Recent Topics

Ads

Is it possible? -Scenario Question-

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Crassus

Is it possible? -Scenario Question-

Post#1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:57 am

Hey!

So I've noticed that pugs get one map to play on and pre-mades get the others. Based on what I have seen and heard from players in game.. Should this not be the other way around? Pre-mades join only one map and the rest are pugs?

I'd like to hear everybody on this. It just seems that there are far more pugs that just continually get farmed since all the high-RR people can que in a 6 out of 7 map selection (so to speak). A lot of people are (from what I hear) losing interest because of it?

Just a thought I would throw out there after hearing it multiple times.
WITNESS ME!

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Re: Is it possible? -Scenario Question-

Post#2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:34 am

Crassus wrote:
So I've noticed that pugs get one map to play on and pre-mades get the others.
Thats wrong. There are 2-3 scenarios with split queue. Caledor Woods and Eternal Citatel with one queue for 6man and one for solo players. And the rotating PuG-Scenario with one queue for solo-players and two man teams and one queue for groups with more than two players.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Crassus

Post#3 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:42 am

Well, I guess I am wrong then. I just continue to see the same 6 people all running together in scenarios.. Reik Factory, Maw, Logrins and so on. Unless they're all solo-quing together? if that makes any sense.
WITNESS ME!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:51 am

Caledor Woods and Eternal Citadel are group queue only, 6v6. Group can mean as little as 2 players, but generally people queue as a 6-man team. Eternal Citadel is a T4 only scenario. I don't recall why.
Whatever the pug scenario is can be queued solo or duo. Poll is here
All other scenarios are free for all. Queue solo, duo, full 6-man, whatever.
There's no handling that specifies balanced groups.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#5 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:56 am

Its The " Problem" that most pugs join all scs! Well than they often get stomp by pre. If The pugs would only join for the pug sc they will have good Pop on it and no premates
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Crassus

Post#6 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:58 am

wargrimnir wrote:Caledor Woods and Eternal Citadel are group queue only, 6v6. Group can mean as little as 2 players, but generally people queue as a 6-man team. Eternal Citadel is a T4 only scenario. I don't recall why.
Whatever the pug scenario is can be queued solo or duo. Poll is here
All other scenarios are free for all. Queue solo, duo, full 6-man, whatever.
There's no handling that specifies balanced groups.
Well! That makes sense. Thank you for clearing that up. :) Now I've got a solid answer for those that were curious, aside myself.
WITNESS ME!