Recent Topics

Ads

PVP seems a bit too 'bursty'.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grolar

Re: PVP seems a bit too 'bursty'.

Post#91 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:38 pm

I do miss the massive battles that lasted hours at a keep if I'm completely honest. If there were some way to bring that back I'd be happier. Perhaps some tweaks to timers or supply amounts. WTF do I know?
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#92 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:43 pm

I think it was fun for awhile to have postern's open when the door goes down but it killed a lot of the feel of a keep defense for me. Those choke points are what made the Keep defense feel like a keep defense and it was awesome.

Kobra
Suspended

Post#93 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:55 am

Too bursty? Yeah... Already is.. Remember, the ridiculous burst and overpowered armor sets was what killed live.

But I would really like to not be 2-shot down by every other guy regardless of if I am in my shaman, Dok, etc..

https://s23.postimg.org/6i5ah63sr/really.jpg

Gachimuchi

Post#94 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:39 am

Kobra wrote:Too bursty? Yeah... Already is.. Remember, the ridiculous burst and overpowered armor sets was what killed live.

But I would really like to not be 2-shot down by every other guy regardless of if I am in my shaman, Dok, etc..

>Complaining about bust
>Cherry picked example about highest burst class on order whos literal gimmick is burst

wew lad
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#95 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:03 am

Im tend to reply here but im gonna be in trouble once again.... but let me say this...

Too "bursty" only if u play Destro... Working as intended is you are on the other side tho.
Last edited by davispeed on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
]

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#96 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:05 am

Kobra wrote:Too bursty? Yeah... Already is.. Remember, the ridiculous burst and overpowered armor sets was what killed live.

NB at is best.. but its ok right?
]

Toldavf

Post#97 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:17 am

davispeed wrote:Im tend to reply here but im gonna be in trouble once again.... but let me say this...

Too "bursty" only if u play Destro... Working as intended is you are on the other side tho.
Are you saying destro lack burst? :P
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Gachimuchi

Post#98 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:18 am

davispeed wrote:Im tend to reply here but im gonna be in trouble once again.... but let me say this...

ordo bias

#sorcsdontexist #marasdontexist

Ads
Gachimuchi

Post#99 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:30 am

davispeed wrote:

NB at is best.. but its ok right?
wait u need NB to do a basic rotation? ROFL

Toldavf

Post#100 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:30 am

Tankbeardz wrote:
Kobra wrote:It seems like it's a bit too bursty right now. Fights are over too quick IMO. One of the things (few things) I liked about SWTOR PVP was they had the perfect dmg/defense algorithms.
SWTOR had terrible PVP imo. It also had insanely imbalanced PVP early on, just like war.
Ah SW I remember the PvP massive imalance killing, those without his gear in a single master strike and avoiding any form of reprisal with bonkers escape tools. Good times :-P
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-