Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Slapshot

Re: [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

Post#21 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:54 pm

First- I think the event created excitement and visibility for the project which is more important than anything else IMHO. That said here is my feedback:

1. Rewards:
- Where the rewards fair? Not sure what fairness means in an RNG world. My Discord friends streamed at least 400 hours and nobody got what we would consider the “good” RNG.
- Is the RNG fair? We're taking about intended rare rewards. I would say not based on the above. I would almost reverse it and give many more smaller rewards to RNG and then supplement those with really cool rewards at set times (x hours watching).
- Would a Bind on Pickup (BoP) system suit you for the rewards? They won't be sellable anymore and you might get stuck with them. To me it doesn’t matter much.
- Extra: Please give some sort of description to the rewards in the claim screen so we don’t claim it on a character that can’t use it or can use it but another would be better.

2. Hours required:
- Where the hours required fair? For the set times they were fine but the RNG was so low that most people put in far more than 40 hours and not nothing extra. I probably hit 65 hours on mine and didn’t get a drop after 40
- Which method pleased you more: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers? Any... because sometimes streamers logged off and we had to switch.

3. Quests:
- Were the quests engaging/new/challenging? Honestly not really. Dueling is just not something anyone I know enjoys. Also, some of the scenario goals (kill x people at this BO) created incentive for poor play as folks didn’t care if they win or lose, just get kills at a certain spot.
- Were the quests' rewards fair? Yes.
- Were the quests too long/too short? Randomness of teams can make that vary greatly. On one character it took me 5 times longer than on another.

4. Streamers:
- Do you think there were a lot of streamers? Is it bad/good? Number was OK
- Was the streamer's quest item annoying? I think it would be better to eat them Steam and not involve in quests.
- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names)? No
- Have you watched more than one streamer?Yes
- Have you met new streamers?Yes

Again- thanks for this event and also all the work that goes into providing an awesome and FREE experience!

Ads
Martok

Post#22 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:58 pm

As one of the streamers I have a few additional comments I will send along the PM chain. As a player:

1. Rewards:
- Where the rewards fair?
- Is the RNG fair? We're taking about intended rare rewards.
- Would a Bind on Pickup (BoP) system suit you for the rewards? They won't be sellable anymore and you might get stuck with them.

The rewards were fine. I mean the Aviator Goggles seemed to be a perennial favorite so perhaps render those more proliferate a drop. I was a little upset the drops did not include the BFG-9000, but beyond that no complaints.

I support the BoE construct.

2. Hours required:
- Where the hours required fair?
- Which method pleased you more: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers?

On Friday I tried to bounce around a bit and watch some other streamers. It seemed the appropriate thing to do, attempt to provide support for a number of different people. Given the number of hours required on one stream that does become impractical, so for the remainder of the weekend I stayed on one channel.

4. Streamers:
- Do you think there were a lot of streamers? Is it bad/good?

There were many streamers, but if the question is were there too many I would say no.

- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names)?

That is the beauty of having multiple streams running, if you have an issue with one guy just go somewhere else. I am not saying I have an issue with any particular streamer, and I am not not saying that, I am just saying embracing multiple streams provided by multiple streamers negates the issue.

- Have you watched more than one streamer?

Yeah. Plus Netflix has Cobra Kai, so...

- Have you met new streamers?

Sounds like a lead-in for a commercial for something like Farmers Only dot Com. But again I tried to make the rounds and saw a couple of guys I hadn't before. Maybe next time Tosh will join in and we can run solo together.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

wanna993

Post#23 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:00 pm

1. Rewards:
->Yeah
-> Hard to say, watched for 20+ hours and got the scenario quest
- Would a Bind on Pickup (BoP) system suit you for the rewards? They won't be sellable anymore and you might get stuck with them.
->I'm down for BoP. Maybe a mix of BoP and BoE? Don't know if Bind on Account can be a thing.

2. Hours required:
-> No, the hours were frankly way too high for a 3 day event. Asking to have streams on for 13hours/day for the max rewards is a bit ridiculous. even during a whole week that would be 4+hours/day. All it does is afk the streams and inflate their numbers.
-Which method pleased you more: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers?
->Multiple for practical reasons. Some streamers q'd the sc's with viewers which was nice.

