Recent Topics

Ads

Lock objectives in T1 Nordland to force players to fight in the other Zones

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
xanderous

Lock objectives in T1 Nordland to force players to fight in the other Zones

Post#1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:57 pm

I must say it is quite frustrating to have to go to Nordland all the time to do RVR in tier 1, just a suggestion but could we not have a daily/weekly lock out of the objectives which would force players to take advantage of the other zones, maybe even deny RP and EXP in locked zones just to shake things up a bit.

It's probably a tall order but Nordland is so small and the objectives too close to each other, you never really truthfully get to wipe on either side because most folk run back to their zone entrances then the Mexican stand offs begin, least with Ekrund, the distance from the furthest objective would allow for some fight to the last man type encounters that i believe T1 new players need to be broken into early because that experience is pretty demonising at T3 when you hit level 18 and no one is fighting in t2 zones, at the very least i think players would appreciate the change of scenery.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
CaledorTree

Re: Lock objectives in T1 Nordland to force players to fight in the other Zones

Post#2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:02 pm

I am also fed up to teeth of festen fights.
Hargrim: This project is not a democracy and I don't want to take the mantle of mod, but inb4 lock
Achilleos: From my own experience I don't think you will be having this signature for long.

Azarael

Post#3 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:02 pm

We tried this already. Players refused to leave Nordland and chewed out anyone who progressed it to a lock.

xanderous

Post#4 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:40 pm

Azarael wrote:We tried this already. Players refused to leave Nordland and chewed out anyone who progressed it to a lock.
Oh right, did you put any kind of restriction on the zone, like remove EXP/RP and apply incentives for the other zones?

By lockout i mean remove the ability to take the objectives there entirely.

P.S

Great work you are doing, appreciate it.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:53 pm

xanderous wrote:
Azarael wrote:We tried this already. Players refused to leave Nordland and chewed out anyone who progressed it to a lock.
Oh right, did you put any kind of restriction on the zone, like remove EXP/RP and apply incentives for the other zones?

P.S

Yes, there were restrictions. That's why players in the zone were adamant that final objectives were not capped so they could keep fighting there. When the zone was locked, xp/rp was no longer granted. T1 just waited until it unlocked instead of going elsewhere.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

xanderous

Post#6 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:34 am

wargrimnir wrote:
xanderous wrote:

P.S

Yes, there were restrictions. That's why players in the zone were adamant that final objectives were not capped so they could keep fighting there. When the zone was locked, xp/rp was no longer granted. T1 just waited until it unlocked instead of going elsewhere.
I can't imagine the timer being that long if people were just willing to wait, how long was it and would it not be possible to remove the ability to receive EXP and RP in those locked zones?

Makes no sense to me that people would keep fighting in a zone that you could not access the BO's but i've not been playing long on ROR.

or hell just turn them into chickens those who would enter those locked zones lol

Dabbart

Post#7 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:59 am

It's been tried. Try getting a group to go to another zone. Go for it. You will see how impossible it is to get people out of nord for any extended period of time.

But what you are inquiring and demanding, has been tried. You can't cure Humanity. Just do your best to work with it. Talk in /s to try and get some from both sides; form your own wb, etc.

Gl. But T1 is nordland. Always has been...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

wrayday

Post#8 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:58 am

Nord was super popular due to the flight master being in the camp and the camp was right near the objectives and close to the other team. In short it was fast to get there, didn't take long to run to the fight, and less time to run back when you die. The map design was too good for t1. Much like the orc/goblin t2 zone with the same setup only a keep.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:54 am

Your only option is to leave t1 as fast as possible. SC are somewhat ok but rvr is a huge mess.
Dying is no option.

tazdingo

Post#10 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:13 am

nobody wants to fight in other zones, they wanna brawl in nordland to figure out the basics of the class, then go farm havoc till they reach 16

it's absolutely fine