Recent Topics

Ads

AoE morale damage targeting cap

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
xanderous

Re: AoE morale damage targeting cap

Post#31 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:54 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I explained in my orginal post that I wanted to scrap the progressive morale scaler completly and go back to a static morale gain vallue of 6M/Sec/Groupmember. Awell as scrap the scaler affecting the tactics so they always opperate at full effect. I don't belive this scaler is solving any issues at all. The only thing the reduced static Morale gain and having a upscaler in RVR does is preventing order from reaching M4 in smalle scale.

As compensation I wanted to make M2 Damage abillties much much worse. M3 Slightly worse. and M4's better and more reacheble for everyone. I think the game would play alot better with people reaching M4 in 50-100 seconds, then having to face a M2 with almoast the same damaging effect, after 5-10 seconds of fighting. Thats what i wanna acomplish with my sugestion.
My final word on the subject in regards to the morale gains is that, even with the scales fixed, it would mean that destruction still has an advantage over order in the generation of morales, block orcs, zealots, sorcs and chosens can still generate a faster morale cohesion than order can, i mean apart from AM and brightwizard there is pretty much nothing else they can do when it comes to that particular field, if anything order should have stronger morales simply just compensate but i would not even propose that as an option.

heck dude, i'd be happy to see the morales go the way of the dodo and just simply try to balance around abilities but that is an entirely different corn field.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#32 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:07 pm

Yes Destro have better Morale gain and Order have better pretty much everything else. Thats how the game been ballanced. Remoing morales completly would create a need for massive rework of the game. Thats just not a option imo. Rework of morales could be.

xanderous

Post#33 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:11 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Yes Destro have better Morale gain and Order have better pretty much everything else. Thats how the game been ballanced. Remoing morales completly would create a need for massive rework of the game. Thats just not a option imo. Rework of morales could be.
Can you produce an example of what order has that is better, would be helpful to understand what you mean by that.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

th3gatekeeper

Post#34 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:23 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:As we know the outcome of large scale fights sadly is determined by ASAP Morale damage. (M2 and M3s)
My conlusion is that the Morale rates arn't the problem. Its the Morale dmg. I wanna sugest a new way of trying to deal with dmg morales.
I have been chewing on this a lot lately and arrived at the same conclusion.

For the sake of illustration, take morales to the extreme.

Lets say (to be class unspecific nor faction specific) ALL classes have an M4 in which it deals 20,000 AOE damage (I said extreme right? :P ) What I mean by this is "once this morale is reached, it = win".

So.... would the solution be: "well right now you can get that every 2 minutes, lets make it every 10 minutes!"

No... That just means every 10 minutes you have people cry foul...

So the BETTER system would be to not mess with morale gain, but NERF the morale abilities.

I have seen it before, people proposed "removing all damage morales" which I was torn on...

At the end of the day, all you really need to do is adjust the most overpowered morales.

So which morales are the biggest problems? Make adjustments to them by:
- nerfing the damage
- nerfing the target cap

Then you wont have "i win" buttons. The rate of gain on that "i win" button is NOT the problem. The problem is people having "i win" buttons in the first place. (without getting into 'it requires coordination blah blah')
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

th3gatekeeper

Post#35 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:26 pm

xanderous wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:Yes Destro have better Morale gain and Order have better pretty much everything else. Thats how the game been ballanced. Remoing morales completly would create a need for massive rework of the game. Thats just not a option imo. Rework of morales could be.
Can you produce an example of what order has that is better, would be helpful to understand what you mean by that.

I think a much easier way to argue this point is:

Point 1) Its almost universally agreed upon that destru vs order is "fairly well balanced" as a whole right now.
Point 2) Destru has better morale gain than order
Point 3) Therefore, if Destru has better access to morales, which are OP, yet Destru vs Order is 'balanced' this MUST mean:
Point 4) Order classes (without morales) are supperior to Destru (without morales) since
Point 5) Destru need morales to "even" the balance.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

roadkillrobin

Post#36 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:31 pm

xanderous wrote:
Yes, but the list would be very very long.

xanderous

Post#37 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:51 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:
xanderous wrote:
Well can you give me one example?

th3gatekeeper

Post#38 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:53 pm

xanderous wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:
xanderous wrote:
Sure.

Healing WP > Healing DOK. There is one example.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Ads
xanderous

Post#39 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:57 pm

th3gatekeeper wrote:
xanderous wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:
Sure.

Healing WP > Healing DOK. There is one example.
Where is the example, you just listed two classes, i'm just asking for one clear example of what makes order stronger than destruction to justify why destro have so much more morale pumps.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#40 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Just give em The ranged kd pounce mace :)
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy