Recent Topics

Ads

Fang Hoppers hide and 100,000 squigs

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Plankton

Re: Fang Hoppers hide and 100,000 squigs

Post#11 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:17 pm

HI!

I personnaly suggest to let the 100 000 kills. the appearance is just great and it's the onely item in the game that take so long to have. It's challenging and shows how stubborn we can be ;)

Dwarfly yours
IB: Thrulontin and far to much alts.

Ads
Dana
Former Staff

Post#12 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:21 pm

Plankton wrote:HI!

I personnaly suggest to let the 100 000 kills. the appearance is just great and it's the onely item in the game that take so long to have. It's challenging and shows how stubborn we can be ;)

Dwarfly yours
Dragon Cloak to kill 1000 dragons takes longer :P
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

RyanMakara

Post#13 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:21 pm

saupreusse wrote:100000? No way i would ever do that! Tentonhammer is right. Most of the ppl are working and only play like 1-2 hours a day. How in the seven hells are they ever gonna get this achievement unlocked? Or if you are a healer class or a full tank and you dont do dmg at all to those squigs , how are you supposed to get even near completing it? Lets be honest, no one wants to grind a **** load of time and in my oppinion no one should be forced into doing so. Why would anyone disagree with me? A game should be played because its fun and grinding is just the opposite of fun. It already takes more then long enough to kill 1000 mobs for an item that only is good as alt app. and doesnt even have stats.
I met a Runepriest at Greenskin chapter 1 who just kept instakilling the level 2 PQ squigs for the first Destro PQ in mount Bloodhorn. He told me he was at 27k kills in like a few days. There was also a Bright Wizard who told me he got 7k kills in only 2 hours, with help from a healer, while farming the level 20+ Squigs in the Badlands. You honestly underestimate the willingness of some people to go through hours and hours of farming, and who actually deserve this cloak for those efforts. If you're going to plead for making it easier to get with arguments such as "i'm not gonna bother going THAT far" and "it's no fun to grind", I'm sorry to say you won't be taken seriously.

RyanMakara

Post#14 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:08 pm

Torquemadra wrote:

Dwarfly yours
Note the original appearance of this cap was 100x more awesome, I cant find a picture of it atm but I hope someone can find it in the game files and fix it in the future ;)
The model of the item was 'Cloak_Tome_Squig_01' in the wartool, sadly it had the same appearance as the Yeti cloak, meaning that we'd have to do a hardcoded texture swap in order to give the Squig cloak its original appearance. And as long as an actual visual of the cloak remains to be found, we cannot even know for sure which cloak texture we'd have to implement.

First things first; if you can find a picture of the original cloak, we may be able to get somewhere.

Wrathson

Post#15 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:53 am

Pay someone else to get stuff for you, that's what i (used) to do.

Tklees

Post#16 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:59 am

Dana wrote:

Dwarfly yours
And as soon as T4 is released I will be in cinderfell.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Jambalaya

Post#17 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:00 am

people have cloaks visible?
Big Yodes

Cornerback

Post#18 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:19 am

Dana wrote:

Dwarfly yours
Did this with my IB and my Magus back on the live servers.

In Cinderfall. Killing Champ Dragons. With only three slow spawns. That was fun :D
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#19 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:26 am

I just wanted this cloak because it was green and it would have matched the duelist armor and the texture made me think of a cold one and would have looked thematically cool on my bg

Im more than comfortable with the pelt of the dark young on my choppa and blorc and eye killer on my bg and wh

i dont have time nor patience to burn my playtime on a cloak that i will be more than happily replacing with tyrants and sov with apperance

3k in its no worth and i have alts to level and friends to play with

ThePollie
Banned

Post#20 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:30 am

Dana wrote:That's just your problem. When you don't invest time / effort you aren't worth the reward. When you mean it's just a cloak then don't do it also there is no need to get it.

I hate discussions like this.
A stony point, but the problem still remains for classes that can't AoE these down in droves. It's not a difficult achievement for someone who can reliably damage twelve enemies at once, it is for someone who has to pick them off one or two at a time.

It isn't so much a matter of not having the dedication to earn it, it's the fact that the challenge is biased against certain classes.