Recent Topics

Ads

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wonshot

Re: FEEDBACK: AOE cap

Post#31 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:20 am

Quillog wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:36 pm
- It heavily shifted the funnel defense balance to the attacker side. The defenders are stacked at/near the doors while the ranged attackers can freecast into the choke point while being out of line of sight for the enemy casters. Usually tanks absorb most of the damage, but now dps dies way too fast. 7th Legion usually is a very good defender, tonight we broke them first try, even after being solar flaired.
- Using AoE CC on a whole warband is simply ridiculous.
I was first of the assumption that funnels would actually be harder to break, but as mention above and as you can see in tonights clip:
https://clips.twitch.tv/EntertainingPol ... gThunBeast

Stacking players in a funnelsituation you are no longer safe due to standing on tanks, you will get hit too (unless its closer to even numbers and not 3:1)

Fun fact Blasting potions would had dealt more damage than my abilities, had i noticed Destro had full Defensive M3 routation :P
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
WeGotThis

Post#32 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:15 am

Played with it, and it is f***ing AMAZING ;)

Had a nice 6v18-20 and with good positioning and some AoE pressure we could wipe them,
Finally you can do something against pug warbands, so just blob isn't an auto win anymore.

Ofc, premade warband still kicks your ass, but at least you have a chance now to have some inpact on them by sneaking their backlines.

On Page 2 i've read a post... something about "now you need 4 doks to cleanse shatter limbs on your warband"(To lazy to quote)
I mean if you have problems with that just dont blob with 24 in 30 feet = problem solved.

I was in Fort yesterday, and Destro farmed Order(us) in a ~40 minuts step one... ~600v200 kills...
But still it is a good change, Order just was not organized enough... ;)

It would be very good if you do not let zerg whiners influence you :) *Thumbs up*

Ninjagon

Post#33 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:45 am

•Did you play with the change?
YES
• Is the change good as it is?
Yes but needs some adjustments.
• Is the change good but too far (as in lower cap to another value but between 9 and 24)?
It is not too far, 24 in general is OK.
• Is the change good but some abilities needs to be specifically capped (if so what ones?)?
Especially crowd controll and spammable AOE abilities needs to be toned down, like previous 9 cap.

+ fresh air to the gameplay
+ more organized groups can win against random blobs
- CC AOE abilities too strong (no cc fest game)
- disable AOE damage potions (no potion fest game)
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

OndeTv

Post#34 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:47 am

Did you play with the change?
Yes i did

What career did you play with?
Sorceress, choppa, zealot, marauder

Is the change good as it is?
No, it is not

Is the change good but too far (as in lower cap to another value but between 9 and 24)?
Well.. Tough one. The original cap of 9 is the best "known" value in my opinion. But even lower global caps would probably be better for the server overall. Especially regarding unmitigatable morale aoes and certain skills on certain classes.

Is the change good but some abilities needs to be specifically capped (if so what ones?)?
See above.

Are there any specific areas where this becomes especially troublesome?
See the longer general answer below:

I will try to keep it short:
--------------------------------
- fun fights in our beloved game are fights that take a while. Everyone feel they did something, even the losing side
- this change shortens fights massively and dumbs them down, taking away a large part of the fun
- since pug people can not just hide in regular sized blobs anymore, it seems to me that the current outcome is EVEN LARGER blobs
- while pug blobs can be destroyed by an organized bombing warband, it takes the sad bombing meta one step further: bombing blobs. At which point the only defense is another bombing blob. A silly downward spiral.

The only players i can legitimately understand liking this change is smallscale (6-12) parties when going against 1+ wb, feeling they now have an impact where previously they did not. However, smallscale is a rather niche thing in this game. And while they benefit from the change, all the other - normal - aspects of the game suffers the above issues.

I think i covered the main issues with this, and why the change is detrimental to the game overall, just like it was "back in time".

Edit 1: Careers played during the test added to the top
Edit 2: Reformatted slightly to adhere to all the bullet points required in the OP
Edit 3: Added marauder to the careers i have tested with
Last edited by OndeTv on Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#35 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:33 am

Ill remind once again that this is a strict feedback thread where we are collecting your feedback answering the bulletpoints in the OP. Discussion outside of this or replies to others opinions will get removed.

Gomdor

Post#36 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:28 am

1. Did you play with the change?
→ Yes (melee SH and Engi)

2. Is the change good as it is?
→ Awesome.

3. Is the change good but too far (as in lower cap to another value but between 9 and 24)?
→ A bit far imo, 18~20 would be better. the patch would be not effective if the cap is lower than this.

4. Is the change good but some abilities needs to be specifically capped (if so what ones?)?
→ it seems too much that all kind of utility abilities have 24 cap.

☆P.S. choppa and slayer lost thier job after this patch. need some solution for this.
Black Orc 'Gazuaa'

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#37 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:55 am

Did you play with the change? Yes, mostly on healer (shaman).
Is the change good as it is? No.
Is the change good but too far (as in lower cap to another value but between 9 and 24)? Really i cant say.
Is the change good but some abilities needs to be specifically capped (if so what ones?)?
Are there any specific areas where this becomes especially troublesome? Mostly in siege, when people need to be too crowded.

As a healer i feel that the worst part was for mdps, literally melted in the frontline...not much to do to keep them up.
Palyed a few with my magus, and is impossible to keep pet alive....was hard in the normal situation (cap of 9 targets) but now its impossible...

NOTE: mostly played on PUG wb.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#38 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:40 pm

added a new point in the bulletpoint to ask what career you played as for any future feedback.

Also deleted more posts that did not provide feedback or answer bulletpoints.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#39 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:00 pm

.Did you play with the change?
Yez

.What career did you play with?
Choppa 2 handed

.Is the change good as it is?
yez

.Is the change good but too far (as in lower cap to another value but between 9 and 24)?
Very gud

.Is the change good but some abilities needs to be specifically capped (if so what ones?)?
Lots Choppin 3 to 6 or 9 and tactic to 24 and get balanced to others skills. Feels weaker whit the cap changes. Bring it on / gtdc / Wild choppin seems ok .

.Are there any specific areas where this becomes especially troublesome?
Well, wb vs wb whit all the ranged aoe..

anarchypark

Post#40 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:56 pm

• Did you play with the change?
    yes. pug and solo. WE and BO.
  • Is the change good as it is?

no.
    this aoe buff melt everything better and faster.
    zerg is problem? aoe faster b4 next wave.
    funnel is problem? bring more aoe.
    it's number game same as before.
    only, aoe spec got more merit.
    also aoe number is far more important than non-aoe.
  • Are there any specific areas where this becomes especially troublesome?

in keep,
    bigger aoe wins.
    attacker have bomb?
    outter funnel/bottom/lord room/top, no matter. just melt.
    defender have bomb? funnel farm.

in fort, same. bomb wins.
    i had record of 15m timer on stage2 defense at Maw.
    lord room defense melted from first push.

no mechanic, no strategy. just aoe to melt it faster.
    so it's play bomb or die, to me.

EDIT:
  • Is the change good but too far (as in lower cap to another value but between 9 and 24)?
    maybe test even more. friendly fire.
    do you remember aza's aoe test?
    discard dmg up part but take dmg reduction part.
    dmg reduction per friendly hit.
Last edited by anarchypark on Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)