Recent Topics

Ads

Bringing life to t2/t3

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
ZewKrwi

Re: Bringing life to t2/t3

Post#21 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:47 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Another idea is that after all 9 T4 zones are locked down, T4 has "peace" for 24 hour, where people can either do Scs, or they can continue the fight in T3.
You want punish ppl for having high lvl char by banish them from orvr for 24h, and forcing them to play sc or low lvl char?

T1 2 and 3 is just a road to t4, where you learn game and char, at t4 you play with best players have best gear it's just normal end game. Why not do that, why broke t4 and force ppl to go back?

I believe t4 has already his own problems and don't need more from t2-3. You put contribution at rvr lead wb, take BOs and keep, fight other players and lose bag with player that all time run with supplys from BOs to keep or after 10 place from contribution you roll place 50. :roll:

You leave t1-3 because you get exp, lvl up and go forward and you can't stop it, it's just the way it is. So more new players means more ppl t1-3, and more old players and we focus at t4 if you make t5 we will go there becasue ppl want to play good end game...

If you get t4 gear at t3 what you will fight for at t4? We also don't need map from t3 at t4. At t4 we have 9 big rvr maps and at t3 3 small. Players from lvl 25 vs players lvl 40 rr 50?

I would suggest maybe just make t4 rvr and sc for lvl 40 only and only with rr 40 and you will have a lot of more ppl at t1-3 becase they will not be able to play end game rvr and sc, and power lvl will have no sense either.
Zewkrwi - Zealot / TUP
Krwizew - Rune Priest / Spiritus Sanctus

http://www.chosna.pl/

Ads
Ugle

Post#22 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:56 am

ZewKrwi wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote: Another idea is that after all 9 T4 zones are locked down, T4 has "peace" for 24 hour, where people can either do Scs, or they can continue the fight in T3.
If you get t4 gear at t3 what you will fight for at t4? We also don't need map from t3 at t4. At t4 we have 9 big rvr maps and at t3 3 small. Players from lvl 25 vs players lvl 40 rr 50?

I would suggest maybe just make t4 rvr and sc for lvl 40 only and only with rr 40 and you will have a lot of more ppl at t1-3 becase they will not be able to play end game rvr and sc, and power lvl will have no sense either.
Adding t3 maps to t4 would ofc need t4 lvl requirements. T3 inf gear buffed to t4 would give more gear options ;)

Your suggestion would work too :)
inactive

th3gatekeeper

Post#23 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Been chewing on this idea since I read this. Wanted to make sure before I posted I had something to add to this conversation...

- we want T2/T3 more popular, but we also want T4 with constant action. We cant always have it both ways. We have limited population to spread across "4 tiers" and we saw the negative impact of having 4 tiers, which reduced it to 3 tiers which was GOOD for tier 4, but bad for lower tiers since now there is less population there, spread out over lower tiers. It will always be a tug o war between tier 4 vs tier 1-3.

- we want "universal" currency so lower tier time can still get you towards gear like Dominator, however the issue there is once people have those things... they get bored. Gear is the biggest "carrot" on a stick we have, once we get the carrot, we lose "purpose" behind playing. So we dont want to necessarily make getting Dominator easier... But I think we COULD make getting the Merc and RVR equiv (I forget the name) easier to get, since it is considered "end game" gear still...

- we dont want players discouraged in lower tiers, by solo-joining RVR WBs (PUGs) and going up against a full pre-made Warband and get rolled over, making them not want to play. Tier 1/2 should be seen as more a "training ground" IMO for t3/t4...

So all of this is a VERY fine balancing act... Here are some of my thoughts. I want to preface with I wouldnt do ALL of these, but these are my thoughts towards this subject:

Thought 1) "Universal" currency. I think the 5:1 ratio is too sharp for trading "up" currency. Frankly, I would like to see this bumped to 2:1 for each tier. So I do some SCs as a lower level, OR I do RVR and get medallions/emblems and I can more easily trade them for higher tier rewards later. This makes getting sets like Merc at 40 easier = more reason to PVP at lower tiers. For some people, lower tiers might be an EASIER way of then getting RVR medallions for gear at 40... The only catch here is we cant currently trade "up" to get the newest currency item (forget the name) for things like Dominator... But I think this will eventually be enabled, and could fix the problem. So rather than 5:1, making it 2:1 makes lower tier PVP more enticing... Or atleast less of a "I need to get to 32+ ASAP to work on end game progression" now PVPing at lower tiers DOES help with that progression. So this "curve" needs to be looked at so that PVP and RVR in lower tiers DOES help progress towards that "carrot".

