Recent Topics

Ads

Make tanks great again.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
CountTalabecland

Re: Make tanks great again.

Post#21 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:40 am

Spoiler:
MonkeyHead wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:19 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:18 pm Rampage is fine.
Is it? How? Why? You are in a unique position to stop most arguments about this sort of issue, but you don't provide the data to support your claim. What specifically balances out this skill? I know it seems pointless to try and engage in balance conversations with the playerbase but from where I'm standing this response is part of that problem. Rampage is fine in what context in a RVR game? It's fine because the other realm has what exactly to balance it out? I've been doing a lot of digging to attempt to make sense of what balance may mean to you, and I have to say I just don't get it. You talk about balancing the class against its roll first. How is that helpful in a PVP game? If one side has tools the other side doesn't get that's an issue. If those tools are more useful in large aspects of the game that's a big issue. If you can then predict the outcome of any fort fight as an order win 75% of the time that's as bad as if you can predict a City going to destroy 75% of the time. Could we maybe talk to someone else on this balanced team. and have them give us some guidance about how it's going?
This is a game of indirect mirrors, there is no 1:1 balancing. There is no counter-rampage or something specific destro has. Choppa, for instance, has a pull, crit dmg bonus, and wounds tactic that slayer can’t have but that doesnt mean there is a “big problem.”

Rampage is not the causation of destros crappy fort performance, and cities are nearer 50/50 than they have ever been.

So to claim Rampage is the reason is a logical fallacy. How about you try to compete or adapt to conditions rather than whine for nerfs? If you want direct mirrors and training wheels may I suggest WoW?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#22 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:05 am

MonkeyHead wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:19 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:18 pm Rampage is fine.
Is it? How? Why? You are in a unique position to stop most arguments about this sort of issue, but you don't provide the data to support your claim. What specifically balances out this skill? I know it seems pointless to try and engage in balance conversations with the playerbase but from where I'm standing this response is part of that problem. Rampage is fine in what context in a RVR game? It's fine because the other realm has what exactly to balance it out? I've been doing a lot of digging to attempt to make sense of what balance may mean to you, and I have to say I just don't get it. You talk about balancing the class against its roll first. How is that helpful in a PVP game? If one side has tools the other side doesn't get that's an issue. If those tools are more useful in large aspects of the game that's a big issue. If you can then predict the outcome of any fort fight as an order win 75% of the time that's as bad as if you can predict a City going to destroy 75% of the time. Could we maybe talk to someone else on this balanced team. and have them give us some guidance about how it's going?
Fear is the mind-killer.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Germane

Post#23 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:44 am

Bring back the M3 group Absorb to the IB. Then SnB knock down and knock back like the BG. xD
„Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott, aber sonst nichts in der Welt ...“
„Und diese Gottesfurcht ist es schon, die uns den Frieden lieben und pflegen lässt.“

Bismarck

phononHYPE

Post#24 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:46 am

I enjoy my (snb) tanks tyvm. Glad to contribute here.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Dwarni

Post#25 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:53 am

An ability that ignores parry and block for 20 seconds with 30 seconds cd can only be fine. By the way how strong can an ability be if it is just the first ability in the mastery tree? Must be quite weak.

sighy

Post#26 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:13 pm

Hmph i guess this is about as good of a place as any, how effective are armor/tougness stacking into all this undefendable stuff, if anyone tested it?

junkxjunk

Post#27 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:05 pm

Well its quite literally the only thing you can do to improve your survivability. I mean honestly it is true, outside of forts/cities you will rarely see 4+ slayers stacked up, but if you meet them, minimizing the dmg you take directly outside of guard is the only way to die slower. Even against a 2 slayer grp in sc the incoming guard damage can be quite brutal, so you should do everything you can to make those ID ticks on yourself smaller.
But honestly the best answer on destro is to not run with paper dps, because they will kill you faster than stunties down a beer.

junkxjunk

Post#28 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:08 pm

Btw id love if every tank would get a core tactic along the lines 'reduce incoming guard damage by25%, with a tradeoff' for those times when you really need it

Ads
TreefAM

Post#29 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:50 pm

Id rather not get a tactic like that, having a mandatory powerhouse like that would mess up so many alright builds.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#30 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:16 pm

junkxjunk wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:08 pm Btw id love if every tank would get a core tactic along the lines 'reduce incoming guard damage by25%, with a tradeoff' for those times when you really need it
don´t know if this is really needed, but maybe something like "reduce incoming guard dmg by 50% and reduce your movement speed by 50% for x seconds".
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM