Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Beastlord cloak quests rework

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dresden
Banned

Re: [Suggestion] Beastlord cloak quests rework

Post#11 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:21 am

Tesq wrote:well make juggernaut enlight on dw dragon would sure help ppl understand how move fast around
Okay.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
ragafury

Post#12 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:37 am

Well I think DW boss is the best designed boss and he doesn't need any changes.
It is pretty clear that he punts, and it's pretty clear how to avoid getting punted down for the group.

If you (not OP, generally spoken) do, what you are supposed to do it's a 2-5 minutes kill.

It's just a public intelligence and DPS test. sorry to say it , but there is 0 luck involved in that PvE encounter.

Dunno about the lore stuff. That's for somebody else to decide.

short edit: I don't mind getting it changed, but to some degree it's just a evidence of incapacity....
Last edited by ragafury on Sun May 21, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Dresden
Banned

Post#13 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:40 am

ragafury wrote:Well I think DW boss is the best designed boss and he doesn't need any changes.
It is pretty clear that he punts, and it's pretty clear how to avoid getting punted down for the group.

If you (not OP, generally spoken) do, what you are supposed to do it's a 2-5 minutes kill.

It's just a public intelligence and DPS test. sorry to say it , but there is 0 luck involved in that PvE encounter.

READ THE OP, NO ONE IS SUGGESTING THAT GHOLNAROS SHOULD BE NERFED.

I CLEARLY STATED MY OPPOSITION TO EVEN SUGGESTING SUCH A THING.

WTH?!
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

ragafury

Post#14 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:45 am

Spoiler:
Dresden wrote:
ragafury wrote:Well I think DW boss is the best designed boss and he doesn't need any changes.

WTH?!
The thing is, you stated in your original post 2 or 3 times that it is too hard for ppl to finish....

and no it isn't. I edited my post shortly after submiting, so read the short edit please. :)

I'm somehow defending the position that ppl are simply not worthy of the finished set if they are incapable of killing the boss.

But as I stated, it's not the worlds end.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Dresden
Banned

Post#15 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:01 am

ragafury wrote:short edit: I don't mind getting it changed, but to some degree it's just a evidence of incapacity....
INDEED.
ragafury wrote:
Spoiler:
Dresden wrote:

WTH?!
The thing is, you stated in your original post 2 or 3 times that it is too hard for ppl to finish....

and no it isn't. I edited my post shortly after submiting, so read the short edit please. :)

I'm somehow defending the position that ppl are simply not worthy of the finished set if they are incapable of killing the boss.

But as I stated, it's not the worlds end.
Your interpretative reading of the OP lacks the foundation of the level of mental acuity required for ME to respect your opinion.

Let me make this clearer for you: IT'S HARD AND IT CAN BE CHANGED IN A WAY THAT KEEPS IT HARD.

I have NO interest in and NO care for the position you are defending, go and defend it to SOMEONE ELSE.

Dabbart

Post#16 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:17 am

Are you still trying to Hire people to kill those dragons for you? If it takes an hour for you to form a functional group, then maybe you should expand your friends list a little bit?

And just cause you have issue killing them quickly and efficiently doesn't mean everyone does.

Each boss has a fairly basic system to it. If you are having trouble with the Dragons, then you'll have trouble with any lair boss. the Dragons are some of the easiest imo. That punt/rear mechanic is really simple to deal with. Bring an intelligent tank, face the dragon in the middle facing the long side. After each punt, reorient the dragon in the center the long side. DPS/heals stand directly behind the dragon. If he rear's KD him. Rinse and repeat until he burns.

Whatever the Devs want to do. But that seems like a bunch of work for no discernable gain..
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Dresden
Banned

Post#17 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:22 am

Dabbart wrote:Are you still trying to Hire people to kill those dragons for you? If it takes an hour for you to form a functional group, then maybe you should expand your friends list a little bit?

And just cause you have issue killing them quickly and efficiently doesn't mean everyone does.

Each boss has a fairly basic system to it. If you are having trouble with the Dragons, then you'll have trouble with any lair boss. the Dragons are some of the easiest imo. That punt/rear mechanic is really simple to deal with. Bring an intelligent tank, face the dragon in the middle facing the long side. After each punt, reorient the dragon in the center the long side. DPS/heals stand directly behind the dragon. If he rear's KD him. Rinse and repeat until he burns.

Whatever the Devs want to do. But that seems like a bunch of work for no discernable gain..
Why is no one reading the OP properly? why am i being bombarded with ridiculous nonsense?

Dabbart

Post#18 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:29 am

We read the OP. We disagree with your conclusions that anything needs or should be changed, and give our reasons why. Why is that so difficult to understand?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#19 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:31 am

Dabbart wrote:We read the OP. We disagree with your conclusions that anything needs or should be changed, and give our reasons why. Why is that so difficult to understand?
If you say so.

Dresden
Banned

Post#20 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:32 am

Tell you what, seeing as how most people in this topic are just seeing "NERF DA PUNTY DRAGON!" instead of what is actually there how about i propose an ACTUAL nerf?

1. Maintain the existing quest narrative (main first quest) as it is with just the Stag Mantle as a reward.

2. Write an entirely new narrative (alt second quest) where you only have to kill Festitt (no Xaphan) to get the Skaven Cloak!

How is that? is that what you want? are you happy now?

Why not put a huge mob of champion Skaven (assorted types) inside the cave (near Festitt) to make killing Festitt even harder?

The narrative could be that they are a refugee band of Skaven that are now hiding in that cave after bothering everyone!

Ryan! Skaven! Excuse!
Last edited by Dresden on Sun May 21, 2017 2:10 am, edited 3 times in total.