Recent Topics

Ads

Fair rights to Lair bosses

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sejanus

Fair rights to Lair bosses

Post#1 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:26 pm

There seems to be a lot of nonsense going on about these new lair bosses. I've read posts on the forums about bans and listened to the talk of my own teammates while I've attempted to do them.

I'm currently sitting at 0 for 3 for bosses, and none of those kills were done by Order. In every case, my group was either mid attempt or waiting for the boss to spawn, going so far as to wait atop a mountain for the entire 2 and a half hour respawn timer after a group came in and snagged the kill.

And wouldn't you know it, another group came in seconds before respawn, and took it.

I understand that compitition is encouraged but to know that kill stealing is bannable, but only if you have a less then full group seems silly. What about groups that comprise of just a healer and 5 Mdps for killing blows?

Even though I've had all my attempts taken from me, I'm not necessarily against it. What I suggest is altering their respawn timer to be around the 30 min mark. This would help alleviate all the pressure that's on this whole system as well as cut down on GM involvement for respawning, which I don't think should happen when it can't happen globally.

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Re: Fair rights to Lair bosses

Post#2 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Sejanus wrote:as well as cut down on GM involvement for respawning, which I don't think should happen when it can't happen globally.
Forget the rest, is a boss in orvr, just like any global boss, fighting for getting the chance to fight it should be the norm but this is already like the 3rd time i read about this.

Are Gms really respawning bosses for some people? How is that in any shape or form, allowed?

Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:33 pm

Sejanus wrote: What I suggest is altering their respawn timer to be around the 30 min mark.
1 hour looks better.
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Quest credit will be adjusted so it uses the system that other lair bosses do. Most damage gets loot/quest credit.

GM's respawning lair bosses is just about over at this point. We were doing it to tweak balance and difficulty, we can't test a fully geared 6-man team on the dev server. All of the bosses seem to be a reasonable challenge, and none of them are un-killable. We might take another pass at them today, depending on how things go.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Sejanus

Post#5 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:52 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Quest credit will be adjusted so it uses the system that other lair bosses do. Most damage gets loot/quest credit.
That seems like a fair system.
wargrimnir wrote:GM's respawning lair bosses is just about over at this point. We were doing it to tweak balance and difficulty, we can't test a fully geared 6-man team on the dev server. All of the bosses seem to be a reasonable challenge, and none of them are un-killable. We might take another pass at them today, depending on how things go.
I hope I'm not misunderstood, I greatly appreciate all the work and help the staff does and I can understand GM involvement in the event of some bug or something broken. For testing purposes, wouldn't you guys be able to whitelist selected players to the test realm for a set duration for the purpose of testing out fights like this?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Sejanus wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:GM's respawning lair bosses is just about over at this point. We were doing it to tweak balance and difficulty, we can't test a fully geared 6-man team on the dev server. All of the bosses seem to be a reasonable challenge, and none of them are un-killable. We might take another pass at them today, depending on how things go.

I hope I'm not misunderstood, I greatly appreciate all the work and help the staff does and I can understand GM involvement in the event of some bug or something broken. For testing purposes, wouldn't you guys be able to whitelist selected players to the test realm for a set duration for the purpose of testing out fights like this?
Would it be possible? Yes. Practical? We've tried, and like any guild activity, herding a pile of cats into one spot and asking them to behave is difficult. Adjusting on live with several groups of differently geared and skilled players who show up with a serious mentality to get stuff done is much easier. Even better when they don't know we're there and watching as they're not putting on a show, just doing their thing.

Tesq

Post#7 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:13 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Quest credit will be adjusted so it uses the system that other lair bosses do. Most damage gets loot/quest credit.

GM's respawning lair bosses is just about over at this point. We were doing it to tweak balance and difficulty, we can't test a fully geared 6-man team on the dev server. All of the bosses seem to be a reasonable challenge, and none of them are un-killable. We might take another pass at them today, depending on how things go.
i suggest instead a system with give the drop and kill to ppl who first pulled it and can only give them to the enemy if none of your party member is present alive at the kill. This way enemy kill you and then kill the boss instead db steal directly over the boss.

1 thing is db steal
1 thing is fight for the lair bosses

you should encourage the gank of the ppl not the gank of the bosses.

NB: make a check before boss reset to actually attack also the other side if all the party member die.

Sejanus

Post#8 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:36 pm

Tesq wrote:
i suggest instead a system with give the drop and kill to ppl who first pulled it and can only give them to the enemy if none of your party member is present alive at the kill. This way enemy kill you and then kill the boss instead db steal directly over the boss.

1 thing is db steal
1 thing is fight for the lair bosses

you should encourage the gank of the ppl not the gank of the bosses.

NB: make a check before boss reset to actually attack also the other side if all the party member die.
Its a good idea but you'd have to also fix it so people couldn't tag and run away. But also prevent it from being untagged from being reset if a tank gets punted and another group swoops in while there are still party members alive.

Ads
slightwriter

Post#9 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:20 pm

bloodi wrote:Are Gms really respawning bosses for some people? How is that in any shape or form, allowed?
I think it is a matter of testing live. I don't think it is a mater of favorites getting special treatment. It would be nice if interference was met with something like "Please do not interfere with this test while we work to balance this encounter" rather than "banned". But power does that thing.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:29 pm

slightwriter wrote:
bloodi wrote:Are Gms really respawning bosses for some people? How is that in any shape or form, allowed?
I think it is a matter of testing live. I don't think it is a mater of favorites getting special treatment. It would be nice if interference was met with something like "Please do not interfere with this test while we work to balance this encounter" rather than "banned". But power does that thing.
Storm wasn't part of the testing or the group that started this conversation, he was responding to player reports of misconduct as GM's are generally expected to do.

You can bring any further psuedo-accusations of GM misconduct to me via PM. I don't expect to entertain them further on the forums.