Recent Topics

Ads

Lock objectives in T1 Nordland to force players to fight in the other Zones

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Lock objectives in T1 Nordland to force players to fight in the other Zones

Post#11 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:40 am

tazdingo wrote:nobody wants to fight in other zones, they wanna brawl in nordland to figure out the basics of the class, then go farm havoc till they reach 16

it's absolutely fine
Its a shame really as I personally would have liked to see more areas when roaming T1 (always thought Nordland was the worst one, but might be because its been done to death)

Ads
xanderous

Post#12 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:15 pm

Well if people are happy with fighting in the same zone then i'm not here to upset the apple cart, it's merely a suggestion, not a demand but if it's something that cannot happen due to peoples preferences I'd like to suggest this.

- Change the T1 RVR influnce rewards from greenskin and elves to be attainable in Nordland
- Have them be acquired either by gaining infulence in Nordland or bought via Emblems or medallions

The purpose would be to give players more options to supplement their builds, seeing as no one is playing in T2 and players need all the help they can get to be competitive in T3.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Revec

Post#13 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:56 pm

would it possible to have a lock rotation on the zone? like say nordland is locked then the warcamp becomes locked, so you wouldnt be able to fly there and instead ported to another of the t1 zones warcamps until that zone was locked. like a cycle if youd like. just a thought tho which i would think interesting but i guess most wouldnt :P
Clar Karond - Dragonback Mountains - Karak Eight Peaks - Karak Norn/Azgal

TenTonHammer

Post#14 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Natherul wrote:
tazdingo wrote:nobody wants to fight in other zones, they wanna brawl in nordland to figure out the basics of the class, then go farm havoc till they reach 16

it's absolutely fine
Its a shame really as I personally would have liked to see more areas when roaming T1 (always thought Nordland was the worst one, but might be because its been done to death)
Back in the old days when we were ll only level 12, we would have massive wars for control over the lair bosses, now that you can get the same gear later in t3/4 the same draw isnt there....

Now what you guys should do is once the nordland zone is locked you should make it locked in such a way that it will be impossible to fight there, for example when nordland is locked make level 55 chapion demons of khorne spawn all over the lake hostile to both order and destro for the duration of the lock, preventing people from fighting at all in the zone would encourage them to move to other zones

xanderous

Post#15 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:45 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Natherul wrote:

it's absolutely fine
Back in the old days when we were ll only level 12, we would have massive wars for control over the lair bosses, now that you can get the same gear later in t3/4 the same draw isnt there....

Now what you guys should do is once the nordland zone is locked you should make it locked in such a way that it will be impossible to fight there, for example when nordland is locked make level 55 chapion demons of khorne spawn all over the lake hostile to both order and destro for the duration of the lock, preventing people from fighting at all in the zone would encourage them to move to other zones
Or just turn any players into chickens who enters that RVR zone, which happens to be a mechanic that currently already exists in the script of the game.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

TenTonHammer

Post#16 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:40 pm

xanderous wrote:
Or just turn any players into chickens who enters that RVR zone, which happens to be a mechanic that currently already exists in the script of the game.
Doing that would solve nothing as people would still fight

If people fought even when the zone was locked and they got no exp or rr, they would also fight as chickens….

xanderous

Post#17 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:55 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
xanderous wrote:
Doing that would solve nothing as people would still fight

If people fought even when the zone was locked and they got no exp or rr, they would also fight as chickens….
But you only do like one damage and can't access any of your abilities when your a chicken, so i find it hard to imagine people would ignore that and continue fighting, especially when big red words came up, telling them to hop to the other zone.

Buttbeard

Post#18 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:04 pm

I have nothing against nordland the map is good and well designed for some easy to get to combat. No long distances you have to run.

But i would love if it was some fighting in the other zones to. just fighting in nordland gets soooo boring.
But people in general seems to refuse to go elsewhere. even if you would put in a 1 hour lock with no exp gains no rr gain and so on people would probably still just hang around in nordland instead of going any other zzone.

But try talk is /s and suggest it once i actually manage to get a few destro to go elf and a few order did come along. Not that many but it ended up with fun fights as it was no zerg or WC camping because we where to few for that.
My house is so much bigger than your house that your house does not even fit into my bathroom

Ads
Tifereth

Post#19 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:55 pm

Problem with this thread is that even if twenty people'd post how boring Nordland is, the fact that this server tried but failed
in shifting to other T1 zones already speaks volumes of what the community actually wants. Changing things just for the sake
of it won't make the game automatically better. Everybody already starts in Empire lands, it's very easy to access for new players
and serves perfectly fine as an introduction.

The close warcamps, the horizontal map layout and the zergy nature of Nordland actually makes a great baby's first zone, imo.
Quick into the action due to short respawns, uncomplicated and not much dead space inbetween. No matter how much I prefer Ekrund aesthetically, Dwarf/Elf is too spread out and split into two zones on top, it's a pain really.
Longbeard Runedolf Forgebreaker 40/4X Runepriest
R.I.P. Vokuhila, Zealot RR6X

TenTonHammer

Post#20 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:08 am

Tifereth wrote:Problem with this thread is that even if twenty people'd post how boring Nordland is, the fact that this server tried but failed
in shifting to other T1 zones already speaks volumes of what the community actually wants. Changing things just for the sake
of it won't make the game automatically better. Everybody already starts in Empire lands, it's very easy to access for new players
and serves perfectly fine as an introduction.

The close warcamps, the horizontal map layout and the zergy nature of Nordland actually makes a great baby's first zone, imo.
Quick into the action due to short respawns, uncomplicated and not much dead space inbetween. No matter how much I prefer Ekrund aesthetically, Dwarf/Elf is too spread out and split into two zones on top, it's a pain really.
Exactly except while nordland is a good baby's first orvr lake the other 2 are designed to prepare you for the much abided and spread out warzones of t2 and beyond