Recent Topics

Ads

Fang Hoppers hide and 100,000 squigs

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
TenTonHammer

Fang Hoppers hide and 100,000 squigs

Post#1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:25 am

I just wanted to make this request about the cloak and the requirement tied to it; could it be changed to 1000 kills required for unlock like all the other kill quest cloak rewards

Because quite frankly 100000 is quite a huge grind, getting 1000 kills alone takes between 1-2 hours so getting the required amount could take a month or easily more of play time where i am in one spot just pveing creating a very tedious rather boring situation especially if i wanted to try and unlock it on multiple toons

And this is comming from the perspective of desto with AoE i have no idea how much slower it would be on a class with only st or on order who i dont think have access to large collections of easy to farm squig mobs and have to use the group of 20s in BfP

Ads
Dana
Former Staff

Re: Fang Hoppers hide and 100,000 squigs

Post#2 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:26 am

No :)
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

saupreusse
Developer

Post#3 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:36 am

100000? No way i would ever do that! Tentonhammer is right. Most of the ppl are working and only play like 1-2 hours a day. How in the seven hells are they ever gonna get this achievement unlocked? Or if you are a healer class or a full tank and you dont do dmg at all to those squigs , how are you supposed to get even near completing it? Lets be honest, no one wants to grind a **** load of time and in my oppinion no one should be forced into doing so. Why would anyone disagree with me? A game should be played because its fun and grinding is just the opposite of fun. It already takes more then long enough to kill 1000 mobs for an item that only is good as alt app. and doesnt even have stats.

Cornerback

Post#4 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:02 am

No one is forced to do this. It is just a cloak...
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

saupreusse
Developer

Post#5 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:33 am

Cornerback wrote:No one is forced to do this. It is just a cloak...
you are if you want to complete the game,
or simply just want the cloak.
and right now its effort > reward. for some of the cloaks you just have to kill a mob and thats it.
grinding for hours and (even!) days cant be rewarded just with a cloak without stats.

"So you killed those 100.000 squigs and it took you a month? heres your cloak - sucks to be you!"
the effort stands in no relation to the reward. and if you want the reward, you get smashed in the face by an - for a lot of players - endless grind.

Bretin

Post#6 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:38 am

inb4 camoran

Dana
Former Staff

Post#7 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:39 am

That's just your problem. When you don't invest time / effort you aren't worth the reward. When you mean it's just a cloak then don't do it also there is no need to get it.

I hate discussions like this.
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:01 pm

that was not my point. lets put it this way:
What makes this cloak any different to the other cloaks ,that this massive increase of effort is justified?
And now thats my point: What if it cant be justified? Why not fix it?
Give me one good reason why this is fair so maybe I can understand it.

Ads
Razid1987

Post#9 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:09 pm

Dana wrote:That's just your problem. When you don't invest time / effort you aren't worth the reward.
You should be Lead Designer of all western MMOs. Blizzard could learn a thing or two from you :D
saupreusse wrote:that was not my point. lets put it this way:
What makes this cloak any different to the other cloaks ,that this massive increase of effort is justified?
The item has no stats, but that just makes the investment of time that more impressive / crazy. If you see someone with that cloak, you KNOW they worked f***ing hard for it. That's worth admiration, awe, or even confusion.

It's not about fair. It's about having goals in the game at different heights, for different people with different levels of dedication. If all unlocks were "Kill One Mob", then no unlock would stand out. No unlock would be impressive. This one is. The fact that it's a purely cosmetic item only makes it that more impressive when you actually see someone with it.

Hell, even 1k mobs isn't impressive. That can be done in 2 hours easily. How is 2 hours of grinding impressive? It's more impressive to grind from 30 to 32, for crying out loud.

If you ever played WoW, then getting the Pink Proto drake would be a living nightmare for you: You'd need to do hundreds of achievements all spread across the year's seasonal events like Christmas or Halloween. If you missed one, just ONE achievement, you would have to wait a full year before you could get that achievement, and then when you finally get the last achievement, you would get your mount. And guess what? It's like any other mount. Only... It's pink! \o/
Last edited by Razid1987 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Soulcheg

Post#10 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:16 pm

saupreusse wrote:that was not my point. lets put it this way:
You don't need this cloak for game. It's just a decoration for a man, who wanted to kill many many squigs. This is no reward for smthn. If you want that decoration - kill 100 000 squigs.
[RU]GreenFire. //Grimward/Albiona/Edwin/many others