3. Quests:
- Were the quests engaging/new/challenging?
->The sc one was just nice to have. Have the progress shared was ridiculous as you'd complete it with a premade after every game.
- Were the quests' rewards fair?
->Yeah
- Were the quests too long/too short?
-> Sc one was too short if in a premade. Just make it non shared progress imo.

Overall interesting event with lots of freebies, so thanks for doing and organizing it!

Killham

Post#24 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:14 pm

Rewards much more worthless than in 1st time drops, 3 blue tali on 18teen stats - this drop cost like 5g worth on auctionhouse. 2 stack of 1.5k hp pots - like 30 silver cost. Only 1 guild coin drop even if in discribe was "guild coinS". And no aviator googles for like more than 45h watching streams. Im sorry, but this was absolutely frustrating useless spend of internet traffic and electricity.

lyncher12

Post#25 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:23 pm

Killham wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:14 pm Rewards much more worthless than in 1st time drops, 3 blue tali on 18teen stats - this drop cost like 5g worth on auctionhouse. 2 stack of 1.5k hp pots - like 30 silver cost. Only 1 guild coin drop even if in discribe was "guild coinS". And no aviator googles for like more than 45h watching streams. Im sorry, but this was absolutely frustrating useless spend of internet traffic and electricity.
Yes, the 40 hour reward should have just been aviator goggles. Its for one character only unlike when it was event reward so what is the big deal? I left my computer on all weekend with twitch open to get 23 gold in rewards.

Synora

Post#26 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:37 pm

1. Rewards:
Yes and no. The armor pots and talismans were too low for level 40s, but I guess they are fine for new players. Maybe the devs didn't want to impact the economy too much, but I think items relevant for level 40s would be most fair because you can scale back the quantity. I'd take ten (10) 660 armor pots and be happy with that.

- Is the RNG fair? We're talking about intended rare rewards.
Personally, yes because I think the Goggles don't look that cool and are totally overrated. But it seems a lot of people are butt-hurt over not getting them; pretty silly thing to be mad about. I got the guild coin(s) so I won't complain about free. The random 100g is not fair, imo. I would trade my one guild coin for 100g instantly. Maybe more frequent rate, but lower value items/cosmetic items because that makes it "more fun."

Yes, I like the BoP rewards. No issue with that

2. Hours required:
I think so. I don't see an issue with leaving a stream up in the background (that's mostly what I do anyway) so the hours accumulated pretty quickly. I can see how 40 hours (in a window of 72 hours) might be a little long for some people though.

- Which method pleased you more: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers?
I prefer watching multiple streamers as I usually bounce around between 2-4 streamers. It was cool seeing new streamers and new faces, for sure. I also love how the RoR community kept raiding other RoR streamers to keep the drops going.

3. Quests:
The short quest was hardly a challenge, but super convenient for those grinding Conqueror Emblems (especially during an event)
The long quest was engaging for sure, but the rewards were hardly worth it for a veteran player.

Short quest - yes
Long quest - no, maybe for a new player but mostly no. Too much time for just one piece of gear that's only good for new level 40s. Trading duel wins is not exciting (there are better ways to showcase the arena!) The PvE aspect was okay and fun, but the rewards (for how long the quest line was and you need a streamer) were hardly worth it. I suppose it's okay for the new player. If it was just like a tank 'n spank 6 man hero quest or something, that would have at least been fun.

The length of each quest seemed fine, but again, the rewards for the long quest were not worth the time. I think even a fun temporary cosmetic item would have been better than the rare fortune piece.

4. Streamers:
I thought the increased number of streamers was awesome! Variety is a good thing.

- Was the streamer's quest item annoying?
Yes.

I personally do not like one of the more popular streamers, so I simply don't watch their stream. But I thought it was unfair how they got leaked drop info and used it to gather even more viewers. It's not fair to the lower viewer-count streamers (with arguably better content) and streamers in other time zones. Hearing something like, "If I get X amount of viewers, I will announce the leaked drop info that's straight from the devs" from that streamer was really not cool. Had that info been made available to all drop-enabled streamers, that would have been fair. Sorry if that singles out the streamer. Or maybe it was a farce (for more viewers) in which case shame on them.

Yes.

Yes, and I hope to be checking them out more later!
Synora 84 SM | Synoraa 80 WP | Evilsynora 80 DoK
Darkethe 72 Chosen | Groolgobbla 64 Sham | Medikareforall 58 Zeal | Halloweiner 58 Mag
Sunfox 65 Knight | Fuggnchuggn 62 SL | Medicareforall 55 RP | Siatamunet 54 AM
www.twitch.tv/Synora_

Miered

Post#27 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:50 pm

1. Rewards:
I believe so. The rewards were good enough for me to watch ROR streams all weekend.

I was only able to snag the two quest lines, which I did not complete. I don't know if the RNG was working as intended, but the reward I was hoping to get never dropped. But that is the part of RNG I guess.

BoP or maybe account bound is fine with me. I think if we could send rewards to different characters would be more beneficial.

2. Hours required:
- Where the hours required fair? Yes. I will admit that I left streams up all night/day to earn rewards. This did not bother me and helps boost numbers for streamers even if it is mostly afk viewers. But, I also had streams going while I was playing, so even though it may have seemed I was afk I wasn't.

I think watching one streamer is good. This works well as long as the streamer raids another streamer that has drops enabled.

3. Quests:
I didn't complete the quests.

N/A

N/A

4. Streamers:
There were plenty to choose from and I was able to find one that fit my playstyle.

N/A

No.

Yes

Yes

BrazaPower

Post#28 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:02 pm

I claimed all my drops but I can not find it in my inventory, no gold no scrolls and no quest can be found...

Ads
pterodactylarms

Post#29 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:33 pm

1. Rewards:
I think so
I think I got all the RNG items, but without any indication of what/when/how it was a little weird?
Maybe for some items, but other items sellable? Maybe the mount is BoP, but the puppet sellable? That type of pick and choose?

2. Hours required:
40+ hours is a lot, and it is a little tough to accomplish over one weekend since you would have to have twitch going just about 24/7 as well. For those with families or things where they can't be at their computer for 40 hours on the weekend, it is a bit much.
I think one streamer is tough, especially if they don't have a schedule, or don't follow their schedule. I think just a total hours watched might be better.

3. Quests:
I wasn't able to complete them, so no comment.
n/a
n/a

4. Streamers:
I thought there was a good amount of streamers.
n/a
Did not, no, the handful I flipped between were fun and engaging.
Yes.
Yes.

Hadann

Post#30 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:43 pm

I was mostly in wiggle's stream this weekend as i help her mod it and overall I felt the twitch event is a really cool way to attract new players. Personally during her stream we saw 3 people openly asking questions on how to download the game and they were super excited to see the streamers showcasing the game.

As a person who was trying to answer questions for the community we did have confusion on how the drops worked as far as the timestamps as you watch different streamers etc etc. There was conflicting info all weekend back and forth.

I do feel the approved streamers need to be looked at as half the streamers dont even bother playing RoR regularly and only show up for drops. There are so many deserving smaller streamers who should to be included in the drops.

As a mod for a new and smaller streamer the community was great and helped her, joined her ingame for some fun and overall had a great time and tons of laughs. There was no trolling, talking ****, negative issues of any sort and that type of community is what streamers need and the type of exposure this game needs no matter how big or small the streamer is.

We had a few people watching the stream just stop getting rewards for hours, not sure if this was on twitch's end but hopefully something our ror team could possibly look into to see if they can prevent it from happening again.

Would love to see more skins as drops and less items. For those complaining about the types of drops you have to remember its free and geares to attract new players who would actually use and benefit from those types of drops. As an avid player of ror I personally dont want to see others getting endgame talis, pots etc etc that will provide ingame advantages over others who couldn't watch. I would much rather have exclusive skins for weps. Gear and pets/mounts etc etc.

Edit: If there was info being provided to certain streamers simply because they have a larger viewership I dont think that is right. A lot of the smaller streamers are more enjoyable to watch and should be given the same fair chance to provide their viewers with the same info no matter if its 1 person watching or 800.

Lastly I would like to thank gamesbond and ekalime of the RoR team for helping and joining wiggle's stream whenever you could to help answer questions we had wether from the streamer or those who were watching her. Was great to see the team actively involved and checking out all streamers no matter how big or small.