Recent Topics

Ads

Unification of rewards by Tier.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Unification of rewards by Tier.

Post#11 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:49 pm

spikespiegel84 wrote:Would it be possible to start the t2 influence in t3 zones once the original influence of the t3 zone is complete?
High-pass: once completed the original influence bar, the t2 empire bar start to fill up, with the same requirements of t3 or higher.
Sounds pretty fair to me, and not free. What do you think, Wargrimnir?
There's no interaction between the tiers for influence from what I can tell. What would be more likely is getting rid of T2 influence altogether and make T2 zones provide T3 influence. There's probably a dozen other mechanics that are hooked into T2 that would need to be changed as well. It's another project on the list of things to do for Mid Tier.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Luth

Post#12 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:25 pm

I think people zerg exclusively T1 empire for three reasons:
1. Every new player starts there and some don't know anything about the game (that there are other starting areas)
2. Only 3 BOs to capture for the lock, because mythic entertainment decided to remove the "lost lagoon" BO
3. It's easier to capture and hold these three BOs, as all they are close together and the zerg has not to decide how many people defend and how many capture the lagoon.

The T1 empire RvR with the lagoon BO taught new players something about tactics; with the removal, the area can just be zerged mindlessly. I think it would be better to restore the lost lagoon once the client can be modified instead of making T1 (empire) RvR even more easier, as atm in my opinion new players learn nothing there.

Dresden
Banned

Post#13 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Luth wrote:I think people zerg exclusively T1 empire for three reasons:
1. Every new player starts there and some don't know anything about the game (that there are other starting areas)
2. Only 3 BOs to capture for the lock, because mythic entertainment decided to remove the "lost lagoon" BO
3. It's easier to capture and hold these three BOs, as all they are close together and the zerg has not to decide how many people defend and how many capture the lagoon.

The T1 empire RvR with the lagoon BO taught new players something about tactics; with the removal, the area can just be zerged mindlessly. I think it would be better to restore the lost lagoon once the client can be modified instead of making T1 (empire) RvR even more easier, as atm in my opinion new players learn nothing there.
Two oversized npc's in each Nordland warcamp with simple xp/gold quests to get newbs started in the other two RvR lakes would work.

What i remember about T1 RvR from live (in my newb phase) was how influential the rally call thingy was in getting me to go out to the other two RvR lakes, without that working i am SURE that two big shiny 'signposts' in the Nordland warcamps would work wonders.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q