Recent Topics

Ads

scenario quests, pt 3

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
navis

scenario quests, pt 3

Post#1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:53 pm

Hi all, Nathural.
Hi I was thinking again about scenario quests and how good it could be if there was more turn in spots for them. I can't remember if this specific subject question was asked, but can you make duplicate turn in vendors in more locations?
From what I understand you can't make multiple NPC turn-ins but can you duplicate the NPC in various locations?

thanks

Ads
Dabbart

Re: scenario quests, pt 3

Post#2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:13 am

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20563

Sulorie asked that same question. We're still awaiting the response.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:45 am

There is a single turn-in NPC located in your capital city for a reason. To a large degree, people congregate in that spot to queue. This means, eventually, maybe, they might notice each other, decide to git gud, and group up. It also gently deters them from unintentionally influencing RvR, in particular, by causing spikes in AAO as they bounce in and out of scenarios. We could duplicate that NPC, but we're not going to.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:04 am

I assume the question was directed to me although misspelled.

Currently the only way to accomplish this is to make the turn in a generic mob because we cant specify multiple different turn in NPCs but we can spawn the same NPC on multiple places but unless its a generic mob it feels weird and there is also the point that wargrimnir raised

navis

Post#5 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Thanks for reply both. Great to get to understand your reasons.
I disagree with Wargrimnir's opinion on why we should play the game as imagined ...edit...
Anyway I can understand the AAO concerns, but again I'd argue it's more important and common place for players to continue scenarios while on their adventures all around the game. Basically this is the way it has been in WAR since the beginning so why now decide that things should be different?
Maybe it could be duplicated in just the scenarios and the city?
Last edited by navis on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 pm

navis wrote:Thanks for reply both. Great to get to understand your reasons.
I disagree with Wargrimnir's opinion on why we should play the game as imagined in a ego-centric mindset, however gameplay is something that should be determined by players as individuals!
Anyway I can understand the AAO concerns, but again I'd argue it's more important and common place for players to continue scenarios while on their adventures all around the game. Basically this is the way it has been in WAR since the beginning so why now decide that things should be different?
Maybe it could be duplicated in just the scenarios and the city?
Nothing is stopping you from taking scen pops wherever, it just means you don't have easy access to turn in the quests. Why now decide things to be different? Because nothing old is sacred. In fact, many old things seem to be mistakes in their own respect, so we change things pretty much whenever we feel like there could be a better way. You don't agree? I'm not surprised, but then your reasoning is essentially "to make it easier to get stuff", which is never a reason we've respected before.

Lancez

Post#7 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:48 pm

I see, so the options are

Sit in Aldorf waiting for SC pop so that we can turn in quest when it's finished
or
Fly back to Aldorf after each SC to turn in quest
or
Ignore quest turn ins until a time that is convenient to return to Aldorf, which risks losing out on repeat instances of that quest in the course of running SC's

Considering the rewards are XP / currency they tend to be valuable imo so I think the 3rd option is the least favorable, the other two are not ideal as well for different reasons.

I can understand what you are trying to achieve but i think it's value is over estimated. The reason people do SC's is for the XP/Renown/Currency. The quests are just a nice bonus so IT'S actual impact on peoples decisions will be minimal. Wherever the quest turn in NPC is have little to no effect on my decision to run SC's or influence RVR.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:31 pm

It an inconvenience for anyone playing SC, while all rvr-related npc are withing keeps and warcamps. Well, I guess we got an answer. ;(
Dying is no option.

Ads
navis

Post#9 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:45 pm

wargrimnir wrote: You don't agree? I'm not surprised, but then your reasoning is essentially "to make it easier to get stuff", which is never a reason we've respected before.
I totally understand you guys want to change stuff but I never understood why so often you seem to use this reason as a generalized shield to protect yourselves. It just seems like you are betraying yourself. So often you guys have jumped to say these kinds of responses and not actually respond to relevant conversations.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:59 pm

navis wrote:
wargrimnir wrote: You don't agree? I'm not surprised, but then your reasoning is essentially "to make it easier to get stuff", which is never a reason we've respected before.
I totally understand you guys want to change stuff but I never understood why so often you seem to use this reason as a generalized shield to protect yourselves. It just seems like you are betraying yourself. So often you guys have jumped to say these kinds of responses and not actually respond to relevant conversations.
You're going to cherry pick a common statement and argue that I did not join the conversation despite the fact that I made relevant statements twice in regards to it? That just seems like you're looking for a fight.

First Response
There is a single turn-in NPC located in your capital city for a reason. To a large degree, people congregate in that spot to queue. This means, eventually, maybe, they might notice each other, decide to git gud, and group up. It also gently deters them from unintentionally influencing RvR, in particular, by causing spikes in AAO as they bounce in and out of scenarios. We could duplicate that NPC, but we're not going to.
Second Response
Nothing is stopping you from taking scen pops wherever, it just means you don't have easy access to turn in the quests. Why now decide things to be different? Because nothing old is sacred. In fact, many old things seem to be mistakes in their own respect, so we change things pretty much whenever we feel like there could be a better way.