Recent Topics

Ads

PVP seems a bit too 'bursty'.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Toldavf

Re: PVP seems a bit too 'bursty'.

Post#101 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:31 am

Gachimuchi wrote:
davispeed wrote:
Kobra wrote:Too bursty? Yeah... Already is.. Remember, the ridiculous burst and overpowered armor sets was what killed live.

But I would really like to not be 2-shot down by every other guy regardless of if I am in my shaman, Dok, etc..

https://s23.postimg.org/6i5ah63sr/really.jpg
NB at is best.. but its ok right?
wait u need NB to do a basic rotation? ROFL
Hardly even a rotation, it's 2 skills. It's more akin to putting one foot in front of the other.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#102 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:47 am

Kobra wrote:Too bursty? Yeah... Already is.. Remember, the ridiculous burst and overpowered armor sets was what killed live.

But I would really like to not be 2-shot down by every other guy regardless of if I am in my shaman, Dok, etc..

Looks like Temple if Isha with Orb damage aswell as not having any Resistance buffs or stacked debuffs from Kotbs/SM

Atropik

Post#103 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:46 am

roadkillrobin wrote:

Looks like Temple if Isha with Orb damage aswell as not having any Resistance buffs or stacked debuffs from Kotbs/SM
That was Isha, i remember that sc, they were 4 bw/sw/kotbs/wp, Korze took the ball and pushed thru some puggers, later puggers pushed them back xd
Nicelook | Obey

CeeJay89

Post#104 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Jaycub wrote:
porkstar wrote:Don't forget the completely non-game-breaking renown abilities of Resolute Defense and Cleansing Winds! Only the pros use them oh so good!
I hope that **** get's removed tbh fa m
Would someone be able to elaborate on why Cleansing Winds is so broken? Serious question. I understand that it can remove an infinite number of debuffs and therefore an infinite number of GCDs, but it's on a 2 minute cooldown no? Why is it so much more game breaking than taking other passive defensive abilities that prevent you from getting hit at all in the first place like Deft Defender, etc.?

Is it only due to the fact that you essentially get healed to max?

porkstar

Post#105 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:22 pm

CeeJay89 wrote:
Jaycub wrote:
porkstar wrote:Don't forget the completely non-game-breaking renown abilities of Resolute Defense and Cleansing Winds! Only the pros use them oh so good!
Would someone be able to elaborate on why Cleansing Winds is so broken? Serious question. I understand that it can remove an infinite number of debuffs and therefore an infinite number of GCDs, but it's on a 2 minute cooldown no? Why is it so much more game breaking than taking other passive defensive abilities that prevent you from getting hit at all in the first place like Deft Defender, etc.?

There's no counter-play. You basically have to kill something twice.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Jaycub

Post#106 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:16 pm

CeeJay89 wrote:
Jaycub wrote:

Things don't die unless they have a healdebuff on them most times, also some classes are DoT dependent. It also removes nasty debuffs like for instance outgoing HD that DoKs are by design not able to cleanse themselves, nasty cooldown increasers etc...

The other thing is you don't even know if ppl have this cheese when you are fighting them, I went into why this is bad in the patch notes thread.

Anyways it doesn't matter because it looks like once the devs have cleint control a rework/regression into the old RR system is likely. I hope they also just make active renown abilities a seperate thing entirely, like something where they are all rebalanced and only cost 1p each but you can only spec 1 at a time.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Tesq

Post#107 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Every active renown skill is broken; the base war gameplay pre 1.4.0( all the immunity, all the rotation and CD ) were thinked with out taking into account these renown skill.
You can alredy see as the metagame tank is alredy shifting towards 2h and 2h related support -offensive skills because you can do that, add dmg with few contr and in sc there is not much difference because if you kill it faster (aka dont let enemy play again ) you take less dmg.
It was just a matter of time with such renown skill around which is basically a second life for every ppl who own it. Immunity in particular add kite potential to alredy hige set up potential. They should all be removed .

Toldavf

Post#108 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:03 am

porkstar wrote:
CeeJay89 wrote:
Jaycub wrote:

There's no counter-play. You basically have to kill something twice.
Pretty much that, It's a second life.

Ads
Jaycub

Post#109 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:14 am

It's not a second life, I want them removed as much as anyone else, but if you setup your argument as "it's a second life" it's basically like setting up a strawman for someone to focus on and "prove you wrong" by focusing on that statement.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Toldavf

Post#110 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:52 am

Jaycub wrote:It's not a second life, I want them removed as much as anyone else, but if you setup your argument as "it's a second life" it's basically like setting up a strawman for someone to focus on and "prove you wrong" by focusing on that statement.
Actualy i want to keep it its one of the few things that increases my safety while dealing with rdps.