Recent Topics

Ads

remove renown concept.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
aldorn

remove renown concept.

Post#1 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:37 am

i wrote this in point form a while ago and have avoided posting it because people around here.... hmmm.... yah.... anyhow, im bored so here it is.

One thing to note, this benefits me in no way whatsoever, I personally have enough time to play the game and get the gear/renown, I just think this would be a smart choice for the game in 2017 with its small tight community. Actually this is going to make my game even worse because the field will be level (joy).

Remove renown

Reasoning? To remove (a large % of) GRIND and to EVEN THE PLAYING-FIELD at the end game (t4). Being a small community this will make the playing experience better for casual players. Why do people need to put in ridiculous hours to be able to compete?

Whats the reason we are playing a 10 year old broken mmo? I think I can speak for the majority of people when I say its for the pvp/rvr. War is rather unique in that aspect (Community aside here, talking about game mechanics). Why subject people to a grind fest and not let them just play the game as they want? I think their was a place for the proper grind fest 10 years ago, but things have changed. You can see this in modern mmos like cu and crowfall. They are stepping away from insane leveling processes (korean mmos being the other side of the spectrum) and focusing on what people want to do, play the bloody game and have fun! Grind is not fun.

So what about level (xp) grinds?
[*] Leveling - This is a 2 week maximum grind. Its not hard and has a foreseeable goal that doesnt turn people away. This is also an integral part of warhammers learning curve.

And gear grind? we need a goal!
[*] Gear - We like goals, we need a goal... this is where gear comes in. I may contradict myself here a bit. I really like where ror is going with this. We have choices! Its awesome. I would suggest to make this the complete focus of the game, lets get a new set every x months, not something more op, just something different. I think a large mistake that was made with the 2010+ (post-Jacobs) developers was the focus on complete sets being op end game (which required the rr...). The game was a much more even playing-field when we were mixing dp, conq, wl, anni, redeye, etc. We seem to be in that area right now and i really like it. I would suggest not making sets like '6 piece conq' being something that u 'have to wear' to be the best, lets not have all the toons the same! I want one toon to be a different beat to another. BL and Genisis are great, they have really mixed what people are wearing and i think the game would be better off with more of this.

[*] gear gear gear - More pve options! more sc options! sets from drops! sets from keeps, forts, currency, gold, mob farming, lair bosses, etc etc. Just mix it up and give the players choice. If im not getting that conq from gold bags (qq) then thats ok, I have have other options! I would also like to see more procs, sets that are working with the odd specs that we dont usually use! Anyhow going off point here.

[*] trinkets - another great thing to strive for that isnt game breaking and anyone can get with effort. lotd capes, vessel weapons, pocket items, chargers charm, deer transformation cape (name?), chaos mirror, battlebrew, etc etc.

But I like purple rain, alternate suggestions for renown;
- have it cap at 40. It could run side by side with the leveling system / learning curve.
- Infinite renown. Detach it from the ability system but have it go on to infinity. This is an idea from the live servers, the concept being it is used as a status symbol and certain unlocks (non game breaking).

troll away.

Ads
Dabbart

Re: remove renown concept.

Post#2 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:06 am

I wouldn't even try to Troll a troll of this caliber. 10/10. I see good things from this thread...

/me grabs some popcorn
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: remove renown concept.

Post#3 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:12 am

At least you were bored and didn't waste valuable time writing this up. Locking before the salt brigade arrives.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog