Recent Topics

Ads

Genisis Token Change to One Currency Type

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
edavoc

Genisis Token Change to One Currency Type

Post#1 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:49 am

Can the Genisis tokens changed to be standardized, i.e. one kind of currency, like the blue and green bags?

It is hard enough to win a purple bag at a keep. It is neither fun nor exciting to depend on a luck based system only to win the same piece over and over. For example, I've received the same aspect 3 out of the 3 times I have ever won a purple bag.

A change to the current genisis token system would make it feel far less frustrating and luck based to acquire the gear from purple keep bags, because you would not be depending on a loot roll and then an additional rng roll to get a piece that you don't already own.

Ads
Zaxxond

Re: Genisis Token Change to One Currency Type

Post#2 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:00 am

I like the idea. Many players that have been lucky enough to roll a purple bag rng the same pieces they already have. For instance, I have 2 genesis cloaks.

What are the odds of rolling 3 of the same pieces in a row? Perhaps the rng on purple bags can be checked?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:20 am

The Genesis set is intentionally difficult to obtain. This was fully intended and designed as such. Purple bags drop the least, and the chance of getting repeat items as you close in on the full set bonus are the entire point.

Why? To give you something to look forward to in RvR. This is the most difficult set to obtain, enjoy the moment you finish the 5th piece, for it will be well earned, and bittersweet.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

th3gatekeeper

Post#4 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:35 am

wargrimnir wrote:The Genesis set is intentionally difficult to obtain. This was fully intended and designed as such. Purple bags drop the least, and the chance of getting repeat items as you close in on the full set bonus are the entire point.

Why? To give you something to look forward to in RvR. This is the most difficult set to obtain, enjoy the moment you finish the 5th piece, for it will be well earned, and bittersweet.
Is RNG the best way to make something difficult? My experience in gaming is that the answer is no. IMO having both RNG and slow progression are better.

Even if you created a currency and made it cost 100 keep take worth of "currency" for 1 item. It would be better than RNG.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:43 am

th3gatekeeper wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:The Genesis set is intentionally difficult to obtain. This was fully intended and designed as such. Purple bags drop the least, and the chance of getting repeat items as you close in on the full set bonus are the entire point.

Is RNG the best way to make something difficult? My experience in gaming is that the answer is no. IMO having both RNG and slow progression are better.

Even if you created a currency and made it cost 100 keep take worth of "currency" for 1 item. It would be better than RNG.
There are other sets like this, and they are more obtainable, no? I would think this method adds the most difficulty to obtaining the set. As intended.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

sabat80

Post#6 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:29 am

wargrimnir wrote: There are other sets like this, and they are more obtainable, no? I would think this method adds the most difficulty to obtaining the set. As intended.
There is 0 skill or 0 work necessary to obtain any of the keep sets. Only necessary thing is luck, nothing else. In the current system people can obtain a bag just by passing by :) also I have seen people fighting all the battle on the keep and not being included in the roll at all.

I think that if you made them purchasable by medallions but make them really expensive (500+ medallions per piece) it makes them still unique and rare but not impossible. Especially whilst they are creating a big power gap between those who have been lucky and those who have not. And it is that lucky part which is a problem.

Tesq

Post#7 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:31 am

i will never be able to obtain such set from which i just need 2 itiem because there is no proportion in bags x keep population and also there is no guarantee of recive bags , neither to find inside what you are lf.

At least put in the bag 1 general coin and you take what you want with that, rng bags to be able to rng over the itiem is crazy. Also there is a quite number of ppl which:

Achived 5/5 in very low time basically ninja keep with 2 party before the change because it rewarded the offensive side bags, we tested it too once and we got bags too.

-ok rng
-ok double rng

but then

proportional bags or no double rng.

jorgemarco

Post#8 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:54 am

We already asked for a fair method to obtain genesis. They just ignored our petition, so i desisted getting set. Rng will never be a good system if you want a fair server.

Ads
Vdova

Post#9 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:38 am

At the current state of rvr there is no point even bother about purple bags because for 99,5% players there is 99,9% chance that they will never complete whole current set before new one is introduced.Calculation is simple. If You have 2purple bags for 200+ ppl each keep take and even for those lucky ones there isverry high chance to get the same item which they already have,it end up having like 2-3 different set pieces for the most luckiest and active players. And ofcourse our last weeks shows heavy order dominance in rvr during eu prime time so there is minimum chance to get even bag on destro side. If You want to make that set more attractive with balanced chances to purchase it for both sides(overpopulated and underdog) without RNG factor,make it cost 300-400 rvr currency/piece.
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

Razid1987

Post#10 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:49 pm

Coming directly from the new WoW expansion, Legion, which is over flooded with RNG left and right, I can only say that RNG is not a system that makes anything difficult. If anything it removes any impact the player might have had, and replaces it with pure chance. Having no impact on such things is not difficulty, but frustration. By definition.

I do think some RNG should be present in a game, but if you add too much of it, it can very quickly become very unfair.