Thought 2) I remember when I first started WAR, maybe ~ 2 years ago? Level cap I recall was like 32. I remember as a tier 1, we could accept all the PVP quests from all tiers and turn them all in. Besides the gold, the biggest thing this did was the EXP.
I think making the lower tier SC quests and the "WAR" quests give like 10x the EXP they do now so "THE" way to level is via RVR and SCs at lower tiers, rather than questing or trying to Power Level. ONCE THIS HAS BEEN DONE. I would remove Power Leveling by somehow limiting EXP for a group where players are drastically different levels. Say a lvl 10 parties with a lvl 40. It should somehow skew the EXP so that 4/5th goes to the lvl 40 and only 1/5th to the lvl 10 or SOMETHING. Maybe just shut off EXP gain (though this might have issues with de-bolster IDK). But what THIS does is removes the "quick path" to 40, but gives BACK to those players incentive to level via PVP - SC/RVR.

Thought 3) Tier 3 merged with Tier 4. This idea might be met with criticism but I would CONSIDER doing some type of "requirement" in which some tier 3 objectives count towards tier 4. Maybe the BOs matter in tier 3 for tier 4. Maybe tier 4 zone is locked until tier 3 is captured.. Basically somehow tie tier 3 to tier 4, so the progression is almost go take a tier 3 BO/Keep and then progress towards tier 4. Just my opinion, but tier 3 at lvl 32/35 were some of the most fun times I had in this game. Tier 4 is almost too large of numbers, too grand scale where as tier 3 seemed "perfect". I think somehow creating the progression of end game so that tier 3 is first, then goes into tier 4, this also creates some level of excitement and "drop what you are doing" to do the tier 4, because its less of a "24/7" and more of a "its open, so do it now!" sort of thing.

Thought 4) along the lines of Thought #3... Maybe you alternate between tier 3 and tier 4 - both being "max tier" PVP at 32+ but have like certain "times" that either is open, or maybe a much LONGER "lock timer" on tier 4 zones... Maybe a 24 hour lock timer, so tier 3 is the next best thing... However tier 3 needs to be seen as "worth it" so you might enable things like Genesis gear to drop (although more limited than in tier 4) that type of thing. Both thought 3 and 4 are to funnel more players at max tier into these based on them being exclusive... Either tier 3 is "active" and tier 4 is not, or tier 4 is active and tier 3 is not and BOTH are considered "end game". This would allow for tier 1 to be 1-15 and tier 2 to be 16-31 or whatever. 32+ is "tier 3/4 end game".

I think these types of things will encourage lower tier PVP. Essentially.
- merge t3/4 and make them exclusive. Meaning cant do both at same time.
- T1/T2 PVP should be the focus for "leveling" not PVE quests via increased rewards
- Removed "Power Leveling" to force players to level via PVP.

All these are designed to incentive and "funnel" players into the same content.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

ZewKrwi

Post#24 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:16 am

To 3
" Tier 4 is almost too large of numbers, too grand scale where as tier 3 seemed "perfect"."

T4 have sometimes on 1 side 3 full open wb + guild close wb and some other lone wolfs and also ppl at other side... 250+ ?
So many ppl will not be able to play at t3 rvr it's just to small, and we have many ppl that want play rvr. So in short many players will be forced to not play, and that why for me thats bad idea.

"much LONGER "lock timer" on tier 4 zones... Maybe a 24 hour lock timer, so tier 3 is the next best thing... "

No one stop anyone from playing t3, but if ppl like more to play t4, then forcing them to play t3 is just wrong for me. If you like it play it, but forcing other is just way to stop playing at all.

If you rise lvl for players at t3 to to 39lvl:
You will have much more players because you lvl up much longer at higher lvls...
If you use rr as rank not lvl for sc and rvr t2-3 become more important, and more ppl will join it pvp instead of power lvl.
T4 will also get better players from lower tiers starting from lvl 40 rr 40 and we all are happy.
Problem of t4 is that from one side you have players 40/50+ in premades vs players 35/1 with no gear and playing alone, it's unfun while ppl could lvl and play with fun to lvl 39 at t3.
Zewkrwi - Zealot / TUP
Krwizew - Rune Priest / Spiritus Sanctus

http://www.chosna.pl/

polamodano

Post#25 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:43 am

roadkillrobin wrote:So i've been thinkin, why is it that people skip t2/t3 RVR in favor for power leveling.
And my conclusion is thats there is 2 main problems.
1: People wana get to t4 coz thats were moast of the action are and moast of their friends are playing
2: There's no rewards thats really worth bringng with you from the lower tiers.
So it is possible to go directly from t1 to t4?

flatfoot1987

Post#26 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:58 am

How about merging T1 and T2 and separating T3? It just feels more natural as the game is more similar in T1 and T2 while T3 is more like mini-T4. The ranges would look like 1-25 for T1/2 and 25-39 for T3.

Just think of this. Right now people in r3x range are in the middle of nowhere. When someone hits r31 he's supposedly moving to T4 yet he's not welcome there at least until full ruin and r38+. And that means he's welcome to temporary pve rush. It's a grey zone from both orvr and scenario perspective.

Say, if I had the chance to compete against similar players in 30-40 range I wouldn't rush it to r40 because it's not as miserable as r1-r30 range where you have no class abilities, no builds and no gear/looks to choose from. We've all been through leveling dozens of times and to me no class feels appropriate until r30 at least.

You can slow down and enjoy your class in 30-40 range. This where you have most of your tools at your disposal — you can actually learn how to play in endgame. You can also catch up you renown rank if you poweleveled through T1/2.

All of that above plus some T4 starter gear rewards given in T3 (upgrading the existing inf rewards or just T4 currency). It would make sense to stay there for a while.

Combined T1/2 would work like this: you gotta cap T1 pairing in order to access corresponding T2 pairing and so on.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

roadkillrobin

Post#27 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:12 am

polamodano wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:So i've been thinkin, why is it that people skip t2/t3 RVR in favor for power leveling.
And my conclusion is thats there is 2 main problems.
1: People wana get to t4 coz thats were moast of the action are and moast of their friends are playing
2: There's no rewards thats really worth bringng with you from the lower tiers.
So it is possible to go directly from t1 to t4?
Well you need to level up to 31 somehow.

th3gatekeeper

Post#28 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:26 pm

flatfoot1987 wrote:How about merging T1 and T2 and separating T3? It just feels more natural as the game is more similar in T1 and T2 while T3 is more like mini-T4. The ranges would look like 1-25 for T1/2 and 25-39 for T3.

Just think of this. Right now people in r3x range are in the middle of nowhere. When someone hits r31 he's supposedly moving to T4 yet he's not welcome there at least until full ruin and r38+. And that means he's welcome to temporary pve rush. It's a grey zone from both orvr and scenario perspective.

Say, if I had the chance to compete against similar players in 30-40 range I wouldn't rush it to r40 because it's not as miserable as r1-r30 range where you have no class abilities, no builds and no gear/looks to choose from. We've all been through leveling dozens of times and to me no class feels appropriate until r30 at least.

You can slow down and enjoy your class in 30-40 range. This where you have most of your tools at your disposal — you can actually learn how to play in endgame. You can also catch up you renown rank if you poweleveled through T1/2.

All of that above plus some T4 starter gear rewards given in T3 (upgrading the existing inf rewards or just T4 currency). It would make sense to stay there for a while.

Combined T1/2 would work like this: you gotta cap T1 pairing in order to access corresponding T2 pairing and so on.
Hmmmm, interesting. So merging T1/T2 rather than T2/T3.

So T1/2 would be 1-25.
T3=26-39
T4=40+

That isnt a bad idea. Only concern is for the early level players who Que for SC at say level 5 and dont even have any armor... Get roped into playing against lvl 25 players who have a good chunk of abilities, and likely renown points.

I do like the idea of this type of thing though. Make T4: 40+ only. Lets be honest... A lvl 32 wearing green gear with likely <lvl 30 renown isnt going to do much against a RR60+ Decked out 40...

I still come back to making PVP THE path to leveling. This would be a massive "fix" for the learning curve and player enjoyment... I used to LOVE playing a new class. Personally tier 1 RVR always felt amazing to me. Its simple, yet very fun. A great "tutorial" on how PVP works. Large scale, capture points, learn the class mechanics. Anything greater than a lvl 15 and you start "losing" that and it create "unfair" matchups like I said earlier with a lvl 25 vs a lvl 5 player... Unless you OVER boost them (which might be an option).... So eventhough they dont have abilities/gear/etc. You could over boost lower level players to significantly out stat higher level players. This COULD be tremendous fun...

I think its worth some testing.

Overall what I would like to see are:
1) Improved leveling experience VIA PVP.
2) Improved "Quality Control" at 40.

I think both are accomplished by:
-making The "highest" tier: 40+ only.
- dividing the player base <39 into two camps. Potentially: (1-19) and (20-39). Then OVER boosting lower players to compensate for gear/RR/etc. This would likely yield the greatest results. Then, be GENEROUS with PVP Quest EXP. When you enter an SC and get the quest to "win" the EXP should be significantly boosted (IMO). Rather than "Power Leveling" players would then RATHER just pvp to level up - if the "time to level" was even remotely comparable.

Same with RVR. Making Keep takes in t3/t2 worth significantly more EXP, I would even say to the point itll nearly grant a full level just off 1 keep take. So rather than "boost an alt to 40" you notice T3 or T2 pvp is going on, you hop on an alt and level him.

Or if a NEW player joins the game, he can reliably Que for SCs or go do RvR and use that as a reliable leveling method.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Ads