Recent Topics

Ads

Tor Androc lava

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Morf

Tor Androc lava

Post#1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:55 pm

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/8950 as its intended to have the lava do 1.5k morale damage every second i would like to suggest having it like it was originally which is ticking every 2 seconds or to reduce the damage, in its current state it is a tad over the top.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
Noiree

Re: Tor Androc lava

Post#2 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:57 pm

Think that was intended. Read that somewhere.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Jaycub

Post#3 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:04 pm

In a proper party with 2 healers it's a non factor if they have LoS on you, and if you have double pots (everyone honestly should) you can get out of some pretty nasty lava punts that put you out of LoS for a while while with just group heals.

t. someone whos played around in the lava a lot in full 6 mans in tor anroc
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Morf

Post#4 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:14 pm

Noiree yea the current implementation is intended but there was also a time on this server when it was implemented as it was on live and tbh thinking back to then it was prolly not sufficient enough, a middle ground between the both, 1k (in t4) damage imo would be the sweet spot.

Jaycub if you are fighting pugs with a premade sure its a non issue because its fairly easier to disengage when someone is in the lave however if its a decent fight it is a game breaker they will see the opportunity and take advantage of it, healing through hard pressure is hard enough as is, now add 1.5k morale damage to someone who will be out of los if the player punting you has any sort of understanding to the situation which will be the case against decent players and its a tad over the top.
I have been the player taking advantage of the lava damage to wipe a premade and been on the receiving end, no doubt lava should be dangerous but it shouldnt be a death sentence.

If it was as easy as you make out to heal through 1.5k morale damage then morale damage in general would be a non factor which it clearly isnt.

Myself i tend to blacklist tor androc and im not alone here, its a waste of an sc.

Jaycub

Post#5 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:27 pm

What's the point of tor anroc if the lava isn't dangerous? It would just be mourkain temple inside a volcano.

About pressure in premade vs premade in tor anroc, if your playing it so badly that your the only group getting punted in you deserve to lose that's literally the whole gimmick of the scenario, it plays heavily on positioning and punt play. If the other team is afforded to have all their DPS/tank on you while you are dealing with punted group members that means you messed up.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Morf

Post#6 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:36 pm

It should be dangerous i wrote that above, it shouldnt be a death sentence which in turn makes it an sc ppl blacklist, do u want a decent fight or do you want a decent fight where the outcome is decided by which side has the most long punts, punt wars can be fun for a while but after some time it becomes lame.

I have no doubt if u get your premade in tor androc and u let me punt u into the lava i will get you killed, done it to many a player playing in a premade, its not difficult at all, now u experience this a couple of times in a single tor androc and you start to think about blacklisting it, this happens in another tor androc not long after and you will stop queing for it after you no longer have a decent fun fight but instead spend half the sc in the lava respawning.

porkstar

Post#7 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:43 pm

OMG! I always thought that stuff was just red water =O
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Iceman5545

Post#8 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:27 pm

Although getting punted in the lava can be infuriating (especially during a long cast), I feel it shouldn't be changed. It gives tanks a chance to kill someone, and makes you always stay on your toes for positioning. If you make it survivable, you'll have people staying on the rock platform in the lava, either healing or rdpsing with a barrier against melee.

Ads
Gerv
Banned

Post#9 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:38 am

If people see it as a death sentence they need to consider how they approach the scenario. Its not melee friendly and relies on situational awareness and classes playing their role. I believe different scenarios need to reward various play styles otherwise we end with universal instance based arenas with a lack of stimulating play-styles.

There are plenty of ways to reduce your chance to be punted, its a great way to learn positioning, the usefulness of immunity timers and the abilities of other classes.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Danielle

Post#10 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:12 am

Tor Anroc is as bad as Illios:Well, but some people just like playing golf or billiard in other games. I would just recommend not queuing for it and let the golfers lava bath each and enjoy their fun.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.