Recent Topics

Ads

Add renown bonus to new xp reduction scrolls

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
flatfoot1987

Add renown bonus to new xp reduction scrolls

Post#1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:52 pm

Last patch introduced xp reduction scrolls. The idea is pretty nice on its own but honestly I think it has limited appeal in its current state. What if a renown gain bonus would come along with xp reduction from these items?

I'm not suggesting any percentages now. Probably it doesn't have to be huge, not sure about that. Imo that would be tempting for players who consider debolstering for new gear currency but they are unsure whether it's worth the time. Renown bonus should work only in midtier though.

Current t2-3 players would also have another incentive to stay for a bit rather than rush to t4. The longer they stay in midtier the more ready they become for t4 as they'll get stack up some renown ranks and currency to convert to officers and buy t4 gear.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Ads
nebelwerfer

Re: Add renown bonus to new xp reduction scrolls

Post#2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:24 pm

This seems like a Good idea to me! but should IT work in scenarioes aswell?

Aurandilaz

Post#3 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Doesn't sound too bad. What I would also suggest is widening Midtier a bit at both ends, allowing "soft" transitioning like on live, where you could enter T2 earliest at 12 and had to leave T1 latest at 15, and enter T4 earliest at 32 and exit T3 latest at 39.
Let's face, how many rank 31 characters compete efficiently in T4?

A question would be however if such renown bonus would "negate" the effects of being +40 rr, when gain drops to half of previous gain speed.

flatfoot1987

Post#4 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:50 pm

nebelwerfer wrote:This seems like a Good idea to me! but should IT work in scenarioes aswell?
Dunno. I'd add a flat bonus that works in scenarios too.
Aurandilaz wrote:Doesn't sound too bad. What I would also suggest is widening Midtier a bit at both ends, allowing "soft" transitioning like on live, where you could enter T2 earliest at 12 and had to leave T1 latest at 15, and enter T4 earliest at 32 and exit T3 latest at 39.
Let's face, how many rank 31 characters compete efficiently in T4?

A question would be however if such renown bonus would "negate" the effects of being +40 rr, when gain drops to half of previous gain speed.
Imo 30-39 shouldn't even be a t4 range. But that's another issue and it's pretty important imo. I feel that sub-40 characters aren't really welcome in t4 orvr/scenarions but I'm not sure what's the preferred way to handle it. I remember pveing to at least rank 37 before starting orvr on my characters here. But other people may say it's fine.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Dabbart

Post#5 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:27 pm

T2/3 already has double renown...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

flatfoot1987

Post#6 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:34 pm

Dabbart wrote:T2/3 already has double renown...
That's news to me. Where can I read some info on that matter? Played in mid-tier last weekend and rr gains seemed to be x1.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Dabbart

Post#7 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:44 pm

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=20580&hilit=renown+gains

"[Other Changes]

Azarael
- Old mails will now expire correctly
- Increased renown rates for RvR in T2/T3"

More info later in the thread, and also discussed elsewhere. Search forum for Renown gains T2/3 and you'll find more posts.

Edit: remember that you are fighting lowbie toons. The odds that "most" of the enemies you are fighting have equal rank/RR is tiny. This should hopefully fix it's self as more people lvl entirely via PvP, and more take advantage of the XP item.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

flatfoot1987

Post#8 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:18 pm

Dabbart wrote:viewtopic.php?f=42&t=20580&hilit=renown+gains

"[Other Changes]

Azarael
- Old mails will now expire correctly
- Increased renown rates for RvR in T2/T3"

More info later in the thread, and also discussed elsewhere. Search forum for Renown gains T2/3 and you'll find more posts.

Edit: remember that you are fighting lowbie toons. The odds that "most" of the enemies you are fighting have equal rank/RR is tiny. This should hopefully fix it's self as more people lvl entirely via PvP, and more take advantage of the XP item.
Okay, I guess I've missed that one, I'm sorry. That doesn't mean there's no room for more bonuses/incentives though. I'll probably be playing in midtier this weekend again and I'll monitor renown gains.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#9 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:39 pm

PFFT!!! with 75% reduction in xp you've got plenty of time to get your renown up!

More/longer play in Mid means exactly that so that's good for keeping peeps in Mid, if it ain't then there's NO solution!

I disagree with your suggestion.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#10 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Dresden wrote:PFFT!!! with 75% reduction in xp you've got plenty of time to get your renown up!

More/longer play in Mid means exactly that so that's good for keeping peeps in Mid, if it ain't then there's NO solution!

I disagree with your suggestion.
75% reduction? Its 50% or?
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy