Recent Topics

Ads

Dual Wield and Greatweapon balance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Azarael

Dual Wield and Greatweapon balance

Post#1 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:04 pm

I'll keep it brief.

Dual wield grants the useful 10% parry bonus and the chance for more procs because you attack 46% more often than with a two-handed weapon of the same weapon speed.

Great weapons grant the useless 10% block strikethrough bonus and, some say, better burst potential because slower weapons have a 54% chance to outdamage the initial attack from a dual wield weapon of the same speed, at the cost of fewer procs.

I'm proposing changing the useless 10% block strikethrough to 10% parry strikethrough instead.

Any objections?

Ads
noisestorm

Re: Dual Wield and Greatweapon balance

Post#2 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:06 pm

If you have a 1h with 3.0 speed and the same dps as a 2h with 3.0 , they will both do the same dmg right? How about giving them like 5-10%(maybe too much?) increased damage compared to a 1H with equal values? (and i am not saying increase its dps by X%, but actually give them something like infernal gift bonus)

Allhough everything is better than the current bonus
Last edited by noisestorm on Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:06 pm

None

but question

what makes parry strike-through better than block strike through?

I also feel that the dps diffrence between 2h and 1h is not that big atm and echo noises suggestion

noisestorm

Post#4 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Parrystrikethrough evens out the strength from DW vs 2h.

Penril

Post#5 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:09 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:None

but question

I also feel that the dps diffrence between 2h and 1h is not that big atm and echo noises suggestion
Block strike through is useless if your enemy doesnt have block. So basically, it is only useful against tanks (but irrelevant against all the rest, which are of course the targets you want to attack). Parry strike through is useful against everyone.

Dual Wielders dont have that problem, because their +10% parry is useful against all classes.

Anyway, i don't have any objections to what Aza suggests. It really makes sense.
Last edited by Penril on Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azarael

Post#6 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:09 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:None

but question

Parry strike is useful against any target, while block strikethrough is only worthwhile against the one target you should never be attacking from the front in melee unless everything else is dead and you can't get position - shield tanks.

Other changes to 2H weapons might be more difficult to get through. I was thinking about an interaction with Guard for tank two-handed weapons (a bonus against it) but I don't think the time is right to attempt that. I also don't want to ruin the possibility of revisiting that in the future by adding another global buff to 2H weapons.
How about giving them like 5-10%(maybe too much?) increased damage compared to a 1H with equal values? (and i am not saying increase its dps by X%, but actually give them something like infernal gift bonus)
It's a fair point because of the S&B DPS problem. That extra weapon DPS from having a two-handed weapon out becomes worthless as other damage modifiers stack up - but this is again chiefly a problem for tanks, as other classes select between dual wielding and 2H, so it might be better solved with something more complex.

Zhentarim

Post#7 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:15 pm

I've always thought it would make more sense for it to have parry strikethrough. Thats why I always keep forgetting its block strikethrough.

Redsun

Post#8 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:17 pm

No objections...it is a good proposal!
Polemos - Fuzzh - Baigon - Lengo
Mexicola - Fuzz

Ads
Bignusty

Post#9 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:19 pm

Azarael wrote:I'll keep it brief.

Dual wield grants the useful 10% parry bonus and the chance for more procs because you attack 46% more often than with a two-handed weapon of the same weapon speed.

Great weapons grant the useless 10% block strikethrough bonus and, some say, better burst potential because slower weapons have a 54% chance to outdamage the initial attack from a dual wield weapon of the same speed, at the cost of fewer procs.

I'm proposing changing the useless 10% block strikethrough to 10% parry strikethrough instead.

Any objections?
Agree for this Azarael more helpfull the 10% strikeparry !

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#10 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:30 pm

I tried to have a problem with this, but I couldn't think of one. Maybe that it directly counters the passive bonus of another weapon type, but that's not a big deal. I can't think of something else that it could do that wouldn't be stupidly OP for some classes.
Spoiler:
CLEARLY this is an ORDER-BIASED change!!! Order has more 2H classes that this buffs than destru. NOT FAIR that ARCHMAGES get parry strikethrough but my ZEALOT gets NOTHING! WLs were already OP and now they will be UNSTOPPABLE! How is my marauder supposed to 1v1 WLs when they get pounce and now IGNORE MY PARRY. I don't know why you have to ruin the WAR everyone loved just because you love POWER
Last edited by Genisaurus on Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.