Recent Topics

Ads

Defensive Tanks, not work correct?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
geezereur

Re: [FEEDBACK] Defensive Tanks, not work correct?

Post#11 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:33 am

Here you can penetrate defenses more easily and on live I think my Ib had 60% block or something it was a different beast.

Ads
Eathisword

Re: [FEEDBACK] Defensive Tanks, not work correct?

Post#12 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:09 am

Alfinnete wrote: Is there any problem with tanks in RoR?
He seems to be weak.
Or the MDPS are OP?
I am gonna go on a limb here and assume by your name that you are a frenchie, so i'll answer my best in french (translation in English at the end).

1- 4600 d'armure, c'est pas élevé. Sur un IB, tu peux facilement avoir plus que 5000. Personnellement, considérant les debuffs de mara (-1500 armure), je me promène pas avec moins que 5300-5500.

2- LA toughness, c'est pas imperméable ! Toutes les attaques auxquelles les statistiques de l'attaquant (force, ballistique, intelligence) ne contribuent pas ne sont pas affectées par la toughness.

3- Le cône de protection de block et parry est plus petit, je pense, qu'il était en live. En live, on pouvait bloquer les attaques qui proviennent des côtés (cône d'au moins 220 degrés). Dans RoR, Dès que ça dépasse 180 degrés, même moins des fois avec le lag, on ne peut plus bloquer. Alors, c'est plus important de bien se positionner contre les attaques.

Finalement, c'est sûr que les tanks sont plus vulnérables ici, simplement parce que les sets d'Armure disponibles ne sont pas très bons encore comparativement au jeu live. Par exemple, les dps peuvent avoir over 1050 de force, alors que c'est dur pour tank d'avoir 1050 de toughness et beaucoup de block/parry. Ceci dit, même avec un 2H sur un IB, c'est possible d'être pas mal dur à tuer en se positionnant comme il faut.

1- 4600 of armor is pretty low for IB. You could have easily 5000+. Personally, I never run with less than 5300-5500 because mara debuff is so strong.
2- Toughness can be bypassed. Any skill that doesn't scale from attacker's stats (strength, ballistic, intelligence) bypasses toughness entirely. So beware !
3- The cone of protection from block and parry feels smaller on RoR than live. From memory, on live that cone was at least 220 degrees, so you would block from the sides. Here it feels 180 or less (lag !) so positioning correctly is more important.
Finally, yes tanks are more vulnerable here, simply because armor sets are weaker than on live. For example, I believe it is far more easier for a dps to reach 1050 attack stats than it is for a tank to reach 1050 toughness + high block and parry. That being said, even on a 2H tank, it is totally possible to be somewhat hard to kill if you position right.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

tazdingo

Re: Defensive Tanks, not work correct?

Post#13 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:12 am

isn't it an issue with regen? i remember on live there were so many more sources of regen, and it was managing that which made solo tanks really hard

here we only have a few pieces and set bonuses, and the only bonus set from jewels (?) is quite poor at 50~/4sec ish

also toughness is an imperfect stat yes but what else are you gonna stack for def? you get your armour and chance to be crit sorted, then wounds is no use if pure endurance is your goal and actually works against regen. you need to make efficient use of every hitpoint and toughness does that

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#14 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:15 am

tazdingo wrote:isn't it an issue with regen? i remember on live there were so many more sources of regen, and it was managing that which made solo tanks really hard

here we only have a few pieces and set bonuses, and the only bonus set from jewels (?) is quite poor at 50~/4sec ish

also toughness is an imperfect stat yes but what else are you gonna stack for def? you get your armour and chance to be crit sorted, then wounds is no use if pure endurance is your goal and actually works against regen. you need to make efficient use of every hitpoint and toughness does that
There are lair rings 4 Times equippable with life Regen too
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

tazdingo

Post#15 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:17 am

Daknallbomb wrote:
tazdingo wrote:isn't it an issue with regen? i remember on live there were so many more sources of regen, and it was managing that which made solo tanks really hard

There are lair rings 4 Times equippable with life Regen too
jammit i really need to actually learn those

do you know the numbers? the tome set i'm referring to has some nice avoidance as well

Tesq

Post#16 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:21 am

2% armor reduction + 40 regen every 4 sec, from lair boss in KV.

the primary stat is variable and drop for all classes, ther is also a different version of the ring

tazdingo

Post#17 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:26 am

Tesq wrote:40 regen every 4 sec
FOR EACH RING? that's like... 75% of BG and IBs regen, but with double the uptime at worst?

- wait i'm not tree scaling it? sorry i am quite drunk and will show myself out

need those damn rings
Last edited by tazdingo on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#18 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:27 am

Jep for each Ring
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Ads
charlysixb

Post#19 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:49 am

Check your debuffs.... tanks have a M1 ( Demolishing Strike ) that debuffs your armour also and they stack with normal a-debuffs. My BG has 5,2k armour with pot and i suffer a lot sometimes lol.
I run with 70% parry buffed and feel is not enough... dont know if its my latency or something even trying to not give my "back" in a fight ( hihi WH's ).
There're many factors that are also very important like resists and initiative for casters that you should cover ( <3 The Winds Impervious set ).
Also configure Buffhead to show always the debuffs, its like going blind without it.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#20 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:58 am

Or Zealot morale 1 debuff + mara and you loose more than 2,5 k Amor so with 4500 you are not in a good spot As ib! You can have easy more than 5k and you should