Recent Topics

Ads

Harvesting and Crafting

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
spikespiegel84

Harvesting and Crafting

Post#1 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:46 am

I don't know about the effective possibility of scripting this, nor the devs point of view.

Would it be possible to chose more widely among the professions, meaning 2 harvesting skills per character or 2 crafting ones, instead of 1 and 1?

I am thinking this for the simple reason that some classes are less effective in PvE, so that would be the proper case for 2 Crafting, while a better performing class could use 2 harvesting.

Ideas, opinions?

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Re: Harvesting and Crafting

Post#2 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:41 am

Talisman making + scavenging / salvaging

Potion making + butchering / cultivating

4 c/g combonations available and 4 character classes available, perhaps the AoR devs wanted us to try all 4 character classes.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

spikespiegel84

Post#3 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:36 am

I understand that. What I mean is if the forced coupling crafting+harvesting can be broadened to crafting + crafting or harvesting + harvesting

Dresden
Banned

Post#4 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:13 am

spikespiegel84 wrote:I understand that. What I mean is if the forced coupling crafting+harvesting can be broadened to crafting + crafting or harvesting + harvesting
Indeed.

Personally i doubt that will happen cos balance/gold reasons.

Sorry, i have nothing more constructive to add.

I'd like to scavenge & salvage on a tank char.

With t4 medallions to buy anni gear with (and then salvage) i'd be knee-deep in +22 strength tali's! 8-)
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

lilsabin

Post#5 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:29 am

maybe diversify the prof we allready got , cause they are boring as **** on the long run . Give time to devs not 50 yers i hope :P) to maybe add more recipe or maybe add another prof...why not cooking since we got butchering...could help with survivability , since no one wanna give it to the classes directly :P and no , cooking wont be the same as potion making ... remember DIVERSIFICATION

Glorian

Post#6 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:39 am

Cooking would be great!

Like finding special meals in Star Trek Online or real cooking like in Skyrim.

In the basic Skyrim cooking it was only health. In the mods you had different small buffs from the meals. Like better AP regen or protection vs magic.

Only small buffs but still crunchy.
And if there are different beer recipes I know a group of dwarfs who would explode with joy. :D

lawfol

Post#7 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:57 am

This is a MMO...if you are not interested in making several toons/invest the time and spread out the gathering skills (crafting skills are no problem,as allmaterials can be sent by mail)...interact with other players.
If you are to shy or dont wnt to commit much to aguildor a list fo in game friends, use the addon "shiny" for the Auction house,see who sells goods youneed, contact them for a bargain/bulk sale.

Afterlife92

Post#8 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:18 am

It would be cool if they can implement cooking but I don't think they will. Lvling trade skills is super easy for some players its boring. Once you lvld all trade skills you cun supplement yourself with pots and purple talis and even make some nice gold. Magic salva is the most boring but if you have good aoe class its not that hard to farm green gear (for example get butcher on aoe mara you farm apo mats and get green gear). You can lvl apo cult from lvl 1 char.
Bakir

Welch - DoK / Welchz - WP
Paperboy - RP (R.I.P) / Meekz - Zealot
Welchs - AM / Littlez - Shaman
Kriksos - Mara / Skengman - Engi

Ads
spikespiegel84

Post#9 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:12 pm

Thanks for the lesson in mmos, I really needed it.
It is just practicity. You raise 4 skills anyway. It is a matter of choosing a+b/x+y or a+x/b+y.
Personally speaking I really don't need them. All my guildies cover me with talismans/potions. And the few PvE I do is for sets/levelling 9x%>100% if needed. If you have a toon dedicated to PvE would be more practical to let him harvest and use a pvp toon for crafting. That's all.