Recent Topics

Ads

ORVR lagspikes.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
roadkillrobin

ORVR lagspikes.

Post#1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:26 pm

After several months of playing several hours 2-3 times a week we're consistantly seeing huge lagspikes when killing players in ORVR the more players we kill the worse the lag gets. I understand that there may be 100's of reasons for this until last nights warband. I was isolated from my warband who was on the other side of the map when I suddenly get these huge lagspikes and hear in our coms how the rest of the warband is fighting and killing alot players. I checked my logs and couldn't see any renown, xp or inf gain from killing players. What I did see however is massive amount of lootrolls. Im pretty sure the lootrolls are a causing huge amount of preformance drops on the server and probobly something you would wanna fix or scrap completly for better gameplay preformance.

Ads
Reesh

Re: ORVR lagspikes.

Post#2 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:59 pm

Most often /rel from time to time helps, but there isn't always a good moment to stand in one spot for a minute.

roadkillrobin

Post#3 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:27 pm

Was moastly hoping some Dev or GM would see this and investigate it. /rel never solves the mass kill lag for me or any guildie either. Pretty sure it's related to the lootrolls as I wasn't getting any kinda collition, dps or even inf/xp/renown when lag happened. But I did get something like 10+ lootrolls.

Nycta

Post#4 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:37 pm

Mostly out of curiosity, which of your toons were you playing when it happened?
Yipikaye - "It doesn't taste like chicken!.."
Play - "Winds of Insanity trololol, omnomnom!"
Nycta - "Not again!.."
Jumaru - "Tenderness beats harshness!"
Oblivion - *Beckons..*

KnockedDown N :x :D bz

roadkillrobin

Post#5 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:04 pm

Nycta wrote:Mostly out of curiosity, which of your toons were you playing when it happened?
Pharagax, my Choppa.

Razid1987

Post#6 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:10 pm

Can only speak for myself, but I've been getting these lag spikes in ORvR ever since T3 on all chars, across both factions. So basically ever since ORvR got a very high number of players, with lots of AoE abilities.
I'm still not entirely convinced the FPS drops are related to loot rolls, but it's very possible to be the case, however. I've tried to remove both any item related messages, and combat messages, in the chat, but with little to no effect. It was a long shot, but I hoped it might have some kind of effect, but sadly no.
My theory has always been that the engine, with the shitty coding that WAR has, simply couldn't handle 30 abilities, hitting 9 different targets, for 30 different values, all at once. There would simply be too much information. The FPS drops don't just come for me when people die though - They also come throughout the entire fight, pretty much until there's only a few players left on the losing side.

But if loot rolls truly is the source for these lag spikes, then what would be the best solution to solve it?

roadkillrobin

Post#7 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:33 pm

If it is, I would first look into if theres anything corrupted, broken with the lootrolls itself. If it looks fine i would probobly add a in combat check and delay the lootrolls until the involved players are out of combat. If this hogs to much menory i would remove loot from pvp kills completly and add repeareble kill quests for medalions.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:56 am

well the game is terribly optimised for one but it could also be something to what you say, please get the packet logger and have it run while playing and try and get some data for us (you may need to trim the data if it becomes too much). The place to upload these logs is ofc the bugtracker.

link to the thread about packet logger:
viewtopic.php?t=12735

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#9 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:55 am

I will. Tackar.