Recent Topics

Ads

Add renown bonus to new xp reduction scrolls

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dresden
Banned

Re: Add renown bonus to new xp reduction scrolls

Post#11 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:
Dresden wrote:PFFT!!! with 75% reduction in xp you've got plenty of time to get your renown up!

More/longer play in Mid means exactly that so that's good for keeping peeps in Mid, if it ain't then there's NO solution!

I disagree with your suggestion.
75% reduction? Its 50% or?
Any T2/T3 quartermaster vendor - "Use: Reading this scroll will reduce XP gain by 75% for 1 hour."
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#12 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Ah km ty
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

dansari

Post#13 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:01 pm

I also disagree.. mid tier renown gain is great where it is. You can pretty consistently keep your renown level close to your character level even while completing the T3 epic quests.
<Salt Factory>

Luth

Post#14 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:15 pm

The scroll works fine and there is no reason for even more renown rewards; if anything the scroll should also block rested XP but that's it.
With increased renown, people might just take the scroll, gather renown ranks way faster than before and then, when they reached the desired renown rank, just grind XP to T4.
With increased renown, people will spend less time in lower tiers, which is counterproductive to the goal to populate the mid tier.

Dresden
Banned

Post#15 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:26 pm

Luth wrote:The scroll works fine and there is no reason for even more renown rewards; if anything the scroll should also block rested XP but that's it.
With increased renown, people might just take the scroll, gather renown ranks way faster than before and then, when they reached the desired renown rank, just grind XP to T4.
With increased renown, people will spend less time in lower tiers, which is counterproductive to the goal to populate the mid tier.
Or they'll just have more time to do more things and enjoy it more.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Tesq

Post#16 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:21 am

There are several reason pro and contr to not add it and they escalate even more if you then procede to increase t3 cap to 39

This should never happen imo: as was suggested allow some transition windows is a VERY good idea.

1- it allow x ppl to make active multiple tiers
2- it allow to keep level up so the transition is less painfull.

It is not instead increase the cap of t3 till rank 39 as the renow will be even more compressed when entering in t4 due the need of race to 37-39 and do renow later.
This with xp reduction stuff may also create a long term of powerfull chars in t3 which dominate the others due power creep difference.

The problem you want solve cannot be solve with such system
The race to rank x0 every time is forced by

1-key skills/itiems: such g-heals and mount
2-tactic slot

Mount problem was in part pointed and improved
Key skill and tactic slot still need to be andress as is the class balance in lower tier.
Exemple some classes get their tools at lv 25 other at lv 30.
Is my opinion that this can be easily solved as change the order of the skill aquisition from t1 to t3 cant in anyway change the t4 balance.

Some key points:
-All g-heal should be gained when you leave t1 if there are mixed levels then immidiatly when you cant stay anymore in t1
-All tactics slot should be granted at least as follow

Rank 5
Rank 15
Rank 25
Rank 35

There is no such problem as tactic balance as the tactic auto scale with level when they are addtive in stats and they are anyway proportional when they confer flat %increase.

-it would be cool that morales and other key skill like juggernaut, charge get learned when you enter in the tier and not immidiatly before pass onto the next one.

To make an easy exemple turn up/down all the learnig skill table in each tier , make important stuff get learned immidiatly so that ppl is not forced due the power creep to first level up to 10/20/30/40 and then renow farm because this is what is costantly happening.
Some lower tier issue got solved as in tbe case of kobs got both crit tactic 1 nerfed and 1 binded to 2h so is impossible have both before t4 ( and in t4) in 1 build but i image there are other disparity such probably all BG lower tier balance.

flatfoot1987

Post#17 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:24 am

Well, I get it. A no is a no, thank you for expressing your opinions.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Crassus

Post#18 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:56 am

I'd not be down for it. Renown gain is actually pretty good in Mid Tier. So, Personally.. I don't see the need for this.
WITNESS ME!

Ads