Recent Topics

Ads

Aggressive staff?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kopfmotorrad

Re: Aggressive staff?

Post#11 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi Xenosidal,
the community of RoR welcomes all new players.
The player base is large enough that it complies with social statistics. Meaning that there are also lots of assholes hiding in between all the friendly players. Some players are just out to make other people angry and think rules dont apply to them.
So the next time when it seems to you that a GM might not be de-escalating in an individual case or not being overly polite, then I can give you a 99,99% guarantee, that the reason is that someone else has been a pain in their ass again.
When in doubt, cut these guys some slack.
And most importantly , have fun playing :)

Treehit

Ads
Sparrer

Post#12 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm with the op. There's quite a lot of arrogance, rudeness and false assumptions for an open welcome community like RoR but discussing it will only end up in a thread lock or a ban.

Guys done a totally awesome job but IMO once you decide to run a community you should either keep a 100% friendly approach or delegate the actual communication to someone more outgoing. No offense or anything.
Last edited by Sparrer on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SOcial

Post#13 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:48 pm

Torquemadra wrote:Because players dont get to pick and choose what stats they want their gear to have in order to fit their specific playstyle of torment spam. .
So aggressive ! so toxic ! so true ! hahaha You play dragon gun torque right ? need that sweet WS for aoe like a boss :p

Just kidding and sorry for the out of subject reply.
Mostly Order these days
Drukenbrad Mara 40/7x
Drunkenbill SH 40/7x
Drunkenlenny BG 40/7x

Drunkenemi SW 40/80
Drunkenbrian WH 40/80
Drunkenbob IB 40/80

And most of the Druken... character :p

Dresden
Banned

Post#14 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:51 pm

Less discussion, more faith and patience.

IF YOU CAN HANDLE IT.

I quite often fail to do so. :lol:

edit: "Less discussion, more faith and patience." is a suggestion in defense of the staff.

post edit: ""Less discussion, more faith and patience." is a suggestion in defense of the staff." is feedback in defense of ME.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Danielle

Post#15 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:37 pm

Torquemadra wrote:playstyle of torment spam. We arent stupid, we know when people have vested interests and reducing the stats of benefit for one class isnt happening.

I could for example laugh out loud and call them out for trying to stack the deck .
Which is what you are doing right now in a way? You were not willing to have a discussion about changing any of the sets I didn't feel the need to reply as that makes things perfectly clear for me. You are in charge of the sets (I think), I got your nope loud and clear. If you are not willing to change your opinion so be it. If you feel like having having a discussion is pointless, again so be it. We know what the power equilibrium looks like here. Your nope is a very concise way of conveying all that.

On the other hand, what is wrong with having a vested interest? Are you not going to listen to feedback about the class/spec from people who play the class, because they all have vested interest? You are going to have some very knowledgeable suggestions in that case. Yes I will straight out admit not having weapon skill on gear benefits my playstyle. I don't see a problem with it, I mean I thought I stated my particular bias in the thread very clearly, for you to take into account. Why shouldn't certain playstyles not have a potential for good itemization?

Honestly I don't even care about weapon skill so much. At the end of the day torment might be like 25-33% of all attacks and the weapon skill on the other skills is still somewhat useful. However, since you were so kind to bring this up again, arguing that not having any offensive items without weapon skill is without benefit for 2 classes that posses the following:

-Commonly used spammable that ignores armour
-Very strong cd skills make all skills ignore 50% armour for 7s
-Pierce armour on WE ignores all armour
-WH Seeker's Blade with Seeker's Triumph ignores all armour makes the skill have a 5s cd (spammable with WW from a SM)

Could be very hard. I do think having 3 different sets at least makes things more interesting for a variety of specs as you can see from the above outline.

There's nothing wrong with spamming Torment or AW or Seeker's Blade together with some debuffs and executing if one attacks from behind, they are the highest dps skill for the class in that situation, I don't even know what you are trying to criticize there. It's not just my specific playstyle; it's what a majority of people playing the two classes do.
That post in particular was very flatly in direct opposition to the stats assigned on those sets and wanted a complete reversal. There's not much conversation needed, and it's not something that 10 pages of fighting about was ever going to change.
Not actually what I asked for. If you care to read the thread you will find my suggestion was one weapon skill offensive set and one non-weapon skill offensive set OR just having weapon skill on some pieces. Also I think it's worth discussing whether or not weapon skill is a worthwile stat on WH/WE, because clearly we might have quite some disagreements on the matter, and perhaps we could come to good decisions discussing those disagreements? If we cannot have opposition what is the forum for? Is it just a announcement and cheerleading platform then?

Personally I may not understand why we could have three perfectly reasonable sets at the start of t4, one with weapon skill and offensive stats (ruin), one with offensive stats and no weapon skill (annihilator), and one with defensive stats (mercenary). This time around we have double offensive with weapon skill sets and one defensive stats, which means all the styles focused on using armour penetrating skills more often don't really have a go to set. I thought it was worth having a discussion about having 3 types of sets every time like we did at start of t4, that satisfy all the possible playstyles and specs and not just those that benefit most from weapon skill, because I thought that was the better arrangement. I don't know why you think having weapon skill on two sets is a better solution and I guess you don't care to explain; So I guess I'll never know.

Here's what I see here: You don't want to argue. or don't want to say why things are a certain way. You might have the weaker side of the argument or you might have the stronger side. You might have the math on why weapon skill is good. It might also be that someone just copy pasted all the mdps stats and nobody wanted to fix it later, because it might wipe people's existing conqueror gear or f***k other things up. I don't really care which of the above reasons it is they are all legitimate. So it would have been nice to have another 2 lines after that nope explaining it, or to actually even have a discussion about what role weapon skill should play for WE/WH. The 'nope' and close thread just implies some insects below you posted some rubbish and you are done with it by closing the thread, and you don't care to give justification, because it's all a meaningless waste of your time, which may seem rude to some people. Well I am sorry to have wasted your time sir! If playing a Witch Hunter is too much of a bias to give feedback on Witch Hunter I guess I'll just eat my Witch Hunter hat and choke on it, instead of posting another feedback thread about the class and everyone's time will be saved.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

SOcial

Post#16 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Thing is WS isnt a bad stat for WH in BaL spec half your skill dont penetrate armor, torment
should be like 2 or 3 GCD the rest doesnt bypass armor. (opening/Hdebuff/fervor/parry debuff BaL and then torment cause you want to cover your **** against good healer, not sure about the order though)

You want to rely on seal of destruction ?

Ok its a 1 min CD skill for 7 sec of activity so in a party play that mean that you spam torment for the other 53 sec ? (also i think that skill is way overrated when you consider that it gets your armor penetration to 50% and dont actually increase your armor pen by 50% but maybe i'm wrong on this)

Truth is you always have attack that higly benefit from WS i really dont get all the crying on that matter

But i think this isnt what OP was particulary referring too so truth is i shouldnt even reply to this but again sorry for the out of subject imo the staff answer to point that are made in sometime a rough manner but they are no pro in communication just passionante people about a game we all love and putting it up for free for all of us to enjoy.
Mostly Order these days
Drukenbrad Mara 40/7x
Drunkenbill SH 40/7x
Drunkenlenny BG 40/7x

Drunkenemi SW 40/80
Drunkenbrian WH 40/80
Drunkenbob IB 40/80

Danielle

Post#17 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:58 pm

SOcial wrote:Thing is WS isnt a bad stat for WH in BaL spec half your skill dont penetrate armor, torment
should be like 2 or 3 GCD the rest doesnt bypass armor. (opening/Hdebuff/fervor/parry debuff BaL and then torment cause you want to cover your **** against good healer, not sure about the order though)

You want to rely on seal of destruction ?

Ok its a 1 min CD skill for 7 sec of activity so in a party play that mean that you spam torment for the other 53 sec ? (also i think that skill is way overrated when you consider that it gets your armor penetration to 50% and dont actually increase your armor pen by 50% but maybe i'm wrong on this)

Truth is you always have attack that higly benefit from WS i really dont get all the crying on that matter

But i think this isnt what OP was particulary referring too so truth is i shouldnt even reply to this but again sorry for the out of subject imo the staff answer to point that are made in sometime a rough manner but they are no pro in communication just passionante people about a game we all love and putting it up for free for all of us to enjoy.
Which is why when the two of us disagree, we can have a polite discussion on the matter and the devs don't simply lock the thread, but pick and choose what to read or whether to ignore the thread altogether if it's a lot of rubbish? I mean you know, maybe there would be some useful feedback or something as a product of such a discussion. You know this is the part where we can compare dps parses and rotations and different builds/situations and how they rely on torment, but we are not going to do that, cause thread got locked, as devs don't want or need any of that.

Say you have another class that applies the healdebuff instead of the WH. Then you are actually not covering anything, and if the other class has an ailment your rotation can start with Seeker's Blade then? Torment, Torment Torment, Execute, Torment Torment, Torment, Torment (Insert executions as you wish). Or even better you have another class apply the healdebuff and are running a Seeker's Blade build in which case your 'kappa rotation' with WW is Seeker's Blade, Seeker's Blade, Seeker's Blade, Seeker's Blade (Insert execution as you wish). Well then, in those 2 situations weapon skill isn't looking that hot anymore is it?
Last edited by Danielle on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

SOcial

Post#18 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:05 pm

I get your point maybe on this topic the reaction was a bit rough, but as a whole i think dev are pretty considerate of what they hear and read, dont focus on your story and try to see the whole story (although i get that its dissapointing to you)
Mostly Order these days
Drukenbrad Mara 40/7x
Drunkenbill SH 40/7x
Drunkenlenny BG 40/7x

Drunkenemi SW 40/80
Drunkenbrian WH 40/80
Drunkenbob IB 40/80

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#19 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:39 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Dresden wrote:What is the staff's position on ppl taking theory discussions to a private forum?

Mind if i set one up?
I don't think we would have any position on you making a private forum. That would make it none of our business.
I'm very busy right now folks but if anyone who is STRONGLY MINDED to start their own private 'RoR server discussions' forum does so BEFORE i do then i'll back off and support you.

RoR server discussions < this pure and undiluted context equals win-win for everyone.

LET THE RACE FOR POWER BEGIN!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

edit: This is how we can finally cut the staff some slack and BITCH freely.

post edit: If you tell me it's not the obvious solution then you crazy, YoU cRaZy!!!
Last edited by Dresden on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

IvanP7

Post#20 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:41 pm

If you hate what devs do you should save yourself from wasting time and play on a different server.