.

Also before all these changes there was a viable dps heal spec that people could use that was just as good.

I think it's great that the devs are trying new things. But idk not having relevant sets really is discouraging. In the end I just want these sets to be viable for the heal ones to be heals and the dps to be dps. I can give you a list of all the pieces and sets that have a mix set

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#27 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:53 am

Maybe something similar to oathfriend would have been good , if you are within 30 feet of you defensive target , anytime he’s hit you gain X ressources .

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#28 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:21 am

My 5 cents on matter - melee healing is not strugling with resources from my perspective. You have essence lash, you have all lifetaps regenerating you ressource, you even have tactic to regain ressource if you are hit.
What melee healing lacks - is AP. As sad as it is you have to mash lifetaps by CD to have decent lifetap heal, yes you can time it, yes you can get AP regen gear, but in the end as melee healing is very AP reliant sooner or later you will find yourself in the middle of the fight with no AP and double AP pot on cooldown and than you are dead weight to group. Either set bonus or tactic with AP regen could have solved it all (looking at you, Invader tank set bonus).

On subject of sets overall - it was already said - I feel that making universal sets that can fit both DPS and Melee heal spec would have been better idea. Like Sentinel, with exception of block bonus on helmet and on one of set bonuses could be a solid DPS set for surviving longer.

Addition1: I can even see mixed Willpower and STR on set as good thing (for spec with no divinef fury/murderous intent) when you have ~12 points invested in Sacrifice and RItes trees, so you can perform as combination of ranged and melee heal. But in this case values should be looked at, as right now sets with two "ability" stats lack stats that helps you survive longer :)

Edit2 - grammar.
Last edited by Rockalypse on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
wachlarz

Post#29 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:22 am

Grunbag wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:53 am Maybe something similar to oathfriend would have been good , if you are within 30 feet of you defensive target , anytime he’s hit you gain X ressources .
Good idea

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#30 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:29 am

What would be better to test ? AP regen on block or ressource gain in block ?