Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Scenario event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dresden
Banned

[Suggestion] Scenario event

Post#1 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:36 pm

This is not a request/demand or a complaint, please feel free to slap this idea down immediately, i'm not precious about it.

What about an event of a few days of mass play in one of the bigger scenario maps? Battle for Praag?

Maybe it could involve a simple kill quest (demanding a HIGH number of kills) to get a trophy or a potion or something.

Maybe a Khorne theme? let a few Khornate mob types (and their order equivalents) run about a bit in the scenario's,
you could make them part of any quest requirements.
Last edited by Dresden on Mon May 22, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
HissiCNesS

Re: [Suggestion] Scenario event

Post#2 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Sounds like fun! And the Blood God always demands his skulls... And blood... A LOT!!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULLTHRONE
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!

Darosh
Banned

Post#3 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:38 pm

If the community-related outcome of that event wouldn't be so predictable and dire... Sure, it'd be great fun.
As is you'd just enable enhanced pugfarm, littered chats and forum wars ~ some things never change.

I am all for events as they tend to bring people together, but centering events around formats that are prone to the pug-vs-premade debate is imho not a good idea.
In ORvR you can atleast cover up the fact that people dare to run in organised groups and such by virtue of map dimension and the numbers in play, scenarios are too tiny of a frame to avoid all hell from breaking loose.

Even if the event would come with a group requirement to prevent some of the old drill by defusing some of the undying arguments (e.g.: matchmaking, [...], yada yada yada) from the get go, it'd just lure others out of their holes to comment on bias, intention and how unfair they are being treated all together.

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Uck...battle for praag. It's basically rvr-in-a-can, that map!

Cool suggestions, and similarly it would be nice to see some incentives/event for premadevspremade scs too.

Darosh
Banned

Post#5 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:14 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Uck...battle for praag. It's basically rvr-in-a-can, that map!

Cool suggestions, and similarly it would be nice to see some incentives/event for premadevspremade scs too.
One would have to think about enabling two versions of the event-related scenarios, pug only and premade only ~ dunno whether thats feasible to begin with, given the population in the respective timeslots and all that.
Otherwise you'd have premade sync queeing in the end... I think there is nothing more painful for pugs than BoP/GC with two premades on one side and none on the other.

Premade vs premade events would be alot of fun, but that would bring us back to what I alluded above about people and holes.

Dresden
Banned

Post#6 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:40 am

Darosh - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20758&start=20#p240816 :lol:

peterthepan3 - Oh no! you have uncovered my secret plan! ;)
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Bastion

Post#7 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:50 am

I thought in something similar. Pairing scs like:

- Gates of ekrund 12v12 dwarfs vs greenskins
- nordenwatch 12v12 empire vs chaos
Etc...
Bretonnia was a shield for Wood Elves, normal, they have Toughness 3 also know like paper elves.

Darosh
Banned

Post#8 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Cheeky, considering the sentence you start up your suggestions with - especially in this case; considering how generic of a suggestion this is and that it accounts for roughly 5% (if even) of the server's population.
Might aswell describe the sky as red and count flying pigs while we are at it, if we brush of its implications and the environment it is meant to be run in.

Abbd.:

1. time limit and shiny (cosmetic) rewards
2. playerbase that is unwilling to group up and loathes competitive play(ers)
3. server population split by timeslots (= the splitting of event related scenarios into pug and premade only not being an option; queue times)
4. the funneling of said playerbase into a format that is entirely dominated by the few premades left and that does not offer leeway (map dimension/objectives/matchmaking) whatsoever
5. premade population predominantly playing on order, leaving destro all to much vulnerable to enhanced pugfarm
6. occasional premade vs premade that'll invetiably end in cannons vs premade; epeen vs epeen or epeen vs (own) pugs in the chats
7. horrific relationships between the subsets of the community to begin with

Combine the above and you'll effectively emulate the ORvR lootroll-experience; you'll harm the community (as you give the majority of players a reason and an opportunity to complain about the event - by extension the status quo). The "But you don't need/aren't forced to play the event! Bleh, bla."-drill might be supported by common sense, but common sense as such is not a thing that people care about these days.

I am a pugherder at heart myself, however I don't see a point in denying reality or forcing the issue.

Again, I suggest you distance yourself from (only-)scenarios related events for as long your other attempts (6v6 events and alike) of crafting a competitive community don't yield convincing results - as is you'll just scare people off; hurt their 'feels' by killing them in a video game, or anger them; waste the time they pour into the game to get the event items, making it ever less likely for yourself to convince them to join you and participate in competitive play.

TLDR: Don't force the issue by pushing people's faces into areas of the game that they'll ~ given the set of circumstances you'll create - invetiably consider to be flawed beyond belief.

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#9 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Spoiler:
Darosh wrote:
Cheeky, considering the sentence you start up your suggestions with - especially in this case; considering how generic of a suggestion this is and that it accounts for roughly 5% (if even) of the server's population.
Might aswell describe the sky as red and count flying pigs while we are at it, if we brush of its implications and the environment it is meant to be run in.

Abbd.:

1. time limit and shiny (cosmetic) rewards
2. playerbase that is unwilling to group up and loathes competitive play(ers)
3. server population split by timeslots (= the splitting of event related scenarios into pug and premade only not being an option; queue times)
4. the funneling of said playerbase into a format that is entirely dominated by the few premades left and that does not offer leeway (map dimension/objectives/matchmaking) whatsoever
5. premade population predominantly playing on order, leaving destro all to much vulnerable to enhanced pugfarm
6. occasional premade vs premade that'll invetiably end in cannons vs premade; epeen vs epeen or epeen vs (own) pugs in the chats
7. horrific relationships between the subsets of the community to begin with

Combine the above and you'll effectively emulate the ORvR lootroll-experience; you'll harm the community (as you give the majority of players a reason and an opportunity to complain about the event - by extension the status quo). The "But you don't need/aren't forced to play the event! Bleh, bla."-drill might be supported by common sense, but common sense as such is not a thing that people care about these days.

I am a pugherder at heart myself, however I don't see a point in denying reality or forcing the issue.

Again, I suggest you distance yourself from (only-)scenarios related events for as long your other attempts (6v6 events and alike) of crafting a competitive community don't yield convincing results - as is you'll just scare people off; hurt their 'feels' by killing them in a video game, or anger them; waste the time they pour into the game to get the event items, making it ever less likely for yourself to convince them to join you and participate in competitive play.

TLDR: Don't force the issue by pushing people's faces into areas of the game that they'll ~ given the set of circumstances you'll create - invetiably consider to be flawed beyond belief.
Okay.

I am now ignoring you.

Dresden
Banned

Post#10 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:36 pm

How about mass fights in that three-storey twisty tower scenario?

I remember big fights in there on live, truely insane.
Last edited by Dresden on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.