Recent Topics

Ads

PVP seems a bit too 'bursty'.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Theseus

Re: PVP seems a bit too 'bursty'.

Post#141 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:09 am

Atropik wrote:
Theseus wrote: If you play WE and you try to gank people, you should be able to use the terrain to your advantage. Always
Let me qoute this sentence, i just need it to remember.
Do that, and sorry if I sounded arrogant.... that wasnt my intend. I just realized that I do only as i read it again.^^

But you have to agree, that winning without those abilities is possible, but just more work and more skilldependant.... that was all I wanted to say.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Ads
navis

Post#142 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:23 am

One thing I want to mentioned related to PvP, is that I don't think AP cost is really taking much effect when considering what some of the classes are doing right now.. There doesn't seem to be any need what-so-ever for AP tactic, potion, group effect. You can spam spam spam and I still have AP...

Theseus

Post#143 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:12 pm

navis wrote:One thing I want to mentioned related to PvP, is that I don't think AP cost is really taking much effect when considering what some of the classes are doing right now.. There doesn't seem to be any need what-so-ever for AP tactic, potion, group effect. You can spam spam spam and I still have AP...
Did you ever try a White Lion?^^
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

porkstar

Post#144 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:16 am

Spoiler:
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Acidic

Post#145 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:51 am

I believe burst is good. It adds tactic and timing to encounters. The majority of classes seem to have a fair balance to the DMg output vs squishy, some obvious exception which do make you wonder.
WL is not squishy , his pet is slightly squishy (equivalent to a healer) . This class has utility in fetch mobility in pounce , stun or two , ok armour and the highest burst . Does make you feel that the model broke here.

Aurandilaz

Post#146 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:41 am

Acidic wrote:I believe burst is good. It adds tactic and timing to encounters. The majority of classes seem to have a fair balance to the DMg output vs squishy, some obvious exception which do make you wonder.
WL is not squishy , his pet is slightly squishy (equivalent to a healer) . This class has utility in fetch mobility in pounce , stun or two , ok armour and the highest burst . Does make you feel that the model broke here.
Considering that WL burst is higher than WH burst, they should just switch the gears around, give WH medium armour and WL the light armour. Because high risk, high reward; and currently the WL burst is the high reward, yet light armoured WH does face higher risks for lesser reward (lesser burst)

Heck, a WH needs 5-8 seconds to bring me down. A WL needs 3 seconds. Just switch their armour types already, or do something about the insane damage spike that a medium armoured class can do but light armoured class cannot.

Acidic

Post#147 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:39 am

Aurandilaz wrote:
Acidic wrote:I believe burst is good. It adds tactic and timing to encounters. The majority of classes seem to have a fair balance to the DMg output vs squishy, some obvious exception which do make you wonder.
Considering that WL burst is higher than WH burst, they should just switch the gears around, give WH medium armour and WL the light armour. Because high risk, high reward; and currently the WL burst is the high reward, yet light armoured WH does face higher risks for lesser reward (lesser burst)

Heck, a WH needs 5-8 seconds to bring me down. A WL needs 3 seconds. Just switch their armour types already, or do something about the insane damage spike that a medium armoured class can do but light armoured class cannot.
I have to agree with your comment in the main, I would probably go much harder on the unbalance between damage/risk and utility than you have

Vayra

Post#148 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Also, WL burst is higher than Sorc/BW in most cases and much harder to react to due to fetch/knockdown, a class that not only has light armour but also hurts itself a lot when applying their damage. A full sorc burst rotation can deal up to 3000 unmitigatable damage to self if you're unlucky with backlashes (not counting covering dots), with the only advantage given to the sorc being range that is easily covered by most classes. There should be a much higher payoff for that risk when you look at the risk/reward for other classes like the WL.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#149 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:44 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:wn. A WL needs 3 seconds. Just switch their armour types already, or do something about the insane damage spike that a medium armoured class can do but light armoured class cannot.
Can you add combat log showing WL damage for these particular 3 seconds, please?
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Aurandilaz

Post#150 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:53 pm

OldPlayer wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:wn. A WL needs 3 seconds. Just switch their armour types already, or do something about the insane damage spike that a medium armoured class can do but light armoured class cannot.
Can you add combat log showing WL damage for these particular 3 seconds, please?

three seconds
one knock-down
~6000 health gone