Recent Topics

Ads

Increasing RR cap plz read

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
odapain

Increasing RR cap plz read

Post#1 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:35 pm

with current release of T4 and its current state in lakes i know its something that has been talked about amoung players and the dev's many times but i wanted to add my thoughts and sugestion with reasoning for a discussion.

raise the rr cap to 80 but increase the amount needed to lvl by 3-4x its current value

i dont want it to be over with fast like it was on retail after 100 release i liked it before when you knew the ppl that was high rr they stood out as it was a grind.

as it is now 40 is over with before you know it.

now here is some food for thought current state of lakes is alot of xrealming zerging and i honestly think a raise in RR would ease the xrealming and encourage zone fliping which would lead to more fighting ect becuase people will want reknown on there chosen main if its something that is going to take a long time you wouldnt want to waste it switching sides all time for most part there will ofc be those that still do but i think it wouldnt be as many.

i have just finished my sorc after a few days playing it to 40/40 with full anni and all inf rewards ( staff from greenskins tomorrow need 5k inf ) the character im really enjoying is now loosing its reasoning to play ( being a person that wants progress wants to see something gained when i kill ect ) so im messing around with alts which are all rr40 too just not lvl 40 yet. this spared me on to make this post as everyone that sits and chats in my stream all agree and i think alot of the server itself would also love to see this implemented.

i read in another post that the devs have been recantly discussing ways to implement the raise to RR with possible wipe with new sets comming ect. either i guess works for me tho i would preffer it just taking a lot longer months and months rather then just raising it then capping again fast for it to be reset when new set comes if that makes sense.

i honestly think there are more Pro's then Con's to raising the cap now we have t4.

Ads
th3gatekeeper

Re: Increasing RR cap plz read

Post#2 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:44 pm

I disagree and here is why. Maybe you dont know this but they are working on rebuilding the campaign system. Once this is completed I have a feeling they will bump RR to 50 or 55.

You said it yourself, T4 comes, everyone farms a **** load, then they are done. Why would they release EVERYTHING all at once now?

I think its smart to give us the current "gear" carrot as well as influence (which I guess falls under gear too) and then once they get that new system working, THEN give us the carrot of renown again as a way to keep people playing. Once they bump renown, they will also potentially want to release the new level gear that comes with it too.... Which is another step that would make current stuff moot.

So I am fine with RR40 atm. It also gives more time for alts/new players to get RR40 - which in T3 wasnt HARD but it also wasnt an easy feat (especially without RVR in the latter weeks).

So I say let them develop the game/campaign. Enjoy current T4 and its gear grind. If you get bored you can always farm the SC weapons ontop of the gear or get an alt going...

The fact that you already have the influence rewards AND 5/5 Anni gear means (to me) that Geni is wrong and I would suggest doing a wipe of influence AND Anni gear like they did with Ruin.... But maybe not.

You cant blame the Devs because you rushed everything though.... This is the game, its the content we have. They are working on more but we will always have more time than content. Thats the nature of almost any game ESPECIALLY a F2P game...

I dont think now is a good time to raise renown cap IMO.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Scrilian

Post#3 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:46 pm

0 merc gear =/= finished
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

warhammer69

Post#4 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:51 pm

Not a good time to raise the RR cap.
I'm not even gonna bother putting my 2 cents into this.
Philcolins - blackguard
Babool - zealot
Bcsaoe - sorc
Bcsfinest - magus
Luciie - witch elf
Samlosco - white lion
Barblahey - warrior priest
Philcolinz - swordmaster

Guild leader of Who's OP now

Lileldys

Post#5 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:52 pm

I wouldn't care if RR was raised but you never gained any renown points to spend past 40, and it was reset to whatever is needed for the content patch. (Just to see those purple numbers again)

RR increase isn't needed right now to keep people active for a few months, much like going from t2->t3, people stuck around for 4 months before slowly dropping off, but that could be more to do with keeps being bugged at the time, instead of rr40 being locked for some 6ish months.

Toldavf

Post#6 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:18 am

I think the devs should stick to their plan :P
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

thefarthestland

Post#7 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:32 am

must balance the game ... not give more carrots for rabbits.

szejoza

Post#8 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:16 pm

Full anni? I dont know anyone with full anni on order side :o
Spoiler:

Ads
geezereur

Post#9 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:22 pm

And when you guys hit RR 80 its game over you quit?

JoeMamAz

Post#10 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:26 pm

"Changes to Leveling:
- Renown Rank is now capped to your current Career Rank. You will no longer gain renown if your renown rank is greater than your career rank, until you reach level 40.
- The renown rank cap has not been raised. We are deliberating a change to the way we handle renown caps, and you can expect to hear more about this very soon. Said change would require a coding effort that would have delayed T4 more." -t4 announcement